Skier52

UPDATED:- ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc.

I'm updating the info to reflect the changes made since from the original thread.

The information is taken from the current 2017/2018 UK online brochure

THIS WILL REQUIRE A RFURTHER 6 POSTS,

SO I WOULD VERY GRATEFUL IF PEOPLE COULD REFRAIN FROM POSTING ON THIE THREAD UNTIL AFTER POST # 7 HAS APPEARRED,

TIA

PETE

Contents

post 3

experiences

post 4

voyagers club

post 5

dining

post 6

drinks packages

service charges

post 7

teen card

laundry

ships' phone /fax numbers

hair straighteners

DRESS CODE

dress%20code.jpg

CHARGES FOR TOP19/18/13 sundeck

P1050641.jpg

SMOKING POLICY

smoking.jpg

BRINGING BEVERAGES AND FOOD ONBOARD

Guests are advised that MSC

Cruises operates the following

on-board policy with regard to

prohibited items, which include

alcohol (beer, wine, spirits,

champagne, etc.), firearms,

irons, hair straighteners,

weapons and sharp objects. Any

such items found in your

luggage when scanned during

the boarding process will

preclude embarkation. Unless a

guest disposes of such items

themselves at this point, they

will be confiscated and not

returned to the guest, without

exception. In the interest of

health and safety, beverages

and food (incl. partially eaten or

homecooked items) may not be

brought on board either.

Exception: dry, packaged and

commercially produced foods as

well as confectionary. Any guest

who fails to comply with the

security regulations laid out

above will be denied access to

the ship. Objects that are

considered to be fragile,

personal and/or valuable

(jewellery, electronics, money,

travel documents, backpacks,

medicines, diapers? etc.) must

be carried as hand luggage only

since MSC Cruises cannot accept

liability for their damage or loss.

NOTE:- HAIR STRAIGTENERS ARE ALLOWED (SEE EARLIER POST #7)

Edited by Skier52

DRINKS PACKAGE UPGRADES AVAILABLE ONBOARD

(SEE THE NEXT TO BOTTOM SET OF 3 BOXES)

024-001.jpg

AFT BALCONIES

DECK 8 AFT

Deck8%20aft_.jpg

DECK 9

Deck9%20aft_.jpg

DECK 10

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

DECK 11

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

DECK 12

Deck12_aft.jpg

DECK 13

Deck13_aft.jpg

OTHER BALCONIES

DECK 8 IN THE RECESSED AREAS

dedck%208%20balcony.jpg

METAL "IN-HULL"

in%20hull%20balcony.jpg

HALF METAL HALF PLEXIGLASS

maxresdefault.jpg

"H" CABIN

balconyHcabin.jpg

LARGE CORNER BALCONY

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

SECOND FROM THE HUMP

balconysecondbigggestcorner.jpg

SMALL BALCONY ON CENTRAL HUMP

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12.jpg

FORWARD FACING YC1

msc-divina-bow-balcony-cabi.jpg

ROYAL SUITE BALCONY (YC3)

YCpoundbalcony.jpg

AUREA SUITE 11009 (REAR HALF)

9009balcony.jpg

Can I bring a straightening iron? I see both yes and no--thanks!!!

hair straighteners are allowed

but not a clothes iron

Number of formal nights

Number of Formal Nights:-

There's

one formal night on four- to six-night cruises,

two on seven- to nine-night cruises,

three on 10- to 14-night cruises

four on cruises of 15 nights or longer.

Can I bring a straightening iron? I see both yes and no--thanks!!!

hair straighteners are allowed

but not a clothes iron

Hi Skier52....can you let me know where you found that info you posted please so I can carry it with me when I take my "I cant live without you Hair Straigtener" with me :D

Hi Skier52....can you let me know where you found that info you posted please so I can carry it with me when I take my "I cant live without you Hair Straigtener" with me :D

It can be found on this link

scroll down to "useful information" and then "electrical appliances and voltage"

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Manage-Your-Booking/General-Information.aspx

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Those two-tier rates are coming into effect sometime between October and November this year, Pete. We're doing a 9 night from September 25th when the old rates apply and doing a December cruise for 11 nights when the new rates apply. Also, I remember seeing a post from someone who is cruising in November on a 9+ night cruise who mentioned that the new rate is also applying to their cruise.

