Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

I started getting new site on Chrome this weekend. Definitely bugs and changes, but it is a nice looking site. I was able to check in for our next cruise and also able to upgrade to premium beverage using OBC. Have had problems pricing the same cruise and others. This seems to be just bugs that could have been worked out with an extensive Beta. I would imagine it will now be done through trial and error.

I do disagree that Princess has a better site. I was recently looking at cruises there and felt it was archaic and not very intuitive.

I tried to look at my reservation for next March. It was hit or miss. I think it would be okay if it worked[emoji35]. Beyond annoyed. What happens if you can't get on to get your XPress Pass and edocs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I find the new website next to impossible to search---have been trying to set parameters to see if there was a cruise in late 2018 for us---limited ports to FLL and MIA and got cruises leaving from Cape Liberty NJ and Australia too. Also can't get the itinerary to progress past the first 4 days or so when I do chose a cruise to explore. Also--who needs a picture of a turtle for a caribbean cruise, please give me the map on the first screen.

I like to do my own looking and this is next to impossible now. Celebrity are you listening?

What do you do when you want to check in. I have Explorer as a browser. Also, I tried to find my cabin, so I found the deck plans and the diagram showed the deck but no cabin numbers[emoji35]. Again, this beyond frustrating. I guess I will show up at the port and hold up the line while I fill out the paperwork[emoji13]. This is shameful for a company this large and "requires" you to use their website. Sorry for the rant[emoji26], and it may not be over[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We suspect that among the many "cut backs" under "Lisa's reign was cutting back on the skill (and pay) of Celebrity's web site designer :(.

I saw the press release and they used an outside vendor, Accenture. They are a Fortune 500 company and a major digital services company with 33 billion in annual sales. They paid plenty for the mess they have on their hands.

It is very pretty, and very modern, including the modern UI that features "directed activity" to prevent you from doing more than one thing at a time. I hate the new UI designs and those of us in customer facing positions fight UI designers all the time about these things. The goal is to drive revenue, and NOT drive customers away.

I suspect they are having some very terse conversations right now with Accenture.

Wow I went on the new site and gave up. Couldnt backtrack after going into inside room trying to go balcony and couldnt. Clicked onto proceed and didnt proceed to anything. Celebrity again has succeeded to screw up,using their website.. un real. I have to go to other online brokers sites tomfind caelebrity cruises..

Has anyone tried doing on-line check-in for an upcoming cruise? I'm kicking myself that I didn't do it last week when the docs first became available, I'm petrified of the new website - SOOO user unfriendly.

We tried-but it made mistakes and my DH had to call. Call directly. Perhaps when celebrity becomes inundated with calls and complaints about the site-they will go back to the drawing board. We also unsuccessfully tried using our onboard credit to pay for dining- which is allowed, but the site kept asking for credit card information-bad disconnect. Again, had to call.

I saw the press release and they used an outside vendor, Accenture. .

Enough said. Had enough interaction with them in my prior life to know you get what you pay for though a lot is lost in the interpretation.

And yes, the site is one of the worst I've used in a long time.

I couldn't do anything I needed to do on the new website. I wanted to upgrade my kids drink packages and select traditional dining. Had to call. They will probably get it together when revenue drops.

I tried to book 10 nights speciality dining using my OBC which I believe is a new thing for Celebrity. I made the first night reservation as requested, then when the total amount payable comes up you can apply your onboard credit by clicking the button, but guess what - it doesn't apply the credit. I carried on with the booking and card details hoping it would eventually be taken off before I paid but no way was it going to work. Gave up in the end and had to call them. The new younger generation cruisers that Celebrity is trying to attract are definitely not going to be impressed !

Okay, I've finally figured out (through dumb luck) how to use the OBC. There's a little slider beneath the OBC toggle (to the left of the "Apply" button itself). It's difficult to tell that it's a slider as it is just a little oval with a thin line to the right of it. You have to move the slider along the line to indicate how much OBC you want to use toward the cost and then you can click the "Apply" button.

We have back to back Reflection cruises in November. Today I went to the new web site and could not even pull up one of the reservations. We are no longer even sure if we have completed the pre-cruise online forms..and cannot confirm or deny with the current web site. Guess we will sit back for a few months and see if Celebrity can make their site function.

Hank

Has anyone tried doing on-line check-in for an upcoming cruise? I'm kicking myself that I didn't do it last week when the docs first became available, I'm petrified of the new website - SOOO user unfriendly.

We were successful yesterday in doing online check in on the new website for our upcoming cruise in June. No problems.

This is totally unacceptable and frustrating!!

Hope Celebrity is watching this post because we are on the verge of cancelling our 27nt b2b from Rome in October.

I understand your frustration, but not sure why you would cancel your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been dealing with their horrible website eating my cruises for 6 months as you can see from this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2436675

After not hearing anything for the past 2 months, I decided to call again today, and for the first time, someone suggested resetting my account with a new Username, etc. We'll see how that goes...

Yikes....who designed this new website!!!!! and who approved it. Did they even troubleshoot for ease of use.

It's horrible.

They had better redesign it, they are going to lose a lot of business.

As it is, I've switched over to Oceania....Celebrity you are striking out your repeat cruisers.

I have been dealing with their horrible website eating my cruises for 6 months as you can see from this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2436675

After not hearing anything for the past 2 months, I decided to call again today, and for the first time, someone suggested resetting my account with a new Username, etc. We'll see how that goes...

And the Captains Club representative who helped me, TOM, got me to the point that at least my cruises are now visible. He is 1000% more understanding of what customer service reps should be providing than any of the others I have spoken to in the past 6 months. His explanation of how to manage my reservations until their new website is 100% functional, was totally reasonable to me after not even seeing mine for a long time. All he did was created a new username for me and reset everything, and I'm now partially good to go.

Okay, I've finally figured out (through dumb luck) how to use the OBC. There's a little slider beneath the OBC toggle (to the left of the "Apply" button itself). It's difficult to tell that it's a slider as it is just a little oval with a thin line to the right of it. You have to move the slider along the line to indicate how much OBC you want to use toward the cost and then you can click the "Apply" button.

I found that and tried it several times but it still wouldn't apply the OBC !