Current Genies

We received a welcome message from Andrei who will be our Genie on Symphony June 10th sailing from

Barcelona. Anyone familiar with him?

We had Andrei on Harmony last year. He was fantastic!!! Please tell him JJ and Brandon say hello.

• 3 weeks later...
Received notice that Daniel will not be our genie any longer on Harmony, but Lisa. Any info on Lisa anyone?

She's likely new. There have been others asking about her on other forums and no one has heard of her. Harmony seems to have a lot of new Genies lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Today we received our welcome message from Hannah for our June 2018 sailing on Oasis.

We just received our letter for our upcoming cruise in August. Our genie will be Hannah. What did you think of her?

• 1 month later...

We thought she was fantastic. Very professional. She made some great suggestions for activities, and followed through with reservations. She got us into the comedy club before the doors opened, She even hooked us up with another GREAT family for time in the puzzle room. VERY friendly. We would be very happy to have her again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, queenfrostine22 said:

Charlie was working with our Genie Susan on our Allure cruise in May. 

He was really lovely and I think he will be a wonderful Genie to have.

Thanks so much for your feedback! 

We received our welcome letter from Araceli last week for our cruise on Dec 9, just under 4 weeks in advance.  I have been happy with the correspondence we have had so far,  and it is so good to read that other had a good experience with her.

Having a genie is a new experience for me, so I am guessing that others may be in the same boat.  Here is how we have used her so far. 
1-We asked her to reserve a beach cabana for us at Labadee.  There are only 2 on Barefoot Beach, and they were already taken, so she booked us an over water cabana, and promised to watch to see if a beach one becomes available.
2-She recommended we start making dinner reservations at specialty restaurants now because they could book up,  so we placed those.

3-Since we have a 5 yr old, I asked about in room babysitting, and how many children would be on the ship.  She let me know that inroom sitting is no longer available, and that they would not get lists of kids until a few days before sailaway.

4- I asked if the ship could provide a picnic lunch for us for one of our stops,  since we are there 7-2, and getting lunch in a restaurant could make us late back to the ship.  She let us know that in San Juan they are very strict about food coming off the ships (and apparently in Cozumel as well), so a picnic lunch was not possible.  She did say that she could set up a late lunch on our balcony when we got back to the ship, if we would like.

I can see asking a concierge any of these questions,  but the responses have been quicker and more personal (less canned) than I have had in the past from concierges. 

3 hours ago, mconthehighseas said:

We received our welcome letter from Araceli last week for our cruise on Dec 9, just under 4 weeks in advance.  I have been happy with the correspondence we have had so far,  and it is so good to read that other had a good experience with her.

Having a genie is a new experience for me, so I am guessing that others may be in the same boat.  Here is how we have used her so far. 
1-We asked her to reserve a beach cabana for us at Labadee.  There are only 2 on Barefoot Beach, and they were already taken, so she booked us an over water cabana, and promised to watch to see if a beach one becomes available.
2-She recommended we start making dinner reservations at specialty restaurants now because they could book up,  so we placed those.

3-Since we have a 5 yr old, I asked about in room babysitting, and how many children would be on the ship.  She let me know that inroom sitting is no longer available, and that they would not get lists of kids until a few days before sailaway.

4- I asked if the ship could provide a picnic lunch for us for one of our stops,  since we are there 7-2, and getting lunch in a restaurant could make us late back to the ship.  She let us know that in San Juan they are very strict about food coming off the ships (and apparently in Cozumel as well), so a picnic lunch was not possible.  She did say that she could set up a late lunch on our balcony when we got back to the ship, if we would like.

I can see asking a concierge any of these questions,  but the responses have been quicker and more personal (less canned) than I have had in the past from concierges. 

Hi

Not sure why you are making dinner reservations; we told our genie which restaurants we would like to try (including any lunches) and she worked up a schedule which included dining, shows and activities. She told us this is what she did, no need to book anything. Perhaps you need to ask if your genie could arrange? 

I can understand about the not taking food off the ship but you can have what ever you want delivered to you room before and afterwards. 

We sailed Symphony in Europe so can’t comment on cabanas. 

Hi TravelMadBrits,

Maybe I wasn't clear, but we gave our genie our dining requests, and she is managing the reservations.

We worked things this way because we are working around our child's needs.  He is very young, and doesn't like to go out to dinner at nicer places.  We prefer to eat at specific times and we knew which nights would be easiest for us.  My husband doesn't like having a busy schedule on vacation, so what your genie did wouldn't work for us.  As our son gets older and we are able to take him on longer trips,  we may try what you suggest.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...