Upgrade/upsell fairy questions

xbriannao

My husband and I are planning on going on our second cruise. We would love a balcony but cannot afford it. Therefore, even though it's unlikely, we are getting either a porthole or oceanview and hoping to get an upgrade. (Last cruise we were upgraded from porthole to oceanview and loved it)

My question is would it be more likely to get an upgrade to a balcony from an inside cabin as these are what they want to fill up as departure date comes closer? Even though it's a larger jump from inside to balcony?

Or would it be more likely to get an upgrade from the ov since it's closer in price to balcony, even though the insides fill up more?

Any insight from cruisers who have been upgraded to a balcony is the past is appreciated!(:

Usually how it works it one level up. They upsell the ocean view to a balcony and the interior to an ocean view and then fill those interiors with guarantee or discount to sell. Most people will spend a little more to move up. Interior to balcony would be a big jump.

I am glad you understand it is not the norm. I am a frequent flyer with Carnival and I have never been offered an upgrade/upsell. I book with a PVP and mention when I would be open to an upsell.

Whatever room you end up with have a great cruise.

I wish they called me with that type of offer!!! Amazing!!! I usually only get one category or higher, but most times I self upgrade when I see the prices drop. Best deal was $60 from an IS to a BL on the Glory years ago.

I had a 1A cabin booked when the fairy called. He offered me a Junior Suite for $200 for a 5 day cruise. You better believe I took it!

My husband and I are planning on going on our second cruise. We would love a balcony but cannot afford it. Therefore, even though it's unlikely, we are getting either a porthole or oceanview and hoping to get an upgrade. (Last cruise we were upgraded from porthole to oceanview and loved it)

My question is would it be more likely to get an upgrade to a balcony from an inside cabin as these are what they want to fill up as departure date comes closer? Even though it's a larger jump from inside to balcony?

Or would it be more likely to get an upgrade from the ov since it's closer in price to balcony, even though the insides fill up more?

Any insight from cruisers who have been upgraded to a balcony is the past is appreciated!(:

hi there

Realistically...this is your second cruise, you were offered one last cruise...considering it is somewhat random that you may get a call again, you might as well buy a lottery ticket and if you win then you can purchase your own upgrade. :D

We have been on almost 30 cruises and have only had one of those calls. It was from an OV to a balcony. Not on Carnival, never had an offer from Carnival, even though most of our trips have been with them.

good luck

have a great cruise

DH and I are taking our 28th Carnival cruise in May. We have been offered upgrades to Grand Suites (when we haven't already booked one) on occasion, but we never count on it. Our best was an upgrade to one of the two Penthouses (900 square feet) on the Imagination. It was a Christmas cruise and my brother and his wife were also on the cruise. Cost was $1,200, but we felt it was so worth it. It was an upgrade from a Junior Suite.

I have been upgraded from a balcony to a suite twice via a call a few days before the cruise. I also have been sent an email about a month before sailing offering me an upgrade to a balcony from an interior for like $150. I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason.

Our last minute calls from Carnival for upgrades are per person, except the $1,200 for the Penthouse upgrade was a total, not per person. They are usually very reasonable and easily acceptable.

We got the call about two weeks ago . We leave on the Pride May 7th. We had a Ocean suite booked and they called with an offer to up grade to the Grand Suite for a total of 600.00 more and yes we took it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked the ecstasy for 3 weeks from now and the only available cabins were balconies and suites. After explaining to the Carnival representative it was a very special occasion and past purchases for the family we got a junior suite for the price of the balcony. Wow!

I just got an Upsell call (my first) and was upsold from a interior w/ french doors on deck 4 to an extended balcony on deck 8. I didn't know why they were calling, but when the girl let on that she was calling with an upsell I figured it would be to an ocean view. I was shocked (and ecstatic) when she said balcony!