Willdra's Vivacious Carnival Vista May 14-20 Cruise

willdra

Add me to the 'First Timers of Reading Your Reviews List," too. I LOVE your review. Now I have to expand your signature and read all the others. Even though our next two booked cruises are on Princess, I find the Carnival reviews are much more fun to read. I'm so happy I decided to check this out tonight.

Looking forward to the rest. I have literally LOL'd at several things you've said.

This is my first time reading one of ur reviews but I'm loving it already! Yay! I'll be on the Vista in August, can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for reading!! You are going to love The Vista!! [emoji170][emoji170][emoji924][emoji170][emoji170]

Oh My Goodness!! This is my first time coming across one of your reviews, and I LOVE it!! I can't wait to read more!! It's like a great book that you just can't put down.

Thank you so much for this!!! ❤️[emoji924][emoji924]❤️ It really motivated me to keep going. [emoji1474][emoji2][emoji404]

As I said last night , I was going to expand your signature so I could enjoy your other reviews. So, I hit EXPAND. Immediately I said, "OH, WOW, Willdra was on the same ships we were on!" Then I realized the signature I expanded was mine! LOL. That's when I decided it was time for me to go to bed! I'll read your reviews later today. Hope you'll be adding to this one later day as well.

• Like 1

As I said last night , I was going to expand your signature so I could enjoy your other reviews. So, I hit EXPAND. Immediately I said, "OH, WOW, Willdra was on the same ships we were on!" Then I realized the signature I expanded was mine! LOL. That's when I decided it was time for me to go to bed! I'll read your reviews later today. Hope you'll be adding to this one later day as well.

LOL!! Thank you so much for reading my ramblings! The saga will continue tonight. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Yay!! This review is so fun. I think I love you guys! Maybe we'll cruise together soon!

This[emoji1489]!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Thank you thank you thank you for alla dat!!! [emoji7]❤️[emoji7]

The Serenity deck looks awesome, can't wait to hear if you score a clamshell on a sea day!

Serenity was one of my favorite parts of the ship. [emoji2]There are so many things to absolutely love about Vista! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Following along! I'll be doing this itinerary in February, as Part Dieux of a B2B!

I'll be honest, I did an excited little jump when I saw this review!

Sweet!!! That is going to be so much fun!!! :D:D:D

1st Sea Day

Part 1

I set my alarm for 8 am but I didn't get up officially until 9. #Success! My sleep in game is improving! It helped that I was really tired the night before. It was one of those nights where I didn't remember laying down or falling asleep, then I just woke up looking crazy.

I took my time getting ready then I walked up to the gym. This Vista gym is huge. There were lots of people there, but there were still plenty of machines open. At some point while I was on the treadmill, I realized that I didn't have to hold on. There really is very little motion on this ship! I have not felt it moving at all. I'm not sure yet if that's good or bad, so I will have to come back to this later.

After my run it was time for one of my favorite activities. Sea Day Brunch! I live every time I get those chocolate chip pancakes and cheddar grits placed in front of me. Add the bacon on the side, and suddenly this is everything that is right with the world. It's like when my edges lay down on their own, my eyebrows are at a perfect arch, and I no longer have to color my hair that keeps growing in that weird "silver-ish" shade. This is the "Friday" of breakfast food!

34776042805_40b4da8ec1.jpg

34644061571_d92f8a4950.jpg

W and I wanted to redeem our free drink coupons on the first sea day instead of the last, so I took my new favorite cup to pour it into so that I could drink it later. My rule is coffee first, then cocktails, and that equals classy. W got his usual unopened Blue Moon so he didn't need a cup. When the check came for the drinks, I noticed that I was charged for mine so I let Mauricio know and he went back to fix it. I just had my coffee and I was finally in a place where I could say more than 3 words politely, so I was chill about it. He brought me back a slip where he wrote "void" on it which was all good. Or was it? Too soon to tell.

Got this from Walmart!!! Booyaaaaahh!!!

34776041735_6bec8826f4.jpg

34782685325_e1110ebe2d.jpg

We ate and talked about whatever people talk about at brunch on Sea Days then left to go and find our happy place for the day. I voted for Serenity, and since my votes are the only ones that count, that's where we went.

Up in Serenity it was crowded but not hot so we could sit anywhere. We found some nice chairs and camped out a little while.The Lip Sync Battle started right after we got there, and I walked over to the rail so that I could watch it on the screen. It was hilarious and I was thoroughly entertained! Matt is an awesome Cruise Director! We had sailed with him twice on The Breeze so I knew this would be a fun cruise with him in charge. After the Lip Sync Battle I noticed that W had moved to a clamshell so I joined him. His alarm went off and I asked him what it was for. He said it was time to go to the Mongolian Wok. My husband has an alarm set for food chile! An.Alarm.For.Food. His food game is flawless!

Uh oh, I don't think he wanted me to tell y'all about the food alarm. Whoops!

34613774992_da51baf9e8.jpg

• Like 2

1st Sea Day

Part 2

While he was gone I did my tasks of downloading the Funtimes, looking at Social Media, and making notes for this review. If I don't take notes every day, this review-ish thingy wouldn't happen because real talk, I have negative short term memory. I keep extra deodorant in my car because sometimes I really can't remember if I put it on or not, and I figure it's better to be safe than musty! True story.

