Legend - neglected tip

alexmay

I just returned from the most wonderful week on the Legend of the Seas! I awoke at 3am in a panic because I realized I completely forgot to tip someone. Is there a way to send this after the cruise is over? Where do you mail it to? Thanks for any help.

I feel absolutely horrible, so hopefully someone will know how to fix the situation.

We did all off our tours through the ship, mostly because I didn't want to put forth the effort to research other tours. I know a lot of people did their own and they seemed to be fine. I just prefer the security of the ships shore excursions.

Grand Cayman - we swam with the stingrays. My kids are 15 and 13 and they just loved it. They fed them, held them, and just had a great time. We didn't walk around the port on our own very much, but what we did see was clean and the people were very friendly, but not pushy.

Costa Maya - we did the dune buggy excursion. It was a lot of fun, and the beach we went to was very isolated. The pier area was small, and the vendors were too pushy for me so we didn't spend much time there.

Belize - we went power snorkeling out to the barrier reef. It was incredible. The tour guides were amazing on this trip. I had never snorkeled before, but they were very helpful and patient. The pier area was nice, and the shops had a few more set prices so it wasn't as pushy.

Cozumel - they are trying very hard to be ready for tourists, but another sea day would have been as good as this day was. We went swimming with the dolphins which was really fun, but they were just not ready for the amount of people they had to handle. It was a lot of waiting around for 1/2 hour with the dolphins. I'm glad we did it, and would've been disappointed if we didn't, but in retrospect, another sea day would have been just as well. We didn't go downtown because the dolphin swim took so long, and the shops by the pier were very pushy. We did get some excellent deals on shirts etc because they are so desperate for tourists dollars there. The hurricane damage was depressing, but the amount of effort going into rebuilding was inspiring.

The sea days were great! There was plenty planned, and plenty of space to just hang around and do nothing. We only did 2 shows. We didn't care for the magician, and we loved the acrobat. I heard people say just the opposite so that's just personal preference.

I am not the best food critic, but I certainly did not lose any weight. Our waiter was Erwin, and he was fantastic. The first thing my son said this morning was "I miss Erwin." Our assistant waiter was Ake, and he was very good as well. If you see Erwin in the dining room, tell him we miss him and our daily cheesecake.

Enjoy your trip -

Kathleen

As long as you know the name of the crew member that you forgot to tip you should be able to contact RCCL and make it happen (assuming of course you have a charge card that they can bill). I'd call guest services and ask.

We were in 8520. I didn't take any pictures of the cabin, but it looked exactly like the picture on the rccl website - right down to the bedspreads! I reviewed this website before we left - http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/legendseas.htm and the ship looks exactly like pictured here.

The ship is very clean and well kept. There were a few times we saw maintenance people out and about painting or fixing up, but it wasn't a disturbance at all, and they were usually out at off times.

I honestly doubt RCI would charge your CC for the tip and if they do I doubt the crew member will ever see it. Perhaps you can have someone who's sailing soon bring the tip for you. That way you're sure the person gets it. Also, you might want to get the name of the ship agent in Tampa and send a letter to the crew member with the tip included through the ship agent. That way the mail be delivered directly to the ship and as long as you have the crew members name and position it should get to them.

alexmay-

I don't know if RCCL will let you do that after the fact, but as someone else mentioned, you could "pass it on" to somebody who is sailing soon and have them deliver it on your behalf - I'm sure the crewmember in question would get a real kick out of that. There's a bunch of us on the roll call for 12/3 that I'm sure would be willing to help out, myself included. You could just send one of us the money via paypal or something and we could deliver it. Of course you'd have to trust us, but who do you trust more, us or RCCL? lol.

Thanks - and yes, I think I would trust a complete stranger who takes the time to write on cc more than a large corporation where even if the intent is good, the red tape would prohibit a delivery. Unfortunately, I think the individual said she was leaving after this week or maybe next so I'm not sure she would be on the December 3rd sailing. Maybe I will find a person on a February sailing who is equally as agreeable.

many staff leave and you may not know when their contract is up. I think you should stop beating yourself up over it. The person probably is over it by now. Each week they get new customers and they move on. Was this staff person an extra that you wanted to show gratitude towards? Most tips are now done automatically. We do not do that. We take it off and hand deliver the tips. The kids like to give it out to the stewards, the dining room people. If they do extra for us, we like to give a bit extra as a thanks, and I am not sure how the automatic tips work. I like to see them smile!

alexmay - I am going to be in the Legend on 12/10 in the royal family suite 8532 this is next to the cabin that you were in on your cruise. What is on the veranda? I was wondering if there is a table high enough to enjoy breakfast out on the veranda. Also, how many chairs are there? Thanks in advance.

Ellen

8518 was next to 8520 and it was another junior suite. Our table was just low coffee table type thing. It would have been possible to eat on there, but difficult. I peaked in the family suite and I believe they had a lot bigger table and chairs on the balcony.

We had 3 chairs on ours, but the one next to me had 2. Cass was in an aft suite and had a lounge chair as well. We did not, but it would've fit okay.

Archived