With the WOW Sale, is RCL struggling to fill Oasis, Allure, & Harmony?

This latest never ending WOW sale by RC is phony.

I was attracted by this latest offer of 30% off every quests and $200 OBC.

When I check out the cruise I am interested in I find it is more expensive than what my local TA is offering in their website. It cost $1488 in the WOW sale whereas my TA price is $$1276.

It seems RC is only offering this for cruises that are not selling well.

Also the $200 OBC is only available on very selected cruises and my sense is that it was put in as a highlight to attract viewers.

First time I book with RC directly with their ongoing discounts of one sort or another because I didn't know how they work. Never book directly with RC as their price and policy is never to under cut their TA pricing.

Edited by SG007

The Wow sale is on increased prices for my scheduled RC cruise. They raised the base price and give you a discount? perhaps other cruise save but not all. Plus if you booked onboard and rebook, you could loose your perks.

what perks might you "lose" if you booked onboard?

Bill

This latest never ending WOW sale by RC is phony.

I was attracted by this latest offer of 30% off every quests and $200 OBC.

When I check out the cruise I am interested in I find it is more expensive than what my local TA is offering in their website. It cost $1488 in the WOW sale whereas my TA price is $$1276.

It seems RC is only offering this for cruises that are not selling well.

Also the $200 OBC is only available on very selected cruises and my sense is that it was put in as a highlight to attract viewers.

First time I book with RC directly with their ongoing discounts of one sort or another because I didn't know how they work. Never book directly with RC as their price and policy is never to under cut their TA pricing.

here in the U.S. the travel agents aren't allowed to sell the cruises any cheaper than what RCI has on their website. They can offer different perks but not sell the cabins for less unless they are cabins held earlier by the agencies for group bookings.

Bill

here in the U.S. the travel agents aren't allowed to sell the cruises any cheaper than what RCI has on their website. They can offer different perks but not sell the cabins for less unless they are cabins held earlier by the agencies for group bookings.

Bill

I would give you the website of my TA but this is not allowed here.

Anyway I believe the website broadcast is to local IP address only.

So if you are tech savvy and travelling to another country to cruise I believe you can get some local IP address and google for the local TA.

I ask because I notice the OBC & discounts specify these particular ships & I haven't followed the Oasis class of ships at all. Just curious. If so, booking after final due date might be the best option.
Just the opposite, they are sailing full week after week after week!....K.O.

We followed the room we booked and paid off for June 3rd on Harmony. When we first booked Ocean Balcony, it was around $1400 each. Using our TA, every time we saw it drop we had the TA rebook for the lower price. Our final payoff price was right around $1100 per. On the sale that popped up the end of April it dropped the price to just under $900 per person. We use the Ship Mate app to keep an eye on the price. If it changes 1% or more you get an email.

We are glad we used a TA because we ended up in a much better situation after that sale.

Keep an eye on the final prices.

I'm not sure that is the case. I looked CP balcony at Harmony for Easter. '19 and it's $800 more than same balcony on Allure Easter '18 for a quad. RCL has been having these sales with some sort of OBC incentive for the last 6 months.

I've got 4 booked cruises, only one on Oasis class (Symphony) thru Feb '19 and all of them are much higher than when originally booked. Plus, have you seen their stock price.

After following the never-ending WOW sales over the years it has become clear to me at least that WOW = With Out Worthiness.

The 50% deposit is worth something when booking a year or two out.

Cruise lines are like mattress companies...there is always a sale but the sale never saves you any money.

The only real sale was when RCL introduced the % off in May 2014.

Might be having a problem filling ship's, I see that just extended the sale again (may 8).

J.

As others have said, there's always a sale. One ends and a new one begins. Whether it's 3rd night free, 30% off or 50% off on 2nd Pax.

I always look everyday for good deals. Then i grab them . Unfortunately i missed out on the Rhapsody Of the Seas for 368. didn't book it immediately and when i checked back later that evening it was no longer that price. You can find great deals but you have to be diligent or have a TA check and call you when they can give you a steal if that's what your looking for. We vacation several times a year so we look for the best deals. Yes i did get a super deal on the Allure with an obc of 75. So excited never cruised on this oasis type ship yet . I saw the pictures and WOW. I check the deals every day.

I always look everyday for good deals. Then i grab them . Unfortunately i missed out on the Rhapsody Of the Seas for 368. didn't book it immediately and when i checked back later that evening it was no longer that price. You can find great deals but you have to be diligent or have a TA check and call you when they can give you a steal if that's what your looking for. We vacation several times a year so we look for the best deals. Yes i did get a super deal on the Allure with an obc of 75. So excited never cruised on this oasis type ship yet . I saw the pictures and WOW. I check the deals every day.

oh i also wanted to add The allure was already sold out i grabbed the last cabin at this price

We finally booked Oasis on board Liberty last week, , have really wanted to try one of the bigger ships but hated to spend the extra money, price for a GS was exactly 1k per person more than Liberty GS and even 400 per more than Liberty OS, but really want to try this and Costal Kitchen and all the extra dinning and entertainment

Stock is down today. If it continues to lose it's loyal cruisers like it appears to be trying to do, sell quick because it will be going down.

Stock is up $45.00 since I bought it last year. Had a bump last year when they announced the 5th Oasis class had been ordered. Up again recently when Symphony pre sales were announced, ship will not be completed for a year and it is already 25% booked for the Oct 2018 TA. Some of the big annalists just raised the price target to $125.00 and gave it a buy rating for 2018. We booked a ocean view balcony for the 2018 western TA in march and prices for the same cabin are now up 550.00pp. I think they have no problem filling the big ships. happy cruising

The best price always seems to be on the itinerary release date or the C&A member presale of that date. Just upwards after that unless you wait until post-final payment date. Then some good deals can be found on unsold cabins as you approach the cruise date. But that is a risk to wait on popular itineraries.