Just returned from RF 10 Night Italy/Greek Cruises...questions?

russg140

I don't suppose you noticed if they had any "X-Rated" vodka on board ? (bright orange) - you can't buy it in the U.K. And my wife took a liking to it last year on Connie from Barclelona - we're due to join the cruise on the same itinary on the 30th

What were the shows like? Was there a lot of kids onboard? I will be sailing on the same itinerary as you on August 11th and we're a large group with kids.

Hey Calgarian747...we are also on the cruise sailing August 11th. We have a pretty good roll call going. Feel free to join us [emoji4]

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2318329

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How did you get to the port in Civitavicchea?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I am just back from this cruise also, getting to and from Civitavecchia was a bit of a nightmare tbh, 2 taxis cost us €240 which to us was very expensive and more than our flights cost one way from Dublin!

I don't think I would do a cruise from Civi again, but the cruise was great!

Night life was very disappointing though, we are in our mid 30's and found we were one of the only ones in the sky lounge each night around 1130, now that is not late to us and we expected more of a party atmosphere at night.

What were the shows like? Was there a lot of kids onboard? I will be sailing on the same itinerary as you on August 11th and we're a large group with kids.

Shows were great, really surprised by them I wasn't expecting much at all but we both really enjoyed them each night. There was 220 kids on board afaik.

I don't suppose you noticed if they had any "X-Rated" vodka on board ? (bright orange) - you can't buy it in the U.K. And my wife took a liking to it last year on Connie from Barclelona - we're due to join the cruise on the same itinary on the 30th

No. They had a ton at the Martini Bar but didn't see that one.

There were a lot of kids, so yours should be happy. Didn't see any of the shows and there wasn't a lot of promotion for them. Don't know what that means.

We are doing that itinerary in a little over a week. Please let me know anything you loved about the ship and anything special you liked about the ports.

UGH! That's a lot. We loved every port and did our own excursions. Each port was great for a different reason. If you can be more specific about what you like, maybe I can help.

I hope you had a great time. We sail on June 30th. How did you handle your excursions? And did you do them independently?

We booked all of our excursions independently. There was NEVER an issue of getting back on time.

From Rome our VRBO host booked a car service. It was perfect. They actually also picked us up to take us to the airport after the cruise.

Just curious what time your flights were and how long it took you to get to the airport. Our flights are at 11:50.

My flight from FCO was at 11:15. I booked Celebrity transfer. My departure from the ship was 6:45 a.m. and I was at the airport in plenty of time. Be aware that the walk from check in to the gate at FCO can be VERY long, so allow extra time for that and don't dawdle in the shops.

I am just back from this cruise also, getting to and from Civitavecchia was a bit of a nightmare tbh, 2 taxis cost us €240 which to us was very expensive and more than our flights cost one way from Dublin!

I don't think I would do a cruise from Civi again, but the cruise was great!

Night life was very disappointing though, we are in our mid 30's and found we were one of the only ones in the sky lounge each night around 1130, now that is not late to us and we expected more of a party atmosphere at night.

There are many companies that take you to and from Civi. Usually if you take a taxi it is very expensive. I always use R(capital of Italy) C(another name for a taxi.) They are reasonable and very dependable.

I am doing this same cruise for the second time next year and have my hotel and RC booked. My price is 70 Euros from the airport to Civi in a luxury vehicle. However, we will take a taxi to the train station in Civi, as we are traveling to Cinque Terre after our cruise...

Yes, the night life, especially when you are younger, is not what you are use to. Glad you enjoyed the cruise though, as We loved it 7 years ago and are doing it again with friends...

Edited by Lastdance

There are many companies that take you to and from Civi. Usually if you take a taxi it is very expensive. I always use R(capital of Italy) C(another name for a taxi.) They are reasonable and very dependable.

I am doing this same cruise for the second time next year and have my hotel and RC booked. My price is 70 Euros from the airport to Civi in a luxury vehicle. However, we will take a taxi to the train station in Civi, as we are traveling to Cinque Terre after our cruise...

Yes, the night life, especially when you are younger, is not what you are use to. Glad you enjoyed the cruise though, as We loved it 7 years ago and are doing it again with friends...

Our VRBO Host booked a van and we were glad for it. 5 people with 5 large bags and carry on's - total came to 150Euros plus tip. There are so many ways to skin the cat that I wouldn't rule out departing from Civitavecchia based on the price of ground transportation.

Hi, I am on this cruise in a few weeks and have so many questions!!!

- did anyone attempt to do both Positano and Capri in the one day that you know of?

- drinks package - any reduction in price when on board?

- is it easy enough to get a sun lounge near the pool?

- best venue for breakfast MDR or buffet?

- on the chic nights, how dressed up were people? I am travelling for almost two months and just don't have room for evening clothes.

- options in Santorini if not on tour (I.e. How long did it take to get a tender and just how bad we're the queues for the cable car both up and down?)

- in Mykonos, did the ship use tenders?

- what were some of the highlights both on the ship and in ports for you?

- things not to miss?

Thanks so much for your help.

Sue