? asiarooms.com

smj

We just used them in October to book in 3 places-Beijing, Schenzhen, and Chengdu. Their prices were the best we could find anyplace. However, all three bookings were handled differently. Beijing Hotel-this was a three night package-food, airport pickup, and room. Had to be paid in full, via fax with credit card information two months pre departure. Schenzhen (Nan Hai hotel-great view of Hong Kong Harbor, 1/2 the price of Hong Kong) was done with a faxed authorization form with credit card information used for a guarantee. We paid the bill in full at checkout. Chengdu required another fax, this time just an authoriztion that we were booking the room and the $10.00 "booking fee" was billed in advance.

Even with all the international faxing and different payment methods, using Asiarooms was really worth it. We saved a lot-Beijing Hotel, on the hotel website, executive room, was over $280 per night. Package for three nights, with full breakfast and airport pickup, was $610.00. Quite a saving

I booked 2 hotels just recently through asiarooms.com and everything was fine. Got my Visa and it was detailed correctly. The other site that's even a bit cheaper is asiabesthotels.com. The only problem I had (which is why I booked my last hotel through asiarooms again) is that the site was hard to get up - the booking page - and the hotel I wanted wasn't available (fully booked). So I tried asiarooms again and everything went through easlily and without a hitch. I got what I wanted.

Go for it smj.

Kerri

I booked 2 hotels just recently through asiarooms.com and everything was fine. Got my Visa and it was detailed correctly. The other site that's even a bit cheaper is asiabesthotels.com. The only problem I had (which is why I booked my last hotel through asiarooms again) is that the site was hard to get up - the booking page - and the hotel I wanted wasn't available (fully booked). So I tried asiarooms again and everything went through easlily and without a hitch. I got what I wanted.

Go for it smj.

Kerri

• 3 months later...

I'm about to book through asiarooms.com and came across a few unfavourable comments, mostly regarding refunds etc.

How did everything turn out with those of you who've used this site?

Would really apprectiate your comments.

As I posted (#2), everything worked out fine. Lots of international faxing, both sides of the credit card and different ways to book. Since we actually STAYED in the hotels we booked thru asiarooms.com, we had no need for addressing refunds.

We did have a problem with the NanHai hotel in Shenzhen. Booked Harbor view room (HKG harbor). Got "upgraded" to an executive room with a tree in front of my balcony, with "free internet access". This was a hotel problem, NOT asiarooms. The hotel was fully booked the night we checked in. So they gave away our Harbor view room and "upgraded" us. They will either refund 50% or offered a free stay next time I am in Shenzhen.

Since I am now travelling back and forth to Vietnam and Cambodia for business and HKG is the best gateway to reach both of those places, I have not decided which offer I will take. But it has only been 4 months since we stayed there, so I will make up my mind shortly. But I repeat, this had NOTHING to do with asiarooms.com.

• 2 weeks later...

We used them recently to book the Rydges Jamison in Sydney, Australia. Asia rooms did have the best prices, but the down side was that you had to pay in advance and than they e-mail you a voucher. Everything worked very well and Asia rooms even sends reminder e-mails and encourages you to send them your rating of the hotel. I understand the company operates out of Bangkok and they do seem to have good prices on asian hotels. We would use them again.

Hank

Archived