Anybody have a current list of UBP beverages?

mohavemommy

First time NCL cruiser here! :cool:.... but not my first cruise. :D

Does anybody have a current list of UBP beverages? Yes, I have read the generic description from the website, but I am looking for a detailed list. I found a couple that are from 2 or 3 years ago, but you would like to see what is actually included. Is it the actual bar menu minus some things or what?

My experience with most of the bartenders is that if you can tell them what's in it, and they stock what's needed, they'll make it. If it requires a liquor that is over $15 then you pay the difference. Otherwise, it's covered. A list of what they serve would be impossible. The menu's only include the specialty drinks for that bar, surely not even close to everything they serve.

Does anybody have a current list of UBP beverages? Yes, I have read the generic description from the website, but I am looking for a detailed list. I found a couple that are from 2 or 3 years ago, but you would like to see what is actually included. Is it the actual bar menu minus some things or what?

If you have read the generic description, then you should know that you can order any single drink from any bar (no buckets of beer or bottles of wine (which are discounted)). The package will cover the first $15 of the cost of any drink. You pay for the cost over $15 plus 18% gratuity on the cost over $15.

Anyone know a current price on Knob Creek? I'm also booked for my first NCL cruise and it's been quite hard to research what drinks are over the $15. Lots if old menus out there that look like they aren't accurate any more.

Anyone know a current price on Knob Creek? I'm also booked for my first NCL cruise and it's been quite hard to research what drinks are over the $15. Lots if old menus out there that look like they aren't accurate any more.

We were on the Epic in April and asked about a Manhattan made with Knob Creek. It would have been about a $5 to $6 charge to have the Manhattan with Knob Creek. We chose to use Bullett Bourbon, which was covered under the package and was super good! That would be your option, in our opinion. If you want to just have a shot of Knob Creek, I can't remember what the price was but it still was over the package limit.

We were on the Epic in April and asked about a Manhattan made with Knob Creek. It would have been about a $5 to $6 charge to have the Manhattan with Knob Creek. We chose to use Bullett Bourbon, which was covered under the package and was super good! That would be your option, in our opinion. If you want to just have a shot of Knob Creek, I can't remember what the price was but it still was over the package limit.

Thanks - crazy they charge that much. Local bars run $8-$10 for Knob Creek or a Manhattan with it. I'm used to Carnival's drink package that covers us to $50 a drink so trying to figure out if my Knob Creek Manhattans were really included. :)

If you have read the generic description, then you should know that you can order any single drink from any bar (no buckets of beer or bottles of wine (which are discounted)). The package will cover the first $15 of the cost of any drink. You pay for the cost over $15 plus 18% gratuity on the cost over $15.

I appreciate the response, but a kinder one would obviously be more appropriate than the condescending one you chose to post. :eek: If you read the actual TOS, it is more exclusionary than just being that simple. Such as, even though they are on the bar menu, there are also no energy drinks, fresh squeezed juices, etc.... as shown below. It says no Super Premium Brands, but doesn't say anything about Ultimate Premium brands? :tropical-drink:

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD."

I will say a very big thanks to those of you who were kind enough to post a nice response. :* I have the answer to my question through your kindness! :halo:

i find it super frustrating that grey goose is included, but flavored isnt. they are the same price at the grocery store. it has to be a stocking/inventory thing. this also was not always the case when UBP came out.

It's also very odd that Gosling's is considered a super premium ultra platinum luxury rum brand. It's $20 in the liquor store. That's ok though. I'll order another brand and find plenty of delicious options. Nothing like an Aperol spritz in the late afternoon.

Just as an add on. I've found that the bar staff will always tell you if the drink you are ordering is included in the UBP, they are very good and it gives you the option of changing your mind, also if you ask them, they will tell you an alternative that is included in the UBP

The list could in theory be endless. Any drink that you can imagine is included in the UBP as long as the cost is $15 or less. I am amazed that people do not realize that bar menus and lists are nothing more than ways to direct you to drinks that costs a little to make but yield high profits. That philosophy hasn't changed jsut because the UBP exists.