Walking in Miami

gram4haley

DH and DS do not understand the concept of relaxation. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami the night before our cruise. While I am sure my DDIL and I will not want to even consider walking to the ship, is walking from the hotel to the ship possible, or even safe? (BTW they are good ole country boys, not urban cowboys.)

If they can do it, how long should it take them to make the walk?

DH and DS do not understand the concept of relaxation. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami the night before our cruise. While I am sure my DDIL and I will not want to even consider walking to the ship, is walking from the hotel to the ship possible, or even safe? (BTW they are good ole country boys, not urban cowboys.)

Not sure if it is possible but don't think it is too safe. It would be similar to walking along a major interstate.

It's less than a 5 minute drive from Holiday Inn Bayside/Port of Miami to the terminals, but it's not something that's set up for walking, and NOT something they're going to want to do. Tell them to relax and walk around the decks on the ship, they'll be a lot safer ;)

The distance is not the issue. Their safety is. To get from the Bayside Market to the port, you must traverse the Key Biscayne Bridge. This is a major four lane highway with cars traveling at 60 mph. It's a bridge; there is no shoulder & a little tiny, narrow strip of sidewalk next to the guard rail.

Please, please talk some sense into those men of yours and do not let them do this. In your favor once they see the route, you may not have to say anything at all.

The distance is not the issue. Their safety is. To get from the Bayside Market to the port, you must traverse the Key Biscayne Bridge. This is a major four lane highway with cars traveling at 60 mph. It's a bridge; there is no shoulder & a little tiny, narrow strip of sidewalk next to the guard rail.

Please, please talk some sense into those men of yours and do not let them do this. In your favor once they see the route, you may not have to say anything at all.

You're correct that it's NOT someplace they should walk to, but the Port of Miami is on DODGE Island, not Key Biscayne... The bridge/causeway to Key Biscayne is 10 minutes south of downtown Miami, and is called Rickenbacker Causeway. :)

You're correct that it's NOT someplace they should walk to, but the Port of Miami is on DODGE Island, not Key Biscayne... The bridge/causeway to Key Biscayne is 10 minutes south of downtown Miami, and is called Rickenbacker Causeway. :)

Hey what do you want? I'm not from Florida. :o

Whatever the name of the road -- I think I got the description right. Thank you for the correction & the more detailed info.

I stand by my statement that it's no place to walk -- & I've walked through Newark & Camden. :eek:

Archived