Washers and dryers

Coolhand

Thank you First Timer on an NCL ship, Diamond on Carnival, going on an extended cruise and needed to know how to pack.

So next dumb question for experienced NCL pax, how much is laundry wash and fold service not dry cleaning, is it a bag you can stuff as many articles as possible in similar to Carnival? (Wife is very astute at maximizing interior areas of their laundry bag!)

Thank you First Timer on an NCL ship, Diamond on Carnival, going on an extended cruise and needed to know how to pack.

So next dumb question for experienced NCL pax, how much is laundry wash and fold service not dry cleaning, is it a bag you can stuff as many articles as possible in similar to Carnival? (Wife is very astute at maximizing interior areas of their laundry bag!)

Not a dumb question at all and yes, it's a laundry bag special $19.99/cabin and will be offered a couple of times during an extended cruise, depending on the length.

No self serve washing

On embarkation day, there will be 50% off pressing prices by the piece.

On day 4 of a 7-day cruise, there will be a bulk laundry special for a bag. It is a two day service being returned on Day 6.

All other times, it pay by the piece for next day or same day service.

f7548a4179eee55fddcb8ad1c64ea8c7.jpg

3b305e90666f2126143eea8a65d2c68e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't sailed Carnival in several years, but if their bags are still the same as they used to have, you'll find the NCL bags are about the same size. My last Carnival cruise was a 12-night cruise preceded by five days on land and followed by more than three weeks of travel, and DD and I did it with only carry-ons and backpacks. I'm Platinum on Carnival, so the free laundry was something we were happy to have and exit the ship with bags of clean clothes. :D

If you are platinum on NCL, one of your perks is a free bag of laundry, on the specified day. To me that's the best one.

The Platinum perk is a free laundry bag special on ANY day chosen by the Platinum member. We always choose a day that is NOT the bag special for other passengers.

Gets our laundry back sooner.

So it is that paper one that if you try to put more than like 2 things in it rips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We have used that bag special dozens of times, putting in shirts, slacks, socks, undies and never had the bag rip.

But if it did -- we have duct tape. :D

If you are careful enough (we tightly roll everything) and stuff it right you can do it without ripping it and get a lot into it.

And if it rips (because your 16 year old is shoving more into it), they will take it anyway.

As I recall from other posters....they run a special during the week for $20 per bag. The bag is generally a nice size from a pic I saw.

If confronted with a paper bag to stuff your stuff in for laundry service - ask your cabin attendant for a cloth

or nylon one if available - otherwise prepare to get creative in stuffing your 5 pounds of laundry into a 1 pound

paper bag. Bring along a large enough plastic bag for your stuff and then put the paper bag on the outside with

the contents inventory.

Also beware on some ships NCL puts those scratchy itchy id tags in places that - OH MY did that BVD just take

a bite out of me or what ? Mosquitos at the ankles - no that just dem tags - honey did you tell them to starch

the collars of my shirts with STAPLES ? You will get the humor when you are attacked by these id critters !

So it is that paper one that if you try to put more than like 2 things in it rips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I read a good tip from someone who stuffed as much as possible dirty clothes into a plastic bag first and then put the bag into the provided paper bag 😉. Note to self , remember to pack a plastic bag 😝