Getting off Epic

jtdlmc

Ok, I'll try to word this differently since nobody had an answer for my similar question :confused: First time on NCL. Epic. Port Canaveral. I assume NCL delivers luggage tags on the last day of the cruise with your debarking group number like all other cruise lines. Anyone know on average/approximately what time the last group gets called to get off? Or.....what is the latest time you have got off the ship and through customs? We have a late afternoon flight out of MCO so trying to figure out best time to have shuttle pick us up - hopefully after the crowd has dispersed.

Ok, I'll try to word this differently since nobody had an answer for my similar question :confused: First time on NCL. Epic. Port Canaveral. I assume NCL delivers luggage tags on the last day of the cruise with your debarking group number like all other cruise lines. Anyone know on average/approximately what time the last group gets called to get off? Or.....what is the latest time you have got off the ship and through customs? We have a late afternoon flight out of MCO so trying to figure out best time to have shuttle pick us up - hopefully after the crowd has dispersed.

No you go get your own ..at pursers deck ....you will be told colours and times ..you pick

It was a bit of a zoo last Nov ..so plan early if you have to get somewhere ...there never seem to be enough customs agents ..so be prepared for long lines .....it takes a while

I always find that after about 9.30 it really is time to get off the ship, even if we aren't in a rush.

By that time you are generally just loitering in a public area somewhere. If you get to 10am you have done well.

I have never sailed to Port Canaveral, so can't give any specifics, and don't know how long customs will take. I know that it can be slow in the US sometimes, so perhaps it will take longer to clear the ship.

NCL don't specify the luggage tags you get. You pick the ones you want. Having said that, if you have an early time then there doesn't seem to be anything to stop you leaving later.

No you go get your own ..at pursers deck ....you will be told colours and times ..you pick

It was a bit of a zoo last Nov ..so plan early if you have to get somewhere ...there never seem to be enough customs agents ..so be prepared for long lines .....it takes a while

I always find that after about 9.30 it really is time to get off the ship, even if we aren't in a rush.

By that time you are generally just loitering in a public area somewhere. If you get to 10am you have done well.

I have never sailed to Port Canaveral, so can't give any specifics, and don't know how long customs will take. I know that it can be slow in the US sometimes, so perhaps it will take longer to clear the ship.

NCL don't specify the luggage tags you get. You pick the ones you want. Having said that, if you have an early time then there doesn't seem to be anything to stop you leaving later.

We sailed from Port Canaveral on Royal Caribbean last year and stood in line at customs for well over an hour and we were one of the earlier groups to debark. In Miami we took our time getting off and breezed through customs with no lines. It sounds like 9:30 would be a good time to have our shuttle pick us up then and hopefully the crowds have dispersed. Thanks for the info :)

Ok, I'll try to word this differently since nobody had an answer for my similar question :confused: First time on NCL. Epic. Port Canaveral. I assume NCL delivers luggage tags on the last day of the cruise with your debarking group number like all other cruise lines.

On the second to last day, the literature shelf at Guest Services will have luggage tags with a sign telling you the approximate time for each color. It's freestyle cruising, you pick the time. The ships usually disembark faster than the posted time (e.g., a 9:00 tag may get called at 8:30). You can also do self-walk off where you handcarry all of your luggage off yourself (discouraged). We sailed out of PC last year and had no problems getting off the ship or through customs.

Remember: Epic is a megaship with 4000+ passengers. Plan accordingly,,, the elevators will be full,,, the gangway will be full. Last call for disembarkation is around 10:00. They start embarking the next cruise around 11:00.

I don't see any reason to discourage this. It's a very good option for many, and we have used it often.

Self-disembarkation is my preferred way of leaving the ship. I can easily manage my luggage, on the stairs or the lift. I like the freedom it gives me to leave when (or almost) I want.

... ..so plan early if you have to get somewhere ...there never seem to be enough customs agents ..so be prepared for long lines .....it takes a while

The OP was specifically asking to get off as LATE as possible.

NCL don't specify the luggage tags you get. You pick the ones you want..

Do i also have the choice if i booked flight and airport transfer via NCL directly? Or will they tell me the time when my transfer bus is leaving and i have to get the correct baggae tag then? Or will they deliver the correct baggae tag to my cabin automatically ?

Do i also have the choice if i booked flight and airport transfer via NCL directly? Or will they tell me the time when my transfer bus is leaving and i have to get the correct baggae tag then? Or will they deliver the correct baggae tag to my cabin automatically ?

I don't know from experience, as we book our own flights etc. However, some labels are described as being for people with NCL transfers based on flight times, so I assume they allocate them to you.

Whether that means they are delivered to your room or not, I can't say.