Liqueur? How?

Iwilder

Yes, this is another alcohol question. I apologize in advance if it has been answered before. I fully understand HAL's alcohol rules and I don't want to break them. What I want is a bottle of Galliano in my room when I arrive. How in the world do I make this happen? I called ships services a week ago and they haven't gotten back to me. I have also sent them a message and gotten no response. Surely I'm not the only person in the world who has wanted to mix a drink that includes Galliano on a Holland America ship. Thanks in advance to anyone who can tell me how/what to do.

Did you call on a week day?

We have always been able to order an item that is not on HAL's site -- like Grey Goose -- through Ship Services. And it was done right at the time we called and we asked for them to send us an e-mail confirmation.

The only other suggestion I have is to wait until you get on the ship and ask a bar tender if you are able to buy a bottle of Galliano. It may not be for sale -- not everything you see on their shelves are available for passenger purchase. If they tell you that you can order a bottle -- it will have to be done through cabin service.

Did you call on a week day?

We have always been able to order an item that is not on HAL's site -- like Grey Goose -- through Ship Services. And it was done right at the time we called and we asked for them to send us an e-mail confirmation.

The only other suggestion I have is to wait until you get on the ship and ask a bar tender if you are able to buy a bottle of Galliano. It may not be for sale -- not everything you see on their shelves are available for passenger purchase. If they tell you that you can order a bottle -- it will have to be done through cabin service.

Thanks for your reply, it gives me hope. I thought I'd have to stay with their listed vodka and I prefer Grey Goose too. I am going to call again on Monday, request Grey Goose and ask about the Galliano again!

Happy day! Got the Grey Goose ordered, ships service said I'd have to order the Galliano when I got onboard...don't know why the difference, but I don't mind as it appears I'll be able to order it. Thanks everyone. BTW I have been on several cruises since 2008 but don't know how to get that 2008 cruise off.:)

Happy day! Got the Grey Goose ordered, ships service said I'd have to order the Galliano when I got onboard...don't know why the difference, but I don't mind as it appears I'll be able to order it. Thanks everyone. BTW I have been on several cruises since 2008 but don't know how to get that 2008 cruise off.:)

Congratulations. Maybe Galliano is too pointy to pre-order. ;) My guess is that it's not a high stock item like Grey Goose.

Pointy?

The normal 750 ml bottle of galliano is a very tall slim cylinder that would eat up precious storage space.

Nonetheless, there's nothing like a "Gold Cadillac" (blended galliano, creme de cacao, cream and ice) to knock your socks off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The normal 750 ml bottle of galliano is a very tall slim cylinder that would eat up precious storage space.

Nonetheless, there's nothing like a "Gold Cadillac" (blended galliano, creme de cacao, cream and ice) to knock your socks off.

Ah! Thanks for the explanation. :)

liqueurs_galliano_line-up.png