MSC is making it more and more difficult to give concise, clear information about their product with these crazy innovations! In the future, posters who come on here looking for answers will get the third degree about what ship they'll be on, how long their cruise will be, etc., etc., before they can be told how much their drinks packages are going to cost! It certainly doesn't help that these prices are not available on the website unless you have a booking or know to check out the brochures which aren't always the most up-to-date source of information judging on this new two-tier pricing coming into effect in 2017 which the current brochure won't indicate.

Does anyone know what the price will be to upgrade from the drink package that is included with an Aurea experience to a deluxe drink package? 7 day on Seaside in Caribbean

Does anyone know what the price will be to upgrade from the drink package that is included with an Aurea experience to a deluxe drink package? 7 day on Seaside in Caribbean

At the moment it looks like the price of the package that's included in Aurea is $45 pppd and the Premium is $61 - a difference of $16:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

However, there are new rates showing in the US brochure for 2018/2019 (see post #24 above) where the prices are $47 and $55, so a difference of only $8 pppd. This would probably apply from April onwards as MSC's cruising year for brochure purposes begins around April.

Anyone who has a booking for sailing around the date you're considering (you haven't stipulated) can check the prices they're being quoted in their "My Bookings" area of the website and let you know definitively.

At the moment it looks like the price of the package that's included in Aurea is $45 pppd and the Premium is $61 - a difference of $16:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

However, there are new rates showing in the US brochure for 2018/2019 (see post #24 above) where the prices are $47 and $55, so a difference of only $8 pppd. This would probably apply from April onwards as MSC's cruising year for brochure purposes begins around April.

Anyone who has a booking for sailing around the date you're considering (you haven't stipulated) can check the prices they're being quoted in their "My Bookings" area of the website and let you know definitively.

Thank you. We are booked for June and December 2018 on Seaside. It now has an * by the drink package that says may include meal time only drink pkg. I hope that is not the case. We are used to cruising NCL and like our top shelf drinks so upgrade will most likely be "necessary" :D

Thank you. We are booked for June and December 2018 on Seaside. It now has an * by the drink package that says may include meal time only drink pkg. I hope that is not the case. We are used to cruising NCL and like our top shelf drinks so upgrade will most likely be "necessary" :D

An Aurea booking has the all-inclusive drinks package included, not the mealtime one. I'm not sure what the asterisked notation that you're referencing is about.

We are booked on Seaside in July. We booked deck 11 aft s2 11210. It looks like it has a different balcony ( larger?) Due to the canbin it is next to with the whirl pool tub on balcony. Any idea if our suite is any larger or if the balcony is bigger? I didn't pick it , it was just given to me and since there weren't many left i wasn't going to be picky😊

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Hi.....looking at the drinks package ......does that mean we have to pay for ordinary water or go without at lunch and dinner.......We don't drink due to medicines and medical conditions.

Jo.

Hi.....looking at the drinks package ......does that mean we have to pay for ordinary water or go without at lunch and dinner.......We don't drink due to medicines and medical conditions.

Jo.

You have to pay for bottled water in the MDRs - they don't serve 'tap' water. However, water, tea & coffee are all available, without cost, 24/7 in the buffet. The water from the tap in your cabin is potable - you could bring a glass of that to lunch/dinner with you.

You can also buy a bottled water package if the all-inclusive drinks package doesn't suit.

Now that there is a monetary value assigned to drinks in the classic package (max $5 beer, $7.50 wine and $8 cocktail) will that value be used as a credit if more expensive drinks are ordered? On my last NCL cruise when I ordered a drink that was more expensive than the allotted cost in the drink package I only had to pay the difference. It worked great for the few times when I wanted a good glass of scotch that wasn't included in the drink package. I only had to pay a couple bucks for the upgraded scotch.

Now that there is a monetary value assigned to drinks in the classic package (max $5 beer, $7.50 wine and $8 cocktail) will that value be used as a credit if more expensive drinks are ordered? On my last NCL cruise when I ordered a drink that was more expensive than the allotted cost in the drink package I only had to pay the difference. It worked great for the few times when I wanted a good glass of scotch that wasn't included in the drink package. I only had to pay a couple bucks for the upgraded scotch.

On MSC ships you have to pay the full price for items which are not included in your drinks package - you can't pay just the difference.

And I STILL have not seen the "Dinner Wines" list. They have a package of 7 bottles of wine to enjoy in the dining room for $160.

I would imagine the wines in this package are different than the wines on the regular "Drinks and Wines List" that are available in all the bars?