Which ship has the best nursery and kids' programs?

We took our granddaughter, then 7years old, on Allure of the Seas. She absolutely loved the kids program. As we recall, there were several age-specific groups, with separate rooms. They had a kid's mini circus as well as a parade with the onboard characters. When you sign up you list the folks who are authorized to pick up the kids, and they are not released to others. There are a couple time sessions each day. Sometimes the group goes to a meal together if they want. I assume the facilities will be similar on any of the Oasis class ships.

We've used the nursery on Allure (twice), Oasis and Brilliance. All exceeded our expectations. We would not hesitate to use any of the nurseries or Adventure Ocean facilities on any Royal Caribbean ship.

Obviously, for a kid, Oasis class and probably Liberty and Adventure too now, have the most to offer children at that age. So much to do for them on those ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been on Radiance and Liberty (twice). All were great and had a good experience in AO but on Radiance the older kids were grouped together for 1 big group. Liberty had nice big spaces for each and a great kids water area. There were water slides on Liberty (there are height restrictions but my 6 yo could go on both slides this year but she was too small for the bigger slide last year). Probably the best thing for you with the 1.5 yo is the toddler water area (no swim diapers allowed in any pool except the toddler area). So I'd look for ships with those (Liberty, Adventure (I think), Harmony). Not sure of what other ships may have it. The AO is similar on all those ships and overall a great program.

FYI-

Dedicated nursery

At our colorful Royal Babies & TotsSM Nursery, littlest guests (ages 6-36 months) are cared for by trained professionals while enjoying specially designed programs. Daytime and evening drop-off is offered; hourly fee of $6 in the daytime and $8 during the evening applies. (Nursery drop off not available on: Empress, Majesty, Jewel, Adventure, Explorer or Voyager of the Seas.)

We used the nursury and kids camp on the Allure. Our's (my grandchildren) were 8, 5, 2 and 1. The camp worked for the 5 & 8 year olds, and the nursury for the 2 year old. The 1 year old (really 9 months) was teething, and crying, so the nursury staff called the parents , asked them to come pick up the baby and take him out because he was bothering the other babies. They had planned on using the nursury again for an excursion and once at night, but after that changed their plans.

So, you could call our experience "mixed".

Trying to decide on a ship...we'll be sailing with a 1 1/2 year old, 4 year old, and 6 year old. In your experience, which ship had the best (or your favorite) nursery and kids' programs? Thanks!

Are you asking for a specific ship? All the ships have basically the same program. In my experience, it depends on the councilors in each ship and how your kid bonded with them that would make the experience either great, or just OK. Since the staff is constantly changing, and the make-up of each kid's club changes from cruise to cruise, it is a little hard pinpointing which one was best, and it might not be best for yours.

With that being said, we were always pleased throughout the years with the kid's clubs on RCCL. They are at the ages where, they won't notice the difference. They will be fine on any of the ships.