Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

Shore excursions-impossible to figure them out. Used to be a pull down for each port in alpha order. I pull Down Europe and there is no order. All over the place. Any ideas??

Same for the Caribbean,,,,,you have to scrolll through dozens of them...ports not in alpha order and not all ports included.

I do not want to see them in manage my res.We are not oening it til the madness ends. Just want to browse gen excursions for Barbados and St Maarten...is that too much to ask?

I can use the handy form with the drop downs on the home page to see cruises. Just did a search for all of 2018, for Panama Canal, from any departure port. It gave me 6 itineraries. The number of cruises match what I see on a major on-line booking site. The both could be wrong if the major problem is the backend of the site rather than the web pages themselves. But I think it actually works pretty well for browsing.

I am interested in browsing excursions not cruises....we already have 3 cruises booked on X...not looking for anymore at this time,

Few things rattle me, but the inexcusably pathetic online "tool" Celebrity provides is ridiculous. I can't effectively access my account, my reservations, or plan shore excursions. They should be embarrassed by their online presence-nothing modern or luxurious about it. I sure hope they don't pay their technology department standard wages-they don't earn it.

I don't think that there are any cruise company WEB sites that are any good. The best ones are bad and they go downhill from there to totally unusable.

DON

I am interested in browsing excursions not cruises....we already have 3 cruises booked on X...not looking for anymore at this time,

I only have one cruise booked, but I can get to excursions sorted by port. Here's a video of how I do it:

Is it just me or is the new site UNBELIEVEABLY tedious when doing anything?:mad: Things like searching a cruise takes many more clicks and lag time with slow loading pages. The new site doesn't state when on-line check in opens, when balance is due, or # of days to sailing, or when viewing an itinerary what time the ship will be in/leave each port (or at least not that I've yet found) like the old site did. It takes multiple clicks (check in, then click my account, then click reservations) to do what the old site did with just a log-in. I'm baffled why they think that this is an improvement. I've been watching a cruise that doesn't even load on the new site. If I didn't know it existed, I'd never have found it. I'm so fed up I have stopped searching X cruises for bookings. I do still have access to the old site, but that will probably disappear by the end of May (at least that is what X is saying is the target) when the new site is totally "operational." The old site was problem ridden at times, but I was always able to eventually accomplish everything I needed and the problems it had were forgiven because we love the actual cruising experience. This new site makes us not want to even search for new bookings because it's such a tedious process. I'm finished ranting, sorry, just REALLY FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!:eek::mad:

Celebrity monitors these forums...but have yet to reply to any complaints ABOUT THE NEW WEB site......WHY !

I tried to call X corporate and could get a customer service person in Kansas who basically did not want to hear about and complaints. Instead said "I will walk you thru the system". I asked what was the target gate to have the system running. Response We don't give that info. Talked about the cutbacks and the response was we added many features. Only example was "gourmet hamburgers". It appears that X is totally out of touch and does not want feedback. So why ask for your opinion. The queen and staff do not care what you think. If x cared some type of answer would be given in response to the new website. In the meantime suffer.

I tried to call X corporate and could get a customer service person in Kansas who basically did not want to hear about and complaints. Instead said "I will walk you thru the system". I asked what was the target gate to have the system running. Response We don't give that info. Talked about the cutbacks and the response was we added many features. Only example was "gourmet hamburgers". It appears that X is totally out of touch and does not want feedback. So why ask for your opinion. The queen and staff do not care what you think. If x cared some type of answer would be given in response to the new website. In the meantime suffer.

I was inspired after reading your post to do a search for the telephone number of Celebrity's CEO, found it and called. I spoke with her assistant at length and stated my frustration with the new site. The woman I spoke with is having someone from the website development team (manager) call me back this afternoon to walk me through its operation. I explained that while that would help me, most customers wouldn't call her office, and would go elsewhere to plan their vacations. I referred them to CC threads about the issues on the new site. I also said that I am more tech savvy than most, and can find my way around a website, and that I understand that a new site always takes some getting used to, but it should not take three steps to accomplish what used to be done in 1. It should make things more streamlined. I also expressed that the new site looks beautiful, but is lacking the functionality that the average customer needs. We are not logging on to simply look at lovely pictures, but to accomplish basic tasks quickly and efficiently. Stay tuned...

I spent way too much time trying to find the "official" answer to what they recommend for booking flights at disembarkation - we disembark at 8 am, is it 11am or noon, etc. I know my risk, but want to know their recommendations. Customer Service seems to guess so I wanted it in writing.... ugh, can't find it ANYWHERE on their "website".

