Asking steward for a foot stool in a veranda balcony cabin

Lorey2007

OMG I can't believe some of the postings on this thread. We've got everything from people threatening to steal footstools from other areas if they don't get them, to people worrying about what happens if their footstool breaks and they can't get another one because it might have been given to someone who hadn't paid for it. Wow. And I thought dress code threads could get heated.

So what the heck, I'll throw in my two cents. I see nothing wrong with politely (key word - politely) asking for one and if the answer is no I will make sure the room steward knows I understand and do not blame him/her. The cruise line is responsible for making sure everyone who 'deserves' one gets one, so I will expect them to be responsible to make sure they have a few as back-up in case someone's breaks.

I will choose to define 'fair' as expecting what I paid for, and being grateful if I ask for something beyond that and am granted it, and gracious if denied. I will not fear being unfair by asking for a specialty restaurant discount because the person at the table next to me may have paid full price. I will not fear being unfair because my TA gave me $150 OBC and you got none because you choose to book direct. I will not fear being unfair because I booked 9 months ago and got 3 perks for a certain price and you just booked and got the same type cabin for the same price with only one perk. I will not send a stink eye towards my neighbor who didn't realize balcony cabins had no footstool and so asked the room steward for one to rest his injured leg on. I will be considerate, I will be polite, I will thoroughly enjoy my cruise and thank God that I am able to be there, and I will worry about my own business and not others. The end

(y)(y)(y)

Do you think there is a big warehouse with all this extra furniture on it? If you want these things, fork up the money and pay for a suite.

I'm very sorry, it must be terribly frustrating when you interact with those of us in steerage.

Do you think there is a big warehouse with all this extra furniture on it? If you want these things, fork up the money and pay for a suite.

I don't worry whether or not there is , that's for Celebrity to manage, but with over a 1000 cabins, restaurants, bars etc I suspect they've got some spares.

I'm very sorry, it must be terribly frustrating when you interact with those of us in steerage.

I've never had a footstool or linger on my balcony. I don't expect one, because I'm not entitled to one. I would never request one either.

I've never had a footstool or linger on my balcony. I don't expect one, because I'm not entitled to one. I would never request one either.

That's your choice, but there's no need to denigrate those who choose to enquire about the possibility of getting one.

There are a number of posters here who always respond to a "there wasn't..... I didn't get....... I wish they " sort of complaint with "Did you ask/inquire about it when onboard/immediately?"

If there is something that may make your cruise better just ask if it is possible. Maybe they can do something maybe not. Celebrity wants it's customers to enjoy their cruise.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

aeb25e21a2ee1e9639a68b68b1110ec35a34ca7938caa79c0f3315cdfc79036a.jpg

I think the OP's question was answered way back on page one or so. Yes, you can ask for a foot stool. Some posters say even though you can ask, you shouldn't, while other posters say go ahead. Has anyone from either side changed their opinion in the following pages? I don't think so. And I don't think anyone will ever change their opinion even if this thread reaches 1,000 posts.

To borrow a line from the Borg from Star Trek (almost) ....... "Persistence is Futile.";)

On to the next................

Has anyone from either side changed their opinion in the following pages? I don't think so. And I don't think anyone will ever change their opinion even if this thread reaches 1,000 posts.

To borrow a line from the Borg from Star Trek (almost) ....... "Persistence is Futile.";)

On to the next................

Oh, it's definitely made me change my mind. I'm already writing my list of all my added requests to ask our stateroom attendant for in a couple of weeks time ;). I'll mention it to our travelling companions too, so that's another couple of cabins. Even though we're only in a regular balcony, I've be given a few pointers on this thread of items to request that usually fall into the other more expensive categories. :') And I can exchange a few extra dollars ready to hand over upfront - obviously not for a bribe :D. Now what's that saying, 'What's good for the goose is good for the gander' ;p? I'll update my success on our return :p.

If I am on a cruise and there is something I perceive that will make my cruise better I will ask. If it is supplied then great, if not I continue on with out disappointment. My last (first) cruise on Celebrity was in CC. My next is in Aqua (Equinox) so I should have a foot stool.

I find it funny that things like " asking for something you don't deserve" are said. Kind of like telling someone to go be poor some place else.

If I am in CC and some one in a standard veranda gets a foot stool it will in no way impact my enjoyment of the cruise.

That's your choice, but there's no need to denigrate those who choose to enquire about the possibility of getting one.

Well I don't agree. I think there is a down side and I would never do it, as would others who have expressed the same opinion. And, I have not read any response to convince me otherwise.

Well I don't agree. I think there is a down side and I would never do it, as would others who have expressed the same opinion. And, I have not read any response to convince me otherwise.

You might want to come down from the Moral High-ground occasionally. Outlook is much nicer down here - warmer, calmer, brighter, and lot less hot air. We are obviously less perfect than up there where you are, but it's a reasonable trade-off.

