London-Calling

AIDA's New Helios Class Ship

Not much going on here.. I am amazed by the effort of AIDA to attract Dutch pax, they are often airing commercials on primetime Dutch TV for AIDA cruises. Still not sure about their product but their ships are looking better and better each newbuild.

I´m not sure about their product also :D

I only was at the Aida Prima, some things i like and some not.

It´s interesting that they have commercial spots in dutch TV. Aida offers cruises from Rotterdam with Prima and next year Perla. Wonder if many people from dutch book that?

If you want to try it book the Perla next year with the Hamburg Harbour birthday. That sailaway in Hamburg with the firework is the cruise worth alone.

c4a1443c7d615c260cef4fb0ad0a6b65.jpg71d314229d0d9b094e7904369caa944d.jpgfc8fdcc249f01c9a8d8c02bf1dd59155.jpg

Looks big. Booked a 4 day cruise to Rotterdam in November on her.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

In the meantime the two parts have been welded together. AIDA just announced earlier this week that the christening will be held in Papenburg at the ship yard on August 31st, 2018 accompanied by a big open air concert with David Guetta (25,000 tickets are on sale since yesterday).

steamboats

In the meantime the two parts have been welded together. AIDA just announced earlier this week that the christening will be held in Papenburg at the ship yard on August 31st, 2018 accompanied by a big open air concert with David Guetta (25,000 tickets are on sale since yesterday).

steamboats

I think the Aida ships are very beautiful. I love their color scheme and modern decor. Too bad for some of us here is the US that they don't have a big presence. May be some day after practicing some German I can try them in Europe. :)

Looking for any info regarding the Aida Perla; next year there will be a trip to Norway and France, it sounds like these trips are going pretty fast?!

Looking for any info regarding the Aida Perla; next year there will be a trip to Norway and France, it sounds like these trips are going pretty fast?!

This thread is about the Helios Class ships. The first ship to come is AIDAnova. AIDAperla and AIDAprima are Hyperion class. But yes, some trips sell pretty fast.

Back to AIDAnova...

Naming cermony is August 31st in Papenburg. Prior to that the ship will leave the building hall but no date yet except for "midAugust". The river authorities have published that the Ems river will be backed up by September 22nd. So after this date the Ems river conveyance may start.

steamboats