Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a cruiser doing? :p

Not the worst thing I've seen, just something funny.

DH and I were at the bar drinking some soda (we aren't big alcohol drinkers) and this girl comes up dripping wet from the pool and asks why we got Coca Cola instead of alcohol. We told her we weren't big drinkers. Her response? "Ohhhh. You must smoke a LOT of weed then."

We just laughed and said "nope. not really into weed either."

About 10 years ago we were on a P&O ship with my wifes parents.

In the buffet there was a fridge with cakes in that you literally had to really stretch down to get the cakes.

This lady came and she was probably around 4 feet 10 inches and whe she bent in she fell into the fridge onto all the cakes with her feet sticking up into the air.

Her husband had to pull her out and the waiters replaced the cakes.

It looked like something out of candid camera it was so funny.

A passenger with a infectious cough getting into a crowded elevator without wearing a face mask and then coughing their fool head off without covering their mouths.

BobR

Bob, maybe it was a dry throat or a passing tickly cough from air con?? I must say I suffer from coughs when I travel but it seems extreme to me to demand a face mask I'd be far more fearful of the buffet manhandlers

Bob, maybe it was a dry throat or a passing tickly cough from air con?? I must say I suffer from coughs when I travel but it seems extreme to me to demand a face mask �� I'd be far more fearful of the buffet manhandlers ����

Regardless of the cause of the cough, people should still cover their mouth when they cough. That is just common courtesy.

Tom

I would hope when I'm having an asthmatic episode No one would be that rude to me. I've had a woman at the local library get up quickly tell me I'm disgusting and i should go to the doctors! I had already been to one and was on my 8th day of steroids....AND i was coughing into my elbow! When i said i wasn't sick she mumbled she knew I was contagious and stommped out!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Probably the "old boy" on the Balmoral a couple of weeks ago who peeled the cheese stuck to the serving tongs off with his fingers, ate it and put the tongs back on the servery.

And yes we always see appalling behaviour over the lifts when we sail on Balmoral because there are only four for the whole ship and a lot of the over eighties think they have a God given right to be first for everything!

Probably the "old boy" on the Balmoral a couple of weeks ago who peeled the cheese stuck to the serving tongs off with his fingers, ate it and put the tongs back on the servery.

And yes we always see appalling behaviour over the lifts when we sail on Balmoral because there are only four for the whole ship and a lot of the over eighties think they have a God given right to be first for everything!

That is probably the average age on that shop.

How about that "charming" urchin standing by the cinnamon rolls, licking the icing off of each, then putting them back! Proud parents proclaimed, "Isn't he cute???" :)

He probably learned it off his antisocial idiots of parents.

On several cruises we have seen "service dogs" that help their owners in different medical ways. I think there is a place where they can "toilet". They are permitted everywhere their owner goes, for those that need them they are a very important part of their lives.

There is a world of difference between "service animal" and "emotional support animal." The former is protected under the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act, and the latter is not. Unfortunately in today's climate no one wants to be the one to pose the question. The description of a true "service animal" is very narrow, and "emotional support" is not within the limit of the ADA. However, even a small dog may be trained as a "service animal" for the reasons pointed out by another poster.

Another "crazy cruiser" story, thought it isn't as bad as some.

We had a lady come into the elevator carrying several plates of food (assumedly she was having a party in her room). No big deal..... the strange part was that this amply endowed lady had decided to use her breasts as a cup holder with cookies stacked on top of her boobs. Maybe she was a fan of milk and cookies?

(that last was bad, I know, but I smiled)

We had a lady come into the elevator carrying several plates of food (assumedly she was having a party in her room). No big deal..... the strange part was that this amply endowed lady had decided to use her breasts as a cup holder with cookies stacked on top of her boobs. Maybe she was a fan of milk and cookies?

Another definition of a Boob Job lol.

LOL, I love all your posts but the think that the thing that really upset me on a cruise on the Ocean Village 1 in the Caribbean many years ago was the one where a woman on a shady sunbed saw that one in the full sun came available and, it really hurts me to say this, actually ripped her book in half and threw it onto the sunny bed to reserve it.

Suggestion for everyone:

When you pick up a salt or pepper shaker, check the lid first. I ended up with a neat pyramid of salt on my eggs on a cruise. I wouldn't necessarily blame this on a juvenile person, but it was a juvenile act.

How about the passengers who walk around the ship in their bathrobes?? I guess it is better than the ones who come to the buffet in their bathing suits with their bottoms sticking out:o

On my first cruise, on elegant night, I was in the bathrobe, hair and makeup done, and needed to iron hubby's shirt. I went, in the bathrobe, down to the laundry room to iron it. Got several "looks". Realized it was tacky and never made that mistake again.

How about that "charming" urchin standing by the cinnamon rolls, licking the icing off of each, then putting them back! Proud parents proclaimed, "Isn't he cute???" :)

It takes a lot for me to say something - but that would have been my time. And those pathetic "parents" would have gotten an earful.

Suggestion for everyone:

When you pick up a salt or pepper shaker, check the lid first. I ended up with a neat pyramid of salt on my eggs on a cruise. I wouldn't necessarily blame this on a juvenile person, but it was a juvenile act.[/quot

Ditto, for the Hot pepper bottle. :( Some moron had pried the little plastic spout thing (that has the hole in it) out of the neck, went to get a splash out on my fries ( I know, I know, it sounds GROSS) and got a plate FULL. Just got up, got another plate of food AND bottle of the same hot sauce and this time I actually looked at the bottle, just to make sure it had the correct spout. Never had it ever occurred to me someone might think it was funny to do that. But ya never know about some people's idea of humor.:rolleyes:

Mac

There is a world of difference between "service animal" and "emotional support animal." The former is protected under the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act, and the latter is not. Unfortunately in today's climate no one wants to be the one to pose the question. The description of a true "service animal" is very narrow, and "emotional support" is not within the limit of the ADA. However, even a small dog may be trained as a "service animal" for the reasons pointed out by another poster.

I just had a great idea that would probably work for dogs, at least! They should subject them to a "cat scan". In other words, parade a cat in front of them. A true service animal would ignore the cat, an untrained "emotional support" animal probably wouldn't. Then all the cruise line representatives would need to say is "sorry, your animal has not had adequate training, embarkation denied"! :D

I was just asking my DH the other day if we can get the e-bay package and take our " support dogs" one is lab/pit mix and one is shepherd/pit. Lol i could just see it now the lab would be "supporting" me in the pool , the shepherd would chase anything that resembled a ball[emoji32]

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

I pray this is a joke!!! :eek:

Damn, wish I could do that. ;p