Fish Lover, think you may have missed Fouremcos point. Many of your posts aren't adding value, they are indeed denigrating to people you have responded to. Many travelers like me, who don't have a lot of cruise experience under their belts ( more a land vacation guy) come here to learn about cruise information. Your responses are often mean spirited, and make people uncomfortable. We are fortunate people who are able to enjoy things like cruises, vacations etc. There's enough stress in the world without making whats supposed to be a pleasurable experience ( reading cruise critic) , become a misery. I looked back at some of your posts ( you put them on line, they are fair game to quote) on multiple topics. I didn't have to go back very far to see a pattern of denigration to others. Here are, in your own words ,a few examples:

• I hope you never are forced to remove your rose colored glasses
  • I guess I missed the sarcastic tone in his voice...
  • I specifically said that there was no judgment on my part. Your assessment of older passengers and immune systems is just incorrect. Your assumptions are ludicrous.
  • I think you are over reacting and taking things far too literally.
  • The fact you felt it necessary to comment on my use of the word, indicates you knew exactly the context in which I meant it. Further...I passed no judgment whatever.
  • Reading comprehension is apparently not your greatest strength. This also applies to the other thread you mentioned, if you indeed read every post.
  • Nobody said that. Your taking select statements out of context. Overly sensitive.
  • Well....if you aren't excited about the prospect of a nice long cruise to an exotic place, with others you know/love/are fond of, then you should cancel. Honestly, what kind of question is that?
  • You obviously don't understand the concept behind boycotting.

I do hope, for the sake of all of us, that we can get back on track and make this forum about information not a place to mock others.

I agree...As the saying goes can't take the heat.......

Fish Lover, think you may have missed Fouremcos point. Many of your posts aren't adding value, they are indeed denigrating to people you have responded to. Many travelers like me, who don't have a lot of cruise experience under their belts ( more a land vacation guy) come here to learn about cruise information. Your responses are often mean spirited, and make people uncomfortable. We are fortunate people who are able to enjoy things like cruises, vacations etc. There's enough stress in the world without making whats supposed to be a pleasurable experience ( reading cruise critic) , become a misery. I looked back at some of your posts ( you put them on line, they are fair game to quote) on multiple topics. I didn't have to go back very far to see a pattern of denigration to others. Here are, in your own words ,a few examples:

• I specifically said that there was no judgment on my part. Your assessment of older passengers and immune systems is just incorrect. Your assumptions are ludicrous.
  • The fact you felt it necessary to comment on my use of the word, indicates you knew exactly the context in which I meant it. Further...I passed no judgment whatever.
  • Reading comprehension is apparently not your greatest strength. This also applies to the other thread you mentioned, if you indeed read every post.
  • Nobody said that. Your taking select statements out of context. Overly sensitive.
  • Well....if you aren't excited about the prospect of a nice long cruise to an exotic place, with others you know/love/are fond of, then you should cancel. Honestly, what kind of question is that?

I do hope, for the sake of all of us, that we can get back on track and make this forum about information not a place to mock others.

Very well said. My thought exactly, and from the various responses to Fishie from many others on this post and other posts we are not alone. Why Fishie puts such effort in being unkind and even nasty to posters you don't even know is beyond me.

Well it is indeed unfortunate that you have taken my comments out of context of the threads they were written in. You also don't seem to have taken note of the horrible and undeserved personal comments I have received. Therefore, your scolding is rather baseless. And really, how is it that you have taken upon yourself to speak for everyone? Was there an election I missed?

I absolutely can express contrary opinions. If you, or anyone else, comes back at me with snide, disrespectful, or insulting responses.... expect the same in return. I almost never throw the first volley.

Thank you for suggesting that..We'll be on or first Celebrity cruise over Christmas with Friends & just ordered two small cushions each with a small foot pump for my Friends DH & myself from Amazon.. Both of us try to keep our feet up when we are sitting down..If he likes it I'll get two more for his wife & my DH..They were only $7.99 each.. :D

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XH2T7XH/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't go wrong at that price & like that they come with small foot pumps..

Edited by serendipity1499

I think the balconies on M class ships are smaller.

On a cruise, it is very clear what you are getting in terms of furniture with your chosen cabin.

It is disgraceful that your sense of entitlement gives you the impression that you are somehow privileged and should get "more" for free and just because you asked....... You should be ashamed. And no amount of smilies makes it acceptable...

As you have preciously stated it's very clear what furniture we get, So, does that mean someone who has previously had a footstool in a Concierge Class on an S class ship might reasonably expect to get one in a Concierge Cabin on an M Class and therefore is allowed to inquire about a foot stool if they find them absent. Others seem less wise on subtleties of furniture allowances than you claim to be. Most people clearly don't wish to face "disgrace" or be "ashamed" for simply asking (not demanding). I might have missed it but I can't find mention of footstools on Celebrity's website for Concierge Cabins even for S class. https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

Seriously, you wonder why people have called you out when you use disproportionate rude inflammatory language like this. If you wandered into a bar and berated strangers like this, would you'd be moaning about the unfairness of it all in the ambulance later?

Edited by DYKWIA

S class AQ and CC balconies 54 sq ft

M class AQ and CC balconies 41/42 sq ft

I guess that answers my question

It doesn't really. S class is pretty standard with a few exceptions. M class AQ & CC balconies vary widely in size. That's one of the interesting features of those ships. Those new AQ balconies on deck 11 on the side are tiny. No way there's room for a footstool. But I've had footstools in a corner FOV on M class, which is neither AQ or CC. So, as usual, Celebrity is being consistently inconsistent. And that is why I see no problem asking politely if my cabin attendant might find me a footstool.