Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CrusinCyndi

Thermal Suite & Thalassotherapy Pool

Recommended Posts

Has anyone found that purchasing the weekly pass in advance saves you any money? Will be on the Splendor and have read really good things about the spa but wondered if a couples pass while on board is a better deal. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We are addicted to the Cloud 9 spa....we don't really like to cruise the ships that don't have it....go for it - you'll really enjoy it!

What time do the spa open and close??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This!

 

 

 

 

We are spa junkies too. We usually book a spa balcony or suite so we can enjoy some of the extras the spa has to offer. I got a cold 4 days in to our last 8 day cruise. The steam room w/ the Eucalyptus was a god send when I was congested! Love the stone loungers too! Although, I can say that sometimes it is so crowded in there that you can't get a spot for hours ... or, if you are a couple together, you can't get a spot side/side.

We don't use the hot tub (people soup) and only once used the pool, which was very nice and relaxing. I have a hard time w/ hot tubs and pools given a few cruises back during the Love & Marriage show where the newlywed couple on the boat confessed to having sex in the hot tub a few days before. Uh, no. :eek: Just can't do it ... no matter how many chemicals you put in it. Sry.

Having sex in the hot tub???? DAYUM........... Must have been swingers!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We booked a spa interior this go round so we could get back to the suites. I love it. It's very relaxing and I feel like I get my skin cleared up and some of the aches and pains gone, and the hot tub will clear up blisters really quick. Now, we found that the drink package and the spa don't mix. Too much alcohol and trying to detox just makes you ill. We don't mix with the drink package by itself, can't drink that much. Sometimes, because you want to participate in things around the ship, but also want to get your money's worth out of the spa, you can be pulled in two directions. But, it you aren't a big drinker and want to spend time relaxing I'd say its well worth it.

 

 

 

I find it concerning that you use that hot tub to clear your blisters!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have to schedule times to use the THERMAL SUITE AND THALASSOTHERAPY pools or they open all day long first come basis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nerkbuck said:

Do you have to schedule times to use the THERMAL SUITE AND THALASSOTHERAPY pools or they open all day long first come basis?

 

Assuming you have a spa cabin or a spa pass you can come and go as you please.  It shuts down every night.  Sorry but I don't remember opening and closing times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 2:14 PM, bury me at sea said:

 

Assuming you have a spa cabin or a spa pass you can come and go as you please.  It shuts down every night.  Sorry but I don't remember opening and closing times.

 

The spa/gym, etc is open from 8:00 to 10:00 daily.

If you are not in a spa cabin, you must purchase a pass for the cruise that allows access to the other spa features, thalossotherapy pool, thermal suites, etc.  *They do sell out QUICK on embarkation day.  Some have said they offer them online prior to the cruise, but I've never seen that offered.  You do not have to have an appointment, but keep in mind that it kind sometimes get VERY crowded in these areas/rooms and it's not always easy to find a place to relax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, auscgguysgirl said:

Some have said they offer them online prior to the cruise, but I've never seen that offered.

I purchased this pass months in advance for our upcoming February Cruise. There are single passes or slightly discounted couples passes available mixed in with all of the other spa treatments that you can purchase in your cruise manager section of the website.

Edited by bbtbear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bbtbear said:

I purchased this pass months in advance for our upcoming February Cruise. There are single passes or slightly discounted couples passes available mixed in with all of the other spa treatments that you can purchase in your cruise manager section of the website.

 

It must be ship specific and we haven't sailed on one that it is available ... believe me ~ we've looked. What ship are you on? ... Just curious.  I've currently reviewed every available pre-purchase spa package on all of our upcoming sailings that we are not already in a spa cabin and it isn't available.  *shrug*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, auscgguysgirl said:

 

It must be ship specific and we haven't sailed on one that it is available ... believe me ~ we've looked. What ship are you on? ... Just curious.  I've currently reviewed every available pre-purchase spa package on all of our upcoming sailings that we are not already in a spa cabin and it isn't available.  *shrug*

 

We purchased our Couples Spa Pass for our upcoming Splendor Hawaii cruise in April about a year ago when there was a 20% off sale which saved us over $80. Spa passes are only sold on ships (and online), that have a Cloud 9 Spa. :classic_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

 

We purchased our Couples Spa Pass for our upcoming Splendor Hawaii cruise in April about a year ago when there was a 20% off sale which saved us over $80. Spa passes are only sold on ships (and online), that have a Cloud 9 Spa. :classic_cool:

 

We just came off the Splendor 14 days to Hawaii in December.  We were in a spa balcony cabin so I did not look for this one.  Have you done Hawaii before?  Been on the Splendor?

 

I am on a girls trip on the Miracle in April and it does not have a Cloud 9.

 

We have a B2B later this year on the Sunrise (formerly the Triumph) so spa treatments are not yet available as the Cloud 9 is being upgraded/added to this ship during dry dock.  I will look for it to be added as we are in an OS cabin for this B2B.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, auscgguysgirl said:

 

We just came off the Splendor 14 days to Hawaii in December.  We were in a spa balcony cabin so I did not look for this one.  Have you done Hawaii before?  Been on the Splendor?

 

I am on a girls trip on the Miracle in April and it does not have a Cloud 9.

 

We have a B2B later this year on the Sunrise (formerly the Triumph) so spa treatments are not yet available as the Cloud 9 is being upgraded/added to this ship during dry dock.  I will look for it to be added as we are in an OS cabin for this B2B.  Thanks.

