Seattle

Agree, the West Coast Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

is the best place for your research, as that covers Seattle. If you look over there the first thing you will learn is there is no hotel in the immediate area of the port. And secondly, you will need to define "inexpensive" as we don't know what that means to you, and what you define it as may not be realistic in Seattle, where things are pretty crowded and expensive in summer.

Yes, West Coast Departures. But... inexpensive and Seattle are like oil and water. Usually the recommendation for cost cutting is to stay near the airport and taxi/uber to the port on cruise day. Hotel costs are relatively less there compared to downtown. Some who want to do some touristing stay near airport and take the Link lightrail to/from downtown during the day. But Link is not very practical for getting to port with luggage.

We liked the Holiday Inn Express Seattle Center but it is a bit outside the downtown core and not real convenient to get around - walk to Seattle Center (where Space Needle is) then Monorail to Westlake Center (mall) downtown. One benefit for HI-Ex is they can arrange shuttle to pier 91 for about $8 pp.

Seattle and Vancouver prices are horrible in cruise season. We are booked at Pan Pacific in Vancouver a night before our late September departure- $625 for the night

Have you checked the Pan Pacific recently? We were able to get a $200 rate (US) just last week for 9-29.

Have you checked the Pan Pacific recently? We were able to get a $200 rate (US) just last week for 9-29.

Actually was a typo- 2 weeks ago I saw it had gone down to $525 so I called and they changed our rate. Today it is back up to $722. Our departure is on 9/25 and is a 3 ship day. Hotels are packed on 9/24. I see their lowest rate now is $595 for the night. We are on the Club Floor so rate is higher

Edited by frankc98376

I live about five miles north of pier 91 (where all of the HAL ships dock). There are quite a few relatively inexpensive motels in my area, and Uber is wildly popular, in addition to pretty good bus service.

If you are willing to stay a couple miles from downtown, prices for lodging are significantly lower.

1.9 miles from Homewood Suites to Pier 91 terminal building. Mostly along Elliot Ave. Might be a little confusing under the Magnolia bridge but others have reported it walkable. Lugging luggage though....? Definitely a short haul cab ride (5 min about right).

We stayed at the Quality Inn that is about 3 blocks from the Space Needle. Room was OK - nice breakfast area and close to all the events near the Space Needle and to the train into center city. Also had a shuttle to the port that was not too expensive. If we sail out of Seattle again we will be staying there again.

Another vote for either Homewood Suites or another mentioned and very close is Mediterranean Inn. Lower Queen Anne, also just a short walk from HAL's old AND new HQ's... Lots of dining and bars right along Mercer... I think prices are typically $100-150ish/night