Escape restaurants which one??

First time cruiser on Norwegian I picked the restaurants as one of my choices. I am definitely choosing Cagneys and I choose another steak house and habachi. I am second guessing my choices and wondering if we should have did Italian. Any suggestions?:)

Cagney's is excellent. Moderno is excellent. We love Le Bistro.

La Cucina is basically Olive Garden at sea. Teppanyaki is like any hibachi place you can go to at home. Just my $0.02.

Cagneys #1 loved it

Teppanyaki, loved it both times we have eaten here, My #2 my kids #1

Moderano, come hungry, they pineapple is awesome. #3

Food republic, great to get a snack or skip one of the MRD, not on the plan though.

Bayamo, The first time we ate here it was awesome, the second time not so much. Hit or miss

La cucina we have not tried, too myuh good Tuscan style around our house.

Le Bistro.. Pass was not that good.

We don't have any Teppanyaki type restaurants where I live so this was one of my choices when I sailed on the Jewel last October. I was not disappointed. I loved Cagney's because it is ala carte and I was able to pick what I wanted and got our of there for $20.00 and feel like I was over stuffed or over charged. I haven't been to Moderno, but my travel buddy wants to try it so I will. Have fun with whatever you decide.

Candi

Cagney's is excellent. Moderno is excellent. We love Le Bistro.

La Cucina is basically Olive Garden at sea. Teppanyaki is like any hibachi place you can go to at home. Just my $0.02.

Couldn't that statement hold true for any of the restaurants? Cagney's is like any steakhouse, Moderno like any Brazillian steakhouse at home, etc.

Teppanyaki, cagneys, le bistro, la cucina, margaritaville and food republic!

Food republic is not included in the dining package.

Our preference is Cagney's and Teppanyaki.

Nor a fan of La Cucina (there are Italian restaurants on every corner at home). Not a fan of Le Bistro since they changed the menus when the Escape was launched in October 2015. And would not waste a dining credit on a Margaritaville hamburger (would just pay for that).

The one thing we did on two different Escape cruises was to pay the $7 upcharge and use the SDP at Pinchos Tapas Bar. We cycled through most of the menu a couple of times, and kept ordering tapas until we were stuffed. That was a fun way to use our dining credit.

Food republic is not included in the dining package.

Our preference is Cagney's and Teppanyaki.

Nor a fan of La Cucina (there are Italian restaurants on every corner at home). Not a fan of Le Bistro since they changed the menus when the Escape was launched in October 2015. And would not waste a dining credit on a Margaritaville hamburger (would just pay for that).

The one thing we did on two different Escape cruises was to pay the $7 upcharge and use the SDP at Pinchos Tapas Bar. We cycled through most of the menu a couple of times, and kept ordering tapas until we were stuffed. That was a fun way to use our dining credit.

Everyone has a different preference bird... Why not put all the options out there and let them have their own experiences.

Just like I didnt list moderno for a reason, but just my experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Everyone has a different preference bird... Why not put all the options out there and let them have their own experiences.

Just like I didnt list moderno for a reason, but just my experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Exactly!

Our party of 4 each had a great meal at LeBistro. But we had no idea they had changed the menu. It was our first experience with LeBistro.

Teppanyaki for me was OK/Good. The only thing that appealed to me was the shrimp and scallops, the soup and rice aren't for me.

Cagney's was very, very good.

Exactly!

Our party of 4 each had a great meal at LeBistro. But we had no idea they had changed the menu. It was our first experience with LeBistro.

Teppanyaki for me was OK/Good. The only thing that appealed to me was the shrimp and scallops, the soup and rice aren't for me.

Cagney's was very, very good.

Thanks for all the information, we sure can use the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't think I would like La Cucina but it was one of our favorites,it's definitely not a Olive garden excellent food and service, along with Cagney's

I also liked it but it's been a few years since I went NCL so don't know if it's changed..?

I haven't tried Le Bistro or Cagneys to with my perk, I think this time I will.

If you're an adventurous eater I would suggest Pincho Tapas for one of your meals... I ended up eating 14 different tapas. (that would have added up to about $65) Lots of great small plates such as lamb, scallops, shrimp, ect...

If you're an adventurous eater I would suggest Pincho Tapas for one of your meals... I ended up eating 14 different tapas. (that would have added up to about $65) Lots of great small plates such as lamb, scallops, shrimp, ect...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bayamo was my favorite. Really good.

The Wagyu sirloin was miles better than Cagney's (although much smaller).

Keep in mind Bayamo and Pinchos both have upcharge to use an SDP credit there. Bayamo - $15, Pinchos - $7

Edited by Mistizoom

my 2 cents, having sailed the Escape twice.

Cagneys - we didn't eat there, so no opinion.

Teppanyaki - food is good, atmosphere is fun, i could skip it as a couple, but with a group it's a must-do.

Moderano - pretty good. pineapple is great but nothing else blows me away. fun for kids.

Food Republic - this was a miss for me. a lot of food was just okay, and it got pricey fast.

Bayamo - LOVED. eaten there twice, both times great

Pincho - also a LOVE from us. we ordered from there while sitting in the wine bar a couple times.

La Cucina - always enjoyable, good solid option. nothing particularly inovative, but the ingredients and recipes tasty.

Le Bistro - we really enjoyed this, but we like french food. some others in our party found it a little adventurous for them.

LOL , we are boring people for don't care for French Food, while vacationing in Aruba, we don't care for Brazilian Meat , USDA for us,, , we are just not Adventurous eaters, :( , so we will be sticking with Cagneys, MDR, Buffet, LaCucina..

LOL , we are boring people for don't care for French Food, while vacationing in Aruba, we don't care for Brazilian Meat , USDA for us,, , we are just not Adventurous eaters, :( , so we will be sticking with Cagneys, MDR, Buffet, LaCucina..[/

Just an FYI LeBistro was more "American" fare than French.

I'm basically a meat and potato person, but found the menu at LeBistro very appealing.

LOL , we are boring people for don't care for French Food, while vacationing in Aruba, we don't care for Brazilian Meat , USDA for us,, , we are just not Adventurous eaters, :( , so we will be sticking with Cagneys, MDR, Buffet, LaCucina..[/

Just an FYI LeBistro was more "American" fare than French.

I'm basically a meat and potato person, but found the menu at LeBistro very appealing.

I will give it a try, thanks,

on the side ( LOL ) Love French Martinis,, couple of them and Im sure i'll find something to eat