Atlantis/Freedom of the Seas

CRSNDC

Hey fellow Atlantis Alumni,

Did you get the 2006 sales e-mail today? Based on the teaser for 2007 it appears Rich really has chartered the Freedom. That is gonna be crazy fun!! Sign me up. :D

-Chris in DC

The cruise will be in January some time. I had spoken with the Royal caribbean rep who handles charters...she was on the Mexico cruise. It was then that she confirmed the charter was a done deal.....the first charter of the Freedom. I did not get the sailing date , but Rich Cambell told me it was in January 2007. I have a feeling they will open the books while on there Jan cruise....which means the sales will go quick. I am going to contact them starting next week to get a hold on a cabin if possible. If I have any luck I will advise. I am going to hope this is possible since I am all paid up on the Rio trip for this feb......as an alumni maybe it will at least help to get on a wait list.

No Sir.....I am on the Atlantis cruise Buenos Aires to Rio. My next RSVP cruise is in October on Princess. I am not big on the Mexico itinerary...but I want to experience the Diamond, and the fact that it is a first time for a gay charter on Princess. I really enjoyed last Feb with RSVP, but I must admit I did not care for the HAL ship they used. I really prefer the Veendam class much more. But the Radiance class that Atlantis just used was far superior than the HAL ships. I am hoping that RSVP will choose to charter the new Crown Princess for a 9 day cruise out of New York...I would go for that!

These gay cruises are so much fun, that it will make it very difficult for me to go back to a straight cruise.

The Freedom of the Seas is way too big a ship for me, but the only way I would skip it is if there is either something more interesting Atlantis or RSVP schedules for Feb or March. I keep hoping that someone will do a cruise around New Zealand........I want to go there for the extreme sports...bungie jumping, cave rafting etc.

Now all I have to do is pay for all these cruises.......to think I sail a week from this monday .......Radisson Voyager out of Ft lauderdale. This should be a fun trip as there will be at least 8 FOD on board that I know of..........dinners should be fun.

All the best for the holiday season. If you are like me, embrace those that mean something...in my case it is my chosen family of friends, my extended adopted family if you will.

Post Thanksgiving stuffed Tom

Hey Tom,

Glad to hear you had a good holiday and I wish you a great time on the Voyager. It was a good Thanksgiving for me as well.

To further this thread along... based on info from the Royal Caribbean site, CruiseCal dot com, and other boards, it appear Atlantis has chartered Freedom the week of January 28, 2007. This week is when they've used the Navigator.

Looking ahead to '07, the RC site shows the Navigator as available for booking that week but the Freedom not. And CruiseCal shows the Navigator doing it's regular run that week and the Freedom off the calendar...which for that site equals chartered.

The Freedom's regular run is gonna be W. Carib. and Labadee. Who knows what Rich will line up though.

-Chris in DC

Thanks for responding,Whalebone. I've been thinking about taking the RSVP/Diamond Princess cruise but I'm going to wait and see what RSVP is going to offer for sailings taking place in 2007. That info should be released in

early 2006.

I concur with you about the size of The Freedom being too big and yet I'm also intrigued by it's size, more people means more opportunities to make new friends.

I've seen both the commercial and the website video showing the guy surfing while on the ship. That's something I'd like to do but I was wondering,what happens if you fall? Since your not on the ocean,can't you really hurt yourself?

I've seen both the commercial and the website video showing the guy surfing while on the ship. That's something I'd like to do but I was wondering,what happens if you fall? Since your not on the ocean,can't you really hurt yourself?

From what I've heard, the base of the Wave rider, is really thick foam type material. so when you "wipe out" you actually bounce instead of crashing on a hard floor!

I'm curious as to what the itinerary will be on this Freedom cruise. Currently FOTS stops at Cozumel, Labadee, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica.

Jamaica is definitely out of the question due to their anti-gay stance, and Grand Cayman may be dropped for the same reason (as it was cut from the 2006 Navigator itinerary - not sure if it was for that reason though). So that just leaves Labadee and Cozumel.

Seeing as these Atlantis Caribbean cruises only seem to be doing 3 ports of call they'll need to add one more port. But they don't really have too many choices for Western Caribbean. It will either be Belize City (which would make it the same itinerary as the upcoming Navigator cruise) or Costa Maya.

I'm hoping Grand Cayman can somehow wind up on the itinerary but wouldn't mind Belize either since I won't be on the 2006 Navigator cruise.

Archived