Embarking QM2 Southampton

dx052

Boarding now has a stricter procedure than a few years ago. The Grills board first, followed by Diamond and Platinum members of the World Club. If you arrive before

your"slot" you will be given a numbered card. If boarding is slack, they start calling for persons with these cards. You might be wise, if possible, to delay your arrival until 1.30 pm (ish) and the peak boarding time has passed, then you should be able to board immediately.

My parents are platinum and we are only gold but all arriving together. On separate bookons as thry are doing back to back TA whereas we are getting off in NY. Can we check in together (my mum will have wheelchair assistance).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Southampton is usually very kind about letting groups traveling together check in at the priority line. When our friends were gold and we were platinum or diamond, we asked if they could come with us, and the woman said "Of course you may!" and sounded surprised that we might think otherwise. I think 3 times in Southampton they were able to come with us--and then they were Platinum!

The only thing I'm not sure of is the wheelchair assistance. They might not allow you to go with your parents if there are crowding issues in the waiting area.

Southampton is usually very kind about letting groups traveling together check in at the priority line. When our friends were gold and we were platinum or diamond, we asked if they could come with us, and the woman said "Of course you may!" and sounded surprised that we might think otherwise. I think 3 times in Southampton they were able to come with us--and then they were Platinum!

The only thing I'm not sure of is the wheelchair assistance. They might not allow you to go with your parents if there are crowding issues in the waiting area.

Thanks for the reply. We all checked in together at Red Hook in Dec 2015 (we were silver, parents gold, but we had a late check in time (3.30 I think) and hadn't rushed to get there early as our son wanted lunch at his favourite Chinese in New York. We might be travelling separately in which case it won't be a problem but equally we might be travelling all mixed up with the boys travelling (with all the luggage for 6 of us) and the girls travelling by train (we are doing one way so can't leave our car at Southampton as we fly back to Manchester) whereas my parents are doing back to back. Am sure it will work out. Just need to link our bookings for dinner table.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app