As I was sitting there doing a whole lotta nada, it started sprinkling but I thought it would pass soon. It didn't. I packed up our bags and tried to wait it out. The universe had other plans, and it started raining. Harder. I finally conceded when W came back, and told me how silly I looked huddled up in the back of the clamshell hiding from water. First he laughed at me, then he helped me quickly get our gear, and relocate to our balcony. The balcony was very nice too! Until it wasn't. One of our neighbors decided to come out and smoke. I'm not someone who tries to tell other people what to do with their bodies. However. I do care what happens to mine. Most of the time. Breathing second hand smoke was not on my list of things to do on any day. Unless I overlooked it, which is highly likely. So I checked the list just to make sure , and nope it wasn't there. The to do list did indicate that I was supposed to be looking for an excursion for Ocho Rios tomorrow tho, because W didn't do it. He had one job y'all! Alright, maybe he had more than one job, but the fact remained that he never did it. #Slacker.

I went back in to grab the Fun Ashore booklet but, when I came back I noticed that a dark scary ominous cloud had rolled in.Then a few seconds later it was storming. It was still good on the balcony but the temperature had dropped a few degrees and you guessed it, it was time for our neighbors next nicotine fix. Great! W joined me out there briefly then we went in. We turned on the TV to see if we could find the Dining Room Menu and purchase the Shore Excursion, but there was no menu or Shore Excursions on the TV. Now that was different. Not a deal breaker, just different.

Sea Day Selfie!

34736001806_a08851ae4c.jpg

34643968251_f0ccc703a9.jpg

1st Sea Day

Part 3

Since it had been a whole 20 minutes since W had food, this seemed like a good time to try the Seafood Shack, because we wanted to eat, but were not starving. I had the buffalo shrimp, fish and chips, and W had the fried shrimp with clam strips. It was good. I'm still trying to figure out what made my shrimp"buffalo shrimp" tho. There was not a drop of buffalo sauce on them, so maybe this particular cook was absent on the day that they taught "how to make buffalo shrimp " in culinary school. The shrimp was still good, so I didn't freak. After consuming copious amounts of fried greasy seafood we retired to the cabin. We still had 3 whole hours until dinner. I "rested my eyes" (cuz all of that walking a few feet to eat made me sleepy) while W read on the balcony.

34892582556_acabe156f4.jpg

34933241215_d5f7e29667.jpg

34933234375_e4aac6e8d7.jpg

"Buffalo" Shrimp

34892688666_7f42d4c5a0.jpg

Fish and Chips

34892698036_7c3631f996.jpg

Clam Strips

34122793213_b621182ba3.jpg

1st Sea Day

Part 4

I got up about an hour before dinner. We showered and fixed our faces, which was time consuming for me. Once I was dressed to impress, I dug into the "shoe pile" and got lucky. The shoes that I wanted were on top! W started giving me the stank eye, cuz what you are not gonna do, is make him late for lobster, so I poured a glass of wine for the road and we dipped out.

First we went to check in on Deck 5. The line was long but it moved fast. We got in line at 8:15 and we were seated at 8:30. We were seated at the same table that we had at brunch. This was not so great if you wanted to watch the Waiters dance during "Showtime". There was a huge wall blocking our view of the rest of the Dining Room. Kinda felt like we were in adult timeout.

34390432700_18efca6bb6.jpg

34613668942_374cc5e48e.jpg

The Wall of Shame

34775810235_92d9cbd87b.jpg

1st Sea Day

Part 5

W ordered the fried oysters and I had my standard shrimp cocktail. Our entrees were Striped Bass, Lobster, and Prime Rib. Dinner was very slow, but we didn't mind because we really enjoy laughing and talking about misc stuff. Plus it wasn't like we needed to go to bed early for work or anything. We really do try to have fun to the fullest!

34775851605_32bcc62bfe.jpg

34735814166_dcb0a15b52.jpg

I wasn't fast enough to catch these before W dug in!

34613571512_e67e69c941.jpg

Seared Striped Bass

33967235783_b7d5777635.jpg

33967192313_4ec85e24ab.jpg

Hazelnut Cake

34643808961_3a530493e1.jpg

1st Sea Day

Part 6

The next move was to catch Matt's Motown Trivia Show. It was held in Ocean Plaza and we knew that seats would be limited. We arrived at 10 for the 10:30 show and we got the last seats. Let me rephrase that. We got the last seats on the "indoor" furniture. Pretty soon people started bringing the "outdoor" furniture in from the Lanai. I don't blame them either, cuz vacay is the time to sit down and do the very least! We are here for comfort and relaxation, and we will savagely pursue it. For a few minutes anyway.

34613449602_b54cf29586.jpg

34390328190_92a73c1898.jpg

33967088513_1a1ac29dbd.jpg

The show was packed out which is no surprise, Matt is really funny and entertaining. Once the party was over we ran back to the cabin. Not literally, W refuses to even walk fast most of the time. Our Platinum gifts were waiting for us when we arrived. They were some cute little backpacks. I was so happy that we got something that we would use, and wouldn't give me nightmares like the hideous head crocs!

34390337840_eab119f3df.jpg

There was no more excitement or activity after that. We were whipped! Eating, sleeping, and relaxing all day is really tiring!

Before I fell asleep, I sent up a quick prayer thanking God for my Spanx. No explanation necessary.

Loving your review Willdra! We are leaving for the Glory on Saturday and your food pics are making my mouth water!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

LOL!!! Thanks!! Yes the food is a big part of the excitement for us! [emoji39][emoji1474]

1st Sea Day

Part 3

34933234375_e4aac6e8d7.jpg

What a wonderful review! It looks like we are going to have to have the #OOTD or make that plural; outfits of the day! You look so pretty in your outfits and I don't know WHY you would wear spanx!! You do not need it....but then I get the southern girl not going out without her hidden helpers on!!

You and W are just the cutest!!