Help- need info on Conquest!

loveglory

My family is going on the Conquest for Spring Break and my cousin is less than thrilled about going. It will be his first cruise, and he "doesn't want to be stuck on a ship" for his vacation. I know he will love it once he gets there, but I want him to be excited about going.

I would like some feedback from people who went on the Conquest about the different things to do on board, particularly from kids and teens. Then I can send this to him!

Thanks!:D

For teens: Arcade, teen disco, 24-hour pizza and ice cream, waterslide. On our Conquest cruise there was a group of teens that seemed to be having a good time hanging together. (My 14 YO is a bit of a loner, so he didn't hang out with kids too much, but he enjoyed a few of the teen activities.) For younger kids, the Camp Carnival activities kept my 9 YO and 5 YO very busy and they made a lot of friends on board. 5 YO especially hated leaving Camp Carnival when it closed for breaks. Both of them came home with t-shirts they colored themselves as well as some gifts from Camp Carnival.

For adults, you can do as much or as little as you like. I was partial to the wine tastings and the trivia contests and enjoyed watching some of the other contests on the Lido deck. Wasn't interested in the art auctions. Tea time in Alfred's was very good and we liked listening to some of the (very diverse) music groups aboard.

Enjoy your cruise, and hope your cousin perks up!

We are also going on the Conquest for Spring Break and we will have our 13 year old son (and 14 yo daughter) with us. If it will help him maybe my son can talk to your cousin before the trip - he has cruised before and LOVES it so he would be a good "influence". There is tons to do for teens and it is so easy for them to make friends - we usually have to beg for a a few minutes of their attention! Let me know if we can help....

On our first cruise the whole family sailed. The nieces were 13 at the time. This age is tough coz these kids are too cool for any other person. Dont sweat teh small stuff --once onboard your cousin will have a great time. Teen metting the first night--make sure the cousin gets to that meeting. Tell him its mandatory if ya have to.

Loveglory, I think you are a great cousin to be so concerned and so smart to come here for advice and help. Especially wanting him to enjoy the anticipation of all the fun on the cruise. That's a big part of the fun, isn't it? I have a cruise in February, am going with friends, and we're always talking about how much fun we're going to have and are discussing all the excursions and which we'd like to do. Hope your cousin comes around.

I just returned from the Conquest over Thanksgiving. Here's some of the fun stuff:

*Carnival Golf Clinics, putting competition, private lessons

*Club O 2 (15-17 yrs)

*Sports Challenge

*The Amazing Race for families

*Tv theme trivia

*Mardi Gras Bingo

*Fitness Classes

*Deck Parties

*Water Slide

*Magic Shows, Las Vegas Style Shows, Talent Show, Comedy Shows

*Internet Cafe

*Video Arcade (each game is $1)