Willdra's Vivacious Carnival Vista May 14-20 Cruise

willdra

What kind of earplugs do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

These are my faves, because they mold to my ear, and I can’t feel them when I’m trying to fall asleep. After I put em in, I forget they’re there. [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

http://amzn.to/2CpKqos

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71SMbiQz2bL._SL1500_.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've spent my afternoon reading your excellent review. Loved your style of writing and your pics....you look so young. I can't believe you have grown kids.

Your review was so helpful because we just booked the Oct 6 Horizon cruise. This will be our 9th Carnival cruise. But the last one was 2016 (the Magic). We also are on deck 2 but in the family harbor section which is new to us. Going with friends who are bringing kids and wanted that family harbor section. We are in an aft extended balcony and I hope it's not too low where the engine or propeller??? noise will be a bother. Will have to get those earplugs above.

So some questions....also new to us is this staggered assigned arrival times. But I don't see on my cruise planner where I can select a time. Is it not going to be used on my cruise since it will be new to port of Miami? I heard no FTTF because of it being new there.

Also, you went in the Havana bar....so we can all use that bar and pool? Or is it just for Havana cabins? And Platinum guests? Or embarkation day everyone can? I'd love to have booked a cabin there and have access to that. But, you know, we went with the friends. Maybe another time.

Also, we chose your time dining. With a larger party, 8, will we have more of a wait for a table, do you think?

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We leave for Disney in 10 days, yet all I am thinking about is the Horizon cruise in October....sooooo excited!!!!

I've spent my afternoon reading your excellent review. Loved your style of writing and your pics....you look so young. I can't believe you have grown kids.

Your review was so helpful because we just booked the Oct 6 Horizon cruise. This will be our 9th Carnival cruise. But the last one was 2016 (the Magic). We also are on deck 2 but in the family harbor section which is new to us. Going with friends who are bringing kids and wanted that family harbor section. We are in an aft extended balcony and I hope it's not too low where the engine or propeller??? noise will be a bother. Will have to get those earplugs above.

So some questions....also new to us is this staggered assigned arrival times. But I don't see on my cruise planner where I can select a time. Is it not going to be used on my cruise since it will be new to port of Miami? I heard no FTTF because of it being new there.

Also, you went in the Havana bar....so we can all use that bar and pool? Or is it just for Havana cabins? And Platinum guests? Or embarkation day everyone can? I'd love to have booked a cabin there and have access to that. But, you know, we went with the friends. Maybe another time.

Also, we chose your time dining. With a larger party, 8, will we have more of a wait for a table, do you think?

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We leave for Disney in 10 days, yet all I am thinking about is the Horizon cruise in October....sooooo excited!!!!

Thanks a ton for your kind comments! [emoji2]

Anyone can use the Havana Bar. The Havana Pool area is unrestricted at 6pm every evening. We were happy with the other relaxation areas, so we never went back there.

From what I’ve seen and heard on the Vista, there is very little wait for Your Time Dining for parties of any size. 1 person in the party can go early to check everyone in, so I think that helps with crowd and wait control.

We are sailing on Horizon in April, and we had to select an Arrival Time. If you have to select one, it’ll be in your Online Check In Summary here:

a2d4a0229bd8e2d7a4d577e190ce22c5.jpg

I’m sure I will write some type of review after our April sailing, so please check it out for Horizon pics and tips. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 7/16/2019 at 11:49 AM, leight said:

Absolutely love your reviews, writing style, humor and you are lovely too! W is a lucky man! Hope you enjoy your next adventure and can't wait to read about it.

Thank you 😊!!! 

• 9 months later...

One more thing, since you have sailed on many different Carnival ships, which one do you prefer ? We have done the Magic and the Dream, but not the Vista. We have never sailed out of Miami, because , living in NC , it is too far of a drive and we have been too cheap to fly. Maybe we need to rethink the flying thing.

22 hours ago, teacher34 said:

One more thing, since you have sailed on many different Carnival ships, which one do you prefer ? 

I love the Vista and Horizon, cuz they feel so fresh and so clean clean. The Dream Class is my sister from another mister tho, and I would sail any one of them in a heartbeat! ❤️❤️🛳🛳❤️❤️

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 3:05 PM, princess76021 said:

Thank you for allowing me to join you on this cruise!! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not sailing until March and I need the fix!!!  You definitely helped!! Thanks again. Hugs from Texas!!

Thank you for this sweet compliment! 🥰🥰

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 8:22 PM, teacher34 said:

Yeah !! Found another of your reviews to reread ! They do help to make the time go faster and help me to remember what cruising is like !! Thanks so much !

LOL Thanks! 😂😂

On 6/6/2017 at 10:57 PM, Delta Dear said:

Add me to the 'First Timers of Reading Your Reviews List," too. I LOVE your review. Now I have to expand your signature and read all the others. Even though our next two booked cruises are on Princess, I find the Carnival reviews are much more fun to read. I'm so happy I decided to check this out tonight.

Looking forward to the rest. I have literally LOL'd at several things you've said.

Here I am 3 years late reading her reviews and I'm hooked. 

• Like 1

Willdra, I'm sitting here 3 years late reading your reviews and loving them. I actually was looking for any Magic reviews since I'm supposed to be on the Magic Aug 2021 but with the Covid19 who knows. After reading your Magic review I had to read all of your reviews and I found this Vista review for Mothers Day 2017 which I was on also with my daughter and my granddaughter for her 16th birthday, which also was her first ever cruise. Needless to say we all had a ball!!! Can't wait to read all of your reviews!!!  BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2020 at 10:06 PM, MEUB1112 said:

THANK YOU so much for the reviews and something to look forward to. I am so sick and tired of the current affairs,  this provides hope THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for jumping in!! 🥰🥰