Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

Cool, I like the pic of the people posing.

I often take pics of people posing for other people.

They seemed to be having a great visit with a field trip from school . Many times I will take photos for other people also when I can figure out how their smart phones work . But their phones are usually smarter than I am . :confused:

Absolutely loving all the Chihuly pictures! One of my favorite artists!

They have a glass blowing demonstration on the Eclipse but I lack the patience to watch for very long . But I do like the results and the beauty of their work and appreciate their talent . :)

Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome . There is a lot more I would like to share but Photobucket has been having some issues since yesterday afternoon . As soon as they are up and running , we'll get to the Space Needle lunch and board the Eurodam for our cruise .

They have a glass blowing demonstration on the Eclipse but I lack the patience to watch for very long . But I do like the results and the beauty of their work and appreciate their talent . :)

I have seen the shows on the Solstice and marvel at the tradesman ship. Such talented artisans people

Thanks for your pics. Am reliving our 2012 Alaska cruise out of Seattle. My biggest regret from that trip was not visiting the chihuly glass exhibit. I did finally get to see some of his work in st. Petersburg florida last year where there is a small but mighty permanent display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The elevator ride up the Space Needle video clip :

In case you needed to wash up before lunch they had specialty soaps . For the record we needed a Grandma's Gold and a Sasquatch .

DSC00484_zpsdcgrxtz6.jpg

The menu at sky City

DSC00465_zpszxwvsjzh.jpg

After placing our order we began snapping away . DW Pat

1a5c6ac5-c742-471f-adab-8600d5275a89_zpsbmjegkrn.jpg

And a selfie

DSC00467-001_zpse5zi01f1.jpg

The view is outstanding

IMG_3819%20Stitch-001_zpshpyiqcpj.jpg

The city view shows the monorail line to the Space Needle and in the lower left our hotel with Whole Foods Market at the base of the hotel

IMG_3805_zpsxnftf9es.jpg

IMG_3806_zpsjbi3ebet.jpg

The Great Wheel and the stadiums

IMG_3834_zpsjm4inmuu.jpg

Pier 91 where we would board the Eurodam

IMG_3821_zpsjdvz81lk.jpg

As I was admiring these buildings our server told us that the green area was a P-Patch , a communal area where we people could garden .

IMG_3826_zpswwbcrtsq.jpg

The tables in Sky City rotate 360 degrees continuously within the fixed exterior . And here's the video clip :

A grandmother had brought her grandson to the restaurant for lunch and left a birthday card on the outside ledge for people to write in it as their tables past by . What a great idea !

DSC00475_zpseuuvgyg3.jpg

It was a bit cool and overcast on embarkation day and on our CC roll call there was word of a surprise ship inspection before we could board . This did in fact happen in Miami on our Eclipse cruise in March causing delayed boarding and symphony of growling tummies . We came prepared for an emergency this time !

DSC00553_zpsq5umn7to.jpg

We arrived a half hour ahead of boarding time and we were not alone .

DSC0056220Stitch-001_zps543e8mac.jpg

But we had booked a suite this time and they boarded us directly , non stop

DSC00564_zpskoyffkyz.jpg

We had booked an SC on the Upper Veranda but HAL moved to an SA on the Rotterdam deck next to the center elevators ( the dark area ) .

DSC00565_zpsuzn1yodq.jpg

We opened the door to the cabin at 11:45 and we felt like Dorthy after landing in Oz

DSC00570_zpsseqfrpz2.jpg

Honey , we're home ( for a week anyway ) .

DSC00572_zpsduzq4fpf.jpg

The city views and food looks wonderful and the birthday card for the boy is a great idea.

We did see another card as we were leaving so maybe it's old news out there , but it was new for us , and like the P-patch , good use of resources . :) :D

After dropping our carry on bags and armed with our handy dandy map we began our quest for exploration and nutrition .

DSC00628_zps9ndabyqf.jpg

Next stop was a quick look at the Neptune Lounge and to meet the concierge .

DSC00582_zpstjxp34qe.jpg

She told us that a sit down lunch was being served and so we headed down before things got too busy .

DSC00584_zpsdfxmmrb0.jpg

Real veal !

DSC00586_zpsv5wiuxem.jpg

And we didn't even have to clean our plate to get dessert ! We felt like grown ups !

DSC00589_zpssmoi0erb.jpg

DSC00587_zps54ip3iqa.jpg

Off to a yummy start !

Thanks for the review. I hope you get to Alaska before we do!

Lol , us too !

I was reminded by my mom this week about something that she taught me 50 years ago when she was teaching me to drive . She said " Joe , never drive faster than you can think " . It has kept me well .