Can I Use placeholder deposit if booking through Expedia?

lec2017

Quick question. I'm looking to book my next Disney cruise through Expedia or Travelocity but was wondering if I would be able to use my placeholder deposit and discount if I don't book through Disney directly?

You can definitely use it when going thru a travel agent...but I've never booked a DCL cruise thru Expedia or Travelocity.

My question would be why you would use these companies. DCL does not allow them to reduce the price, so you get no discount benefit. Some other agencies offer nice perks like an onboard credit, gift card to their store, etc. as a thank you for booking with them. Some agencies offer super service with experienced people who have cruised DCL and know what they are doing. I've never experienced those benefits thru companies like Expedia or Orbitz...maybe I just had the wrong person. Also, before booking with anyone, be sure that there is no cancelation or change fee charged!

Ebates is offering 15% cashback on cruises through Travelocity and Priceline. (Sorry I didn't mean Expedia)

I already have the placeholder though so I just wanted to see if it could possibly still be used.

As far as DCL is concerned, you can use it when booking thru any agency. So the only issue would be whether Travelocity or Priceline will accept it. The problem is that they get a reduced commission with bookings made on board even if the agent is named at the time vs. a "new" booking. I'm not sure how the placeholders work in that system.

We have booked 2 cruises so far through ebates - one with Priceline and one with Travelocity - with no problems so far. One was Royal and one was MSC. On the one for MSC, we found out after booking that we qualified for an additional 5 and 10% off that MSC offers to past cruisers and first responders. Travelocity called them and MSC adjusted the pricing on the reservations. Perhaps DCL can do the same and apply the on board booking to the reservation after booking?

We have booked 2 cruises so far through ebates - one with Priceline and one with Travelocity - with no problems so far. One was Royal and one was MSC. On the one for MSC, we found out after booking that we qualified for an additional 5 and 10% off that MSC offers to past cruisers and first responders. Travelocity called them and MSC adjusted the pricing on the reservations. Perhaps DCL can do the same and apply the on board booking to the reservation after booking?

Good to know! We may just book either way and if they can't apply the discount well use it next time!

I'm not sure about the placeholder. But, I've used Expedia for DCL only when they offer OBC. They don't discount the price of the cruise itself , but they do offer OBC every so often. Once you're on the boat and have put a down payment on a future cruise, you have 30 days to add a travel agent, which is what these websites are considered. I do caution you though, if you decide to add them at a later date you will no longer be allowed to call Disney directly for any questions or modifications to your reservations. They make you call Expedia and go through them. Frankly it can be a pain in the butt if you just have a simple question. But if the OBC is significant enough, it can be worth it. I've had as much as 200$ added to my account based on how much the cruise is priced at.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums