2017 Celebrity Solstice in Alaska

EOwens

Hi, My husband and I are cruising to Alaska with two other couples this August and I have questions about the Solstice. If anyone just got back will you share with me?

- How was the new outdoor movie experience - did anyone do the film/dinner night?

- We've rented one of the Alcoves for a day. How was that experience?

- How was the entertainment?

- I've heard they do a Champagne Tea in the Murano one day. Did anyone attend - was it worth it?

- How was the tendering to Juneau? Was it smooth?

- I've heard amazing things about Brent Nixon and his wife. Are they still on the ship?

Thanks for anything you share - any other tips/things not to be missed would be great.

We were on the May 17th sailing and had a great time on the Solstice! I can't answer most of your questions but I can say that the tendering went very smoothly in Ketchikan. We had booked an independent excursion so we were worried that we would miss it if the tendering didn't go well. Worried for nothing....we could have had priority tendering because we have elite status but we didn't need it, just walked down and got right on a tender. The weather was perfect that day. We didn't tender in Juneau, just tied right up at the pier.

Brent Nixon and his wife were both excellent speakers. They were so enthusiastic and knowledgeable that we did our best to make it to all of their talks. If you miss them in person their shows will be replayed on the tv in your cabin.

Rich and Sue,

Thanks so much for getting back with me. Sounds like you had great weather I hadn't read that there was tendering in Ketchikan - that was interesting to hear and I'm glad it went smoothly.

I'm also excited that Brent Nixon and his wife are there.

This will only be our 3rd cruise and we've never sailed on Celebrity before. We're super excited for our trip.

Thanks again for sharing!

Liz