UPDATED:- ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc.

Skier52

On 11/4/2018 at 9:29 PM, Captain-John said:

Bea - long time no speak! Got carried away with work and other things so not been around much since mid-year. Hope you had a fantastic cruise on Splendida and are well - with plenty more cruises in the pipeline. 🙂

On this very point - I've just booked Preziosa YC for next October, and we dock in Barcelona at 12PM - the majority of the other pax will be going back to Genoa (9 night itinerary) but we're just on for the 7 nights and getting off in Barcelona, as Genoa is a bugger to fly back from (indirect flights back to Edinburgh).

Do you think we will we be able to keep the cabin until around when we dock? If we ask nicely? And squeeze in a lunch before disembarking if we ask really nicely? 🙂

Hi Capn  Sorry to reply so late.  This is the first time I've been on the site since just before the changes were made.

We had a wonderful time on Splendida and we were also sailed on Poesia in September.  We have 3 more booked for 2019 which we're looking forward to.

I don't know what the chances would be of keeping the cabin 'til docking time - I would venture to say not likely at all.  However, near the end of the cruise, I would ask the concierge about the possibility of staying on for lunch.  We've certainly done it in Barcelona twice now - and that was when the ship docked in the morning!  The concierge even looked after our luggage from the time we left the cabin and arranged for a porter to assist us when we were disembarking.  However, YMMV as it tends to depend on the crew on the day and the ship you're on.

20 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hi Capn  Sorry to reply so late.  This is the first time I've been on the site since just before the changes were made.

We had a wonderful time on Splendida and we were also sailed on Poesia in September.  We have 3 more booked for 2019 which we're looking forward to.

I don't know what the chances would be of keeping the cabin 'til docking time - I would venture to say not likely at all.  However, near the end of the cruise, I would ask the concierge about the possibility of staying on for lunch.  We've certainly done it in Barcelona twice now - and that was when the ship docked in the morning!  The concierge even looked after our luggage from the time we left the cabin and arranged for a porter to assist us when we were disembarking.  However, YMMV as it tends to depend on the crew on the day and the ship you're on.

Thanks Bea. Glad you've had some nice cruises since we last spoke.

I've resolved to not keeping the cabin on - but I will definitely like to stay onboard for lunch. So, I'll be sure to be the concierge's friend in the prior week!

• 1 month later...

If I am reading the General Conditions correctly the SERVICE CHARGE for a Caribbean cruise is US$12.5/pp/pn.  There is no mention of a different rate for suite or Yacht Club passengers.  Is the rate the same for all adults ?

• 2 weeks later...

MSC Terms & Conditions

Do people realise that when you select a cabin on an MSC ship, you are really choosing a guaranteed grade of cabin as their T&C clearly states that selected cabins may be changed by the company without any consultation with the clients.

Has anyone had this happen to them ?  Seems like you buy an apple and they give you an orange ! 

Apples and oranges.... yeah but what when you buy an "apple", but the apple has ceased to exist on the ship.... and you don't even know if you are going to get an orange or the grape that has gone soft in the bottom of the box?

We have AI Restaurant and Bar....  if I recall correctly that gave me pretty much everything I would want except premium drinks, minibar and room service (which seems to me to be the same as what Premium is now?)   

However, - I have just seen a flyer that says "Upgrade from AI R&B to Premium for E9 a day" - so if AI isn't Premium equivalent already??  - then what is it?  

Am I getting a rotten grape?

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing Meraviglia in March.  Tried to purchase Internet today online and the only item that comes up   under that category is FunPack. Cannot locate any internet packages for pre-sale.  Do they no longer sell Internet packages prior to cruising on MSC?  Thanks.

Edited by phissy

Speaking of cabin changes, I have been given a free upgrade on the MSC Armonia.

They have bumped us from a balcony to a suite which is great.

However, my TA has said that my upgrade is because it's my honeymoon and I need to bring my marriage licence with me or risk losing the upgrade.

I am leave the night of my wedding for the cruise.....

I have been told that I can get a copy of the licence, but it won't be notarized and a letter from my celebrant confirming the marriage. But I am not sure if that will be enough.

So not 100% if I will actually get the upgrade :S

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 10:15 AM, Dear_Maria said:

However, my TA has said that my upgrade is because it's my honeymoon and I need to bring my marriage licence with me or risk losing the upgrade.

I have been told that I can get a copy of the licence, but it won't be notarized and a letter from my celebrant confirming the marriage. But I am not sure if that will be enough.

Once you've been assigned the suite, MSC will not downgrade you at check-in.

We received an upgrade to a suite on Armonia's sister ship, before.  Chances are, the suites aren't selling and they need the lower-grade stock available - hence your upgrade.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:45 AM, Dear_Maria said:

Hi Dear Maria, when you booked your cruise, did you just tell MSC that it was your honeymoon? my husband and I are also doing our honeymoon cruise on the Seaside in April and was wondering if there's any chance of getting a free upgrade :P

We are currently booked on a bella balcony.

