voyager of the seas refurbishing?

hi! was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the possibility of VOS being refurbished before beginning its Mediterranean sailing this summer 2006? Have been reading some of the latest reviews about VOS and it appears as if its appearance needs some up grading. Have sailed on Celebrity Century before it was in dry dock, lovely ship, and on the new Sapphire Princess, which is beautiful. Thinking about switching our reservations to one of the other lines. Any input? Thanks

barbara

I was on VOS in March, 2004 and it was really showing wear and tear then! The bottom of one of the pools had large sections of gunnite that had been chipped off exposing black ugly metal underneath. Carpets were getting worn, and housekeeping was poor- I looked at room service trays for several days that were not picked up, and there were big housekeeping carts constantly blocking the halls that were never put away in the service rooms. My sister's cabin was one of the unfortunate ones that constantly had the cart blocking their door.

That being said, if the itinerary for this ship is really the best for you, then book it. There is so much to do on these big ships that they are really better suited for the Caribbean when you are not on such a port intensive cruise like the Mediterranean.

• 2 months later...

Bappo, just wondering if you had heard anymore news on Voyager? Did you end up booking the Med.I haven't heard any bad things at the moment.Have heard she looks good eg decor wise :) I can't wait for my cruise on her.I know its Port Intensive so I won't get as many hours on her. I shall have to stay up late to enjoy it all :D

Hi! I have not heard anything more about Voyager, so I am assuming they made some repairs, or at least they are going to before they send the ship to the Med. we did book the cruise, because it was port intensive, and as we have never been to Europe before, we thought it would be the best choice for us. However, we are arriving 3 days early in Barcelona and will return 2 days later, so we have some quality time in Spain. My son did study abroad and really enjoyed his time in Barcelona, and Mallorca. He recommended doing the Mike's Bike Tour, so we are getting in shape to take it on. We reallly can't wait, have booked private drivers in Italy so as to maximize the short amount of time we will have in the three ports. Now, if the euro would just drop a bit against the US dollar, all would be terrific. Take care.

Bappo

thanks mountainhouse. I did as you suggested and there is a gap in time from when VOS arrrives in Barcelona until it does its 4 night cruise before beginning its regular season in the Mediterranean. It appears that from the 15th until the 23rd of May something might be happening. Several people have mentioned that VOS needs a bit of cosmetic help, so that is good news to me. Thanks for the info.

Barb

Archived