 

Did you have a nice trip?  We have not sailed to Hawaii before, but have been on the Splendor three times. It has my favorite Cloud 9 Spa.

We also have a B2B on the Sunrise this September. If they do the Cloud 9 Spa like they did it on the Sunshine it will not include a T-Pool. They will sell spa passes but they will be cheaper than those ships that have the T-Pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2017 at 4:07 PM, CrusinCyndi said:

We will be sailing on the Dream end of July. DH and I are looking into getting the 7 day pass for the Thermal Suite & Thalassotherapy Pool.

 

Please tell me the pros and cons of purchasing this package.

 

Thanks !

I also especially enjoyed the T-pool on the Splendor.  We ended up getting a Cloud 9 Spa room that was cheaper than buying the pass.  I loved the lotions and special features of the spa rooms.  We were very close to the Spa and dining on the Splendor.  Would do it again in a minute. My sister and I felt very pampered by the Spa services.  I am disappointed that the Vista  does not have the T-pool on it.  It's a lot quieter than the hot tub and is just a comforting feature.  I hope you enjoy it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jamman54 said:

 

Did you have a nice trip?  We have not sailed to Hawaii before, but have been on the Splendor three times. It has my favorite Cloud 9 Spa.

We also have a B2B on the Sunrise this September. If they do the Cloud 9 Spa like they did it on the Sunshine it will not include a T-Pool. They will sell spa passes but they will be cheaper than those ships that have the T-Pool.

 

We had a great trip, thanks for asking!  I will tell you that crossing the Pacific was very rough - probably some of the worst seas we have encountered.  It was much calmer coming back, but be prepared.  I loved the retractable roof on the Splendor which made it nice as it was colder crossing the Pacific and the pool area was still usable (we don't do people soup ... lol) but you could still watch the movies, etc.

 

I did enjoy the spa on this ship, but the TPool was closed 7 out of our 14 days b/c the water was so rough, as was the regular pool.  The pink disco records/donuts ... lol ... were interesting, but overall I really loved the decor on the ship!  I think the spa we've enjoyed the most so far has been the Vista.

 

You say you are on the Sunrise in September?  What is your itinerary?  We're doing Bermuda from NY 09/16 and then B2B NE & Canada from NY on 09/22.  Maybe we'll see you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, auscgguysgirl said:

 

We had a great trip, thanks for asking!  I will tell you that crossing the Pacific was very rough - probably some of the worst seas we have encountered.  It was much calmer coming back, but be prepared.  I loved the retractable roof on the Splendor which made it nice as it was colder crossing the Pacific and the pool area was still usable (we don't do people soup ... lol) but you could still watch the movies, etc.

 

I did enjoy the spa on this ship, but the TPool was closed 7 out of our 14 days b/c the water was so rough, as was the regular pool.  The pink disco records/donuts ... lol ... were interesting, but overall I really loved the decor on the ship!  I think the spa we've enjoyed the most so far has been the Vista.

 

You say you are on the Sunrise in September?  What is your itinerary?  We're doing Bermuda from NY 09/16 and then B2B NE & Canada from NY on 09/22.  Maybe we'll see you!

 

We are doing the exact same B2B. See you at the Red Frog Rum Bar! :classic_biggrin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, auscgguysgirl said:

 

It must be ship specific and we haven't sailed on one that it is available ... believe me ~ we've looked. What ship are you on? ... Just curious.  I've currently reviewed every available pre-purchase spa package on all of our upcoming sailings that we are not already in a spa cabin and it isn't available.  *shrug*

We're sailing on the Dream and it does have a Cloud 9 spa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just on the Vista and it does have a T-Pool.  Quite lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Iggipolka said:

I was just on the Vista and it does have a T-Pool.  Quite lovely.

 

Vista doesn’t have a thalassotherapy pool. It only has a hot tub in the thermal suite area where the heated lounge chairs are located. The only ships that have the thalassotherapy pool are Dream class ships and Splendor. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 8:50 AM, bbtbear said:

We're sailing on the Dream and it does have a Cloud 9 spa.

 

 

 

Yes, the Dream has a Cloud 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We bought the spa package on the Magic last year and LOVED it.  Even my husband who shies away from hot tubs thoroughly enjoyed the Tpool.  We liked it so much we booked a spa balcony on the Breeze for our upcoming cruise in October. We choose the Panorama deck because those balconies have covers on them so we can't be seen by those on the decks above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2017 at 9:44 PM, Lydia B. said:

Has anyone found that purchasing the weekly pass in advance saves you any money? Will be on the Splendor and have read really good things about the spa but wondered if a couples pass while on board is a better deal. Thanks.

 

Yes. Purchase a couples pass in advance when there is a Spa sale going on. Bought one on Dream for 20% off the normal couples price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just booked a Breeze cruise in 2020, only our 2nd cruise ever. I got us a spa balcony and we are super stoked about using the spa! We are both sun worshippers and don't mind a good party and a bunch of drinks... but we both love to relax in a quiet environment also. We both work very stressful jobs, and my wife and I both have back problems.... so we can't wait to switch off and lounge on those heated chairs and try out the T-pool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I could really benefit using the spa services as I’m going to be in recovery mode from back surgery.  I’ll be sailing 5/2020 on the Panorama.  While I love Cabo, I think tendering on/off the ship may be a issue thus thinking I should just book a spa day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...