1 minute ago, cruisers2019 said:

Hi Dear Maria, when you booked your cruise, did you just tell MSC that it was your honeymoon? my husband and I are also doing our honeymoon cruise on the Seaside in April and was wondering if there's any chance of getting a free upgrade 😛

We are currently booked on a bella balcony.

Hi Cruiser2019 We booked through a TA and they have told everywhere we are booked that we are on our honeymoon. (we have a day or so in Miami then 3 days in New York after the cruise) our guy Lee said that there was more chances of upgrades if we informed the cruise, hotels and flights.

So far the only upgrade we have gotten is the cruise.

So I would tell them! You have nothing to lose!

7 minutes ago, Dear_Maria said:

Hi Cruiser2019 We booked through a TA and they have told everywhere we are booked that we are on our honeymoon. (we have a day or so in Miami then 3 days in New York after the cruise) our guy Lee said that there was more chances of upgrades if we informed the cruise, hotels and flights.

So far the only upgrade we have gotten is the cruise.

So I would tell them! You have nothing to lose!

That's awesome, I didn't book through a TA, I booked direct. Maybe I'll send a nice email lol. I'll also try for the hotels as we are staying 1 night in Ft Lauderdale and 1 night in Miami precruise.

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 7:45 AM, cruisers2019 said:

That's awesome, I didn't book through a TA, I booked direct. Maybe I'll send a nice email lol. I'll also try for the hotels as we are staying 1 night in Ft Lauderdale and 1 night in Miami precruise.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:45 AM, cruisers2019 said:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Jimbo59 said:

What are the advantages of the Fantastica experience over the Bella experience, other than free room service?

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/MSC-Experiences.aspx

Go to msccruisesusa.com ( or your country equivalent) and select “discover MSc” from drop down menu, that will take to the above link. You can the expand each of the experiences using small icon in lower right box for each experience. 

Also there are screen captures showing the differences on the first couple pages of this thread.

for our last cruise, we booked Fantastica on Sinfonia for better selection (location, size) of rooms and better chance of getting the early dinner seating. The price differential when we booked was negligible ($20-30). 

Happy cruising!

5 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/MSC-Experiences.aspx

Go to msccruisesusa.com ( or your country equivalent) and select “discover MSc” from drop down menu, that will take to the above link. You can the expand each of the experiences using small icon in lower right box for each experience. 

Also there are screen captures showing the differences on the first couple pages of this thread.

for our last cruise, we booked Fantastica on Sinfonia for better selection (location, size) of rooms and better chance of getting the early dinner seating. The price differential when we booked was negligible ($20-30). 

Happy cruising!

For the cruise I am looking at, the additional cost for Fantastica over Bella is $190 per person. What do I get for $380?

Last year, the Fantastica experience include the mealtime drink package. This year it is not included.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:57 AM, gamblinmon said:

Looking at the Meraviglia sailing in the Caribbean and need some advice on balcony cabins an anyone weigh in on the following cabins

9156,10129, 13183, 13213 

thanks in advance

they are all in the recessed areas and next to or next but one to the hump wall

therefore they only have 90 degree fields of view , either forward or backwards , and they will have a problem of being shaded more than other cabins. if you don't like direct sunlight this would be good, if you do like direct sun then you may be disappointed

see the image where the red and blue ovoids show cabins in deep shade and those that will be in deep shade when traveling in the opposite direction

meraviglia%20balcony.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know if a Bella and Fantastica cabin are identical as far as the cabin itself? 

On one of the recent cruises I booked, I selected an interior cabin that is designated as a fantastica cabin, but I selected Bella as the experience.  I'm just wondering if the cabins are basically the same.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently applied for a status match and wondering how to go about arranging for the automatic 5% discount when booking online with one of the large discounters. Is it enough to indicate that I am a "past passenger" even though this will be the first time on MSC?

Does my travelling companion receive any benefits for his loyalty match if he is on the same ticket as I? I think there might be some OBC.

There are some things I think I will like about this line but a few do concern me so I am trying to gather as much information as I can before deciding.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, this is my first time posting so hopefully I am on the correct area.

We are cruising on MSC Seaside on 19/10/2019 from Miami to the western Carribean.

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers aged 17 and 15 we booked the Aurea package.

I booked this through my travel agent in the UK before MSC changed there drinks packages.

We upgraded to the Deluxe drink package which gives you unlimited drinks and use of the mini bar in your cabin.

Can someone tell me what service charges I have to pay please, as I booked this last year before they changed, do I pay 15% charge on every drink I order? even though I have paid for a drink package. Do I have to pay the same for the kids drinks? Do I pay 15% on the drinks from my mini bar?

Also do I have to pay a daily service charge as well as the 15% on drinks. It's all so confusing. Travel agent has been hopeless.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

You won't have to pay a service charge for drinks each time you order;  nor for anything you consume from the mini-bar (which should be re-stocked at least once a day - if you're lucky, it'll be re-stocked twice a day).

You will pay a Daily Service Charge as you booked before the policy of including it in the fare was introduced.  It'll be $12.50 pppd (half that for children) and will be added to your onboard account every day should you choose to not pre-pay it.  (The advantage of pre-paying is that you won't be hostage to currency fluctuations and Heaven knows where Sterling will be at the time you're being billed onboard!).