Celebrity Reflection Dry Dock

dx052

1/9/18 to 1/19/18. Besides the normal carpets, paint, spruce up, was told alcoves will be replaced with newer style that rotate that were put on one of the other S class ships recently. 10 days is too short for major engine work but I am sure much minor maintenance and inspections on mechanical components and diesels etc..

• 1 month later...

In our experience unless a venue has changed it is hard to tell what happened in dry dock. Carpeting replaced, but looks like the same carpeting, no changes to cabin decor, or tables/chairs (in fact we have seem some well worn chairs & sofas after a dry dock.

10 days is too short for major engine work but I am sure much minor maintenance and inspections on mechanical components and diesels etc..

Ten days is more than adequate for overhauls to azipods, bow thrusters, stabilizers, and all underwater systems. Just so you know, the major diesel engine overhauls (at 12,000 hour intervals, or about 2-2.5 years) are done while the ship is in service, as these overhauls take 2-3 weeks to accomplish. Further, there is ongoing maintenance that will take an engine out of service for a day or two happening every month, so diesel maintenance is not a common practice while in drydock. So, very often the ship will be sailing around with one of the four diesels out of service, and no one is any wiser, as the itineraries are set so that the power is not required.

This is not true. I am scheduled to be on this ship in 3 weeks, leaving from Rome on 8/21/2017. If it were true, I would have been certainly been notified by Celebrity by now.

Huh? The PP stated the drydock was in January, what does this have to do with your cruise in 3 weeks?

• 4 weeks later...

We will be sailing on her in March 2018, our first time on Celebrity. After sailing on Allure, Oasis, Anthem and Harmony I have been spoiled with the Voom Internet. I've heard the Xcelerate on Reflection is slow and expensive. It would be nice if during the January 2018 dry dock if they upgraded the internet to the Voom system. :cool:

We will be sailing on her in March 2018, our first time on Celebrity. After sailing on Allure, Oasis, Anthem and Harmony I have been spoiled with the Voom Internet. I've heard the Xcelerate on Reflection is slow and expensive. It would be nice if during the January 2018 dry dock if they upgraded the internet to the Voom system. :cool:

We had no issues with the Internet on the April transatlantic. We were able to do Facebook Live and stream videos in YouTube etc. whilst in the middle of nowhere without any issue.

• 2 weeks later...