Best tip ever FLL port

drvmywifecrzy

So I just got off the Conquest on Monday June 12th. When I boarded the cruise I noticed a sign in the terminal that said download the "mobile pass" app for Customs. So I DL the app and you scan your passport and those in your group. When its time to leave you open the app. Select who is on cruise with you, select your port, cruiseline, and terminal. Answer the four standard questions on the paper form. It then creates a QR code for each user. When you disembark look for the sign and/or ask security to direct you. I walked right past the zig zag of over 500 people and went right to the front, showed my passports and they scanned the QR codes for each person and said have a nice day. Not sure if this is available elsewhere or how long but I got looks as I walked by all these people waiting as the two customs agents handled the zig zag line and 1 agent handled the mobile pass line. Its free too. Enjoy the tip

Sailed out of Ft Lauderdale this past March on Holland America. After we checked in there were Holland America personnel helping people download the Mobile Passport app, I had already done it so I was helping people download the app while we waited to embark. I used it at disembarkation and zipped right thru, it's great.

So I just got off the Conquest on Monday June 12th. When I boarded the cruise I noticed a sign in the terminal that said download the "mobile pass" app for Customs. So I DL the app and you scan your passport and those in your group. When its time to leave you open the app. Select who is on cruise with you, select your port, cruiseline, and terminal. Answer the four standard questions on the paper form. It then creates a QR code for each user. When you disembark look for the sign and/or ask security to direct you. I walked right past the zig zag of over 500 people and went right to the front, showed my passports and they scanned the QR codes for each person and said have a nice day. Not sure if this is available elsewhere or how long but I got looks as I walked by all these people waiting as the two customs agents handled the zig zag line and 1 agent handled the mobile pass line. Its free too. Enjoy the tip

Are you able to use it if someone in your party doesn't have a passport but is using a birth certificate instead?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think you could have a Canadian passport and a U.S. Passport on the same mobile passport? I don't have a smartphone yet not because I'm old lol but because I'm disabled. Guess maybe I'd better get one.

Do you think you could have a Canadian passport and a U.S. Passport on the same mobile passport? I don't have a smartphone yet not because I'm old lol but because I'm disabled. Guess maybe I'd better get one.

No, For US passport only,

That is great. Thanks for posting.

Only for use at Port Everglades right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The current version 2.5.1 is good at Port Everglades and 24 airports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by traveler279

Well it's for entry into the US. Canada can do it in their border.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Canada has eDeclaration. Only works at Ottawa and Vancouver so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk