NRD & Booking on Board

DP

Under old system when a cruise is booked onboard for a regular cabin (no suites) the deposit was $50/pp. What will the new deposit amount be since if it remains at $50/pp with a lower fare it's a no-brainer to book NRD with lower fare.

it remains at $50/pp with a lower fare it's a no-brainer to book NRD with lower fare.

Not if you want the flexibility to move it around. Folks may rather have the flexibility to move the booking and don't care too much about the deposit amount. I see no reason for the deposit amounts to change.

We will see how this plays out. Supposedly nothing there is going to change

So if you took the instant OBC, I guess you could book several cruises that you were looking at, get the lower rate for the NRD and then cancel the others later and since you took the instant OBC then it really is a wash on the deposit.

So if you took the instant OBC, I guess you could book several cruises that you were looking at, get the lower rate for the NRD and then cancel the others later and since you took the instant OBC then it really is a wash on the deposit.

Except for suites, right? Unless something has changed, the last time we priced out a suite onboard, they wanted a $500 deposit for $200 OBC.

And because of this, I'm not sure the "place maker cruise" issue will be affected much in the "regular" cabin category.

I'll have to make sure that my first non refundable booking is an on board booking that has only the $50 deposit at least if (or when) I change I won't lose $200:halo:

You are getting a reduced deposit. The penalty will most likely be based on the normal full deposit and you will still get hit for the $200.

-Tim-

Edited by later

You are getting a reduced deposit. The penalty will most likely be based on the normal full deposit and you will still get hit for the $200.

-Tim-

How are you going to get hit? You've only given them $50 (Ellen's example above). It's not like they con come after you for money that you haven't given them.

After final payment then yes but then you will lose more than the deposit but not before final payment.