I could just cry, MISSED UPGRADE OPPORTUNITY!!!

• Had a message on answering machine from Royal Caribbean offering an upgrade from our Grand Suite to a STAR CLASS Sky loft suite for $1,650.00. The message was left about an hour and a half earlier. And they had also called earlier in the day.
  • We work. Got home and called immediately. Too late. It had been given away.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:eek::eek::loudcry::loudcry:

Lesson Learned: Your upgrade contact number should be your cell phone and not your home phone.

I'd say nothing lost. You're practically talking about the cost of a whole second cruise ... when you're already in a large, fancy suite. Even if I'd received the news in time to jump, I would've said, "Thanks, but no thanks."
I guess we must either be cheap or simple people! The costs of those suites for the amount of time we spend in our cabin we can't justify!!! [emoji848][emoji33]
I'll join you in being both cheap and simple ... and my bank account thanks me for it. We enjoy a balcony cabin, which is adequate space for two people, but since "more" comes with a steeply increased price, we're not much interested.

Doesn't Star Class include free gratuities, free drink package and free specialty restaurants? If so, that would have been a great deal!
Okay, now you have my attention ... you're talking about things beyond the room. I'd have to do the math and see if these things would be worthwhile to me.

just curious. do you have the money or would it be a hardship. i'm guessing you dont have the money so that should be option C after 'cheap or simple' lol
Don't assume that people who travel simply CAN'T afford to spend more. As I said above, we never go for anything more than a balcony cabin, but because we make cheap /simple choices we're able to take several nice trips per year (mostly not cruises), we were able to write checks for our kids' college expenses /no loans, our retirement savings are solid, and we're currently building our dream home without a loan.

We CAN afford what we want because we prioritize things that last more than a week.

Edited by MrsPete