I only have one cruise booked, but I can get to excursions sorted by port. Here's a video of how I do it:

Right but u have to log in to your res,..i just want to browse ports

Thanks for the video (and for the EIC video also;p). I did figure out how to do all that, but have you found the times that the ship is due to arrive and depart from a port? That was always on the old site, but if it's on the new one, I haven't found it yet. That would be helpful to know when scheduling excursions, especially for those who would like to explore on their own or set up private tours.

I will be very interested to hear what the powers that be have to say.

In the meantime, in the interest in "fair and balanced" reporting, I was a little freaked by having to check-in online with the new website...but it went off without a hitch. However, I could not find the usual link for ordering luggage tags, so I called the Captain's Club, and they said that aspect of the new website was not yet functional, and they ordered them for me.

To the person who asked about seeing the times the itinerary was in port...I did see that...it is not in the usual list format, but rather scrolls across the page of the itinerary of your cruise...not as noticeable, but it is there.

I have not tried to search for a "new" cruise since we are not interested in booking one right now.

I have looked at shore excursions for the cruise we have upcoming, since there was a change in times on one of our excursions that we were not happy with, and found this aspect of the website to be difficult...after reading about an excursion, I simply wanted to get back to the list of excursions for THAT PORT to read about another - but could not...each time it brought me back to square one and the whole list of ports, which was really annoying.

So, some good, some bad.

What a mess! As we get closer to our next cruise, I am dreading taking care of precruise business. This kind of poor customer service will cause me to look at our second favorite line.

OMG what a gong show. Just attempted to look at it for the first time. Can't log in, can't search. It's useless. This was in my work laptop (new) will try it at home. Seems ok on my phone but for how long?

Home on windows 10 I get the old version. Which works fine. What a mess.

Thanks for the video (and for the EIC video also;p). I did figure out how to do all that, but have you found the times that the ship is due to arrive and depart from a port? That was always on the old site, but if it's on the new one, I haven't found it yet. That would be helpful to know when scheduling excursions, especially for those who would like to explore on their own or set up private tours.

I did find it. You have to click the "Calendar" link at the top when in Cruise Planner, then "Full Calendar": 2017-05-24_2043

Then the days with arrival and departure time are given. I don't have any excursions or reservations booked, but it looks like they would be listed on that page as a full calendar of your cruise. That's actually a nice feature: 2017-05-24_2044

Someone mentioned they couldn't see how many days until their sailing, but it is at the top of the page when you load your reservation by clicking the "Manage Reservation" link: 2017-05-24_2042

They really have a mess on their hands, but I'm sure they will get them worked out. Eventually. In the meantime if you can't find what you need, give them a call. The call center people are pretty good at answering specific questions within their scope.

But do you expect the $10 an hour call center reps to have the kind of information that the executive team doesn't have? The web guys don't even know when they will have everything fixed because there are too many variables involved. It could be a day, or a week. Or a fix today will break two things tomorrow. And you can't just throw resources at it because of Brooke's Law (adding coders to a late software project will make it later).

The phone reps have training to handle routine things, and "eat complaints" so the majority of consumers feel good about expressing their concerns. They may even log the complaints. But then the number of complaints are rolled up into stats that management looks at. 20 complaints about the website are balanced against those that compliment them on the new look and better mobile responsiveness. We all hate it, but most people are not having to actually accomplish something with it.

I would recommend finding an email address and sending an email to someone at the top will get more attention. I know they don't actually read all their email, but management usually listens to the executive assistants, even when they don't listen to the call center agents.

While I was making a reservation today, the website showed the perks currently being offered, but they are not showing up anywhere that I can see now that I have booked and paid the deposit. I have another cruise reservation that was booked on the old website and it showed the perks, but they are also missing from the new website (I cannot locate them). Anyone know where to look?

Easy to find on a number of Travel Agent's web sites.

Just go to one of them and look up your cruise. The details on the TA's site should include arrival and departure times.

If you call 800-722-5941 you can request a PDF of all excursions for the ports on your particular cruise reservation. I got it by the next day emailed to me. We used to be able to use a link on the old website and do this ourselves.

If you call 800-722-5941 you can request a PDF of all excursions for the ports on your particular cruise reservation. I got it by the next day emailed to me. We used to be able to use a link on the old website and do this ourselves.

Thanks for this. I was just emailed the excursion brochure, however I am unable to open it. Don't want to print the whole thing out. Any ideas??

I called Celebrity to ask about the perks on my booking (not listed anywhere on the new website). I was emailed a copy of the Booking Confirmation, Guest Copy. It is very detailed with itinerary, cancellation dates, promos, etc. (except it does not list the perks out with the values as could be seen on the old website reservation status page). Not a big deal, I guess. I was told that the new website would be fully functional by next week...