Carnival Legend question

joanskid

For those who have done Alaska on the Carnival Legend...

Since it stays light so late in Alaska, do they leave the curtains open in the MDR for dinner?

If you are lucky enought to get a table by the windows, do you have nice views?

For those who have done Alaska on the Carnival Legend...

Since it stays light so late in Alaska, do they leave the curtains open in the MDR for dinner?

If you are lucky enought to get a table by the windows, do you have nice views?

Yes, they leave them open. I'm not sure about the views, as we didn't sit at a table close by, but I could look out across the dining room at 9:30 and see mountains through them.

• 10 months later...

Small problem though but it happens all the time: Folks want a window seat. So they book early or in the case of the MDR get one for the cruise. After being seated they demand the curtains be pulled. Meaning, anybody close by who thought they might dine, while viewing the ocean or scenic beauty, are greatly disappointed.

However, it doesn't stop there, some guests get the window seat and allow the shades to remain open, however other guests, sometimes those 30 or 40 feet away, ask the waiters to pull the blinds down. Almost always, the reason for this is that some folks don't like the sun on their dining tables. This is really true in Alaska late in the afternoon, as the sun is low on the horizon when rays parallel the surface. We had that occur on one of our last cruises in the specialty restaurant, the waiter asked if he could pull our shades down, so we couldn't see the beautiful evening sunset from our table. WHAT?? He pointed to a couple many tables away that said the sun bothered them. I can't repeat here now how I responded. Anyway, stuff like that doesn't really help one enjoy the vistas and dinner atmosphere very much.

Not on an Alaska cruise, but Carnival recently had a huge fight in the MDR after the waiter tried to pull the curtains, at another tables request and those next to the window objected.

Small problem though but it happens all the time: Folks want a window seat. So they book early or in the case of the MDR get one for the cruise. After being seated they demand the curtains be pulled. Meaning, anybody close by who thought they might dine, while viewing the ocean or scenic beauty, are greatly disappointed.

However, it doesn't stop there, some guests get the window seat and allow the shades to remain open, however other guests, sometimes those 30 or 40 feet away, ask the waiters to pull the blinds down. Almost always, the reason for this is that some folks don't like the sun on their dining tables. This is really true in Alaska late in the afternoon, as the sun is low on the horizon when rays parallel the surface. We had that occur on one of our last cruises in the specialty restaurant, the waiter asked if he could pull our shades down, so we couldn't see the beautiful evening sunset from our table. WHAT?? He pointed to a couple many tables away that said the sun bothered them. I can't repeat here now how I responded. Anyway, stuff like that doesn't really help one enjoy the vistas and dinner atmosphere very much.

Not on an Alaska cruise, but Carnival recently had a huge fight in the MDR after the waiter tried to pull the curtains, at another tables request and those next to the window objected.

That's why I always take my sunglasses to the dining room in the mornings and my first evening at dinner... My eyes are incredibly sensitive to light, and just in case the sun is bothering me, I am not going to be the reason other people can't enjoy the amazing views.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Forums mobile app