Looking for advice about Tallinn

MrsBear52

We are due to sail on Getaway and really want to visit Tallinn but I have limited mobility and use a walking stick so looking for advice about what is the best way to tackle this. All advice gratefully received.

The cruise terminal is gentle flat 15 minute walk to the edges of the city and from there you can get a Hop on hop off bus to go round Tallin or use it to get your to the old town (another 15 minute walk away on top if not using a bus) which is quite small and discoverable and not too steep in most parts but some parts are cobbled.

It is really not one to be missed on a Baltic cruise and we loved the Old town more than St Petes.

If I had a relative with a walking stick I would book a taxi to the old town and spend a gentle time walk around there with lots of sit downs as the cafes and views are great.

No real need for a tour in Tallinn, unless you can get it added on for cheap as part of a Baltic ports package. But the walk from the ship to the old town is a waste of limited time/energy/mobility, so catch a cab, as Velvetwater suggested. Ask them to take you to the top of the hill and work your way back down.

We are due to sail on Getaway and really want to visit Tallinn but I have limited mobility and use a walking stick so looking for advice about what is the best way to tackle this. All advice gratefully received.

You might want to do a search for Tallinn on the Disabled Cruise Travel board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190