Outrageous price for Cabana on NCL Great Stirrup Cay?

mysterons

I wanted to rent a cabana on our upcoming cruise (Nov. 19 2017) on Great Stirrup Cay on NCL Breakaway.

They are asking 735$ Canadian, or approx 577 USD$ !!!

Does that sound right? What is the normal price?

The price for the cabana keep going up and up...and will continue to do so until folks refuse to pay those prices! I think it's ridiculous to pay that kind of money, when there are loungers everywhere...and trees for shade! Simply move a lounger where you want it, if it's not where you want it to start with!

I wanted to rent a cabana on our upcoming cruise (Nov. 19 2017) on Great Stirrup Cay on NCL Breakaway.

There is nothing outrageous about the price. You may not like it but if people are willing to pay it and think they are receiving value that is a good thing for NCL.

To answer the question the price of about $600 USD is pretty much what it always is, and considering what is included is not a bad deal.

There is nothing outrageous about the price. You may not like it but if people are willing to pay it and think they are receiving value that is a good thing for NCL.

To answer the question the price of about $600 USD is pretty much what it always is, and considering what is included is not a bad deal.

What better way is there to establish the price of a thing than to see what it will sell for? Of course people who do not put a high value on a thing will not pay the same price as those who do --- but no one tries to sell things to people who do not really want them, when there are people who are willing to pay what they are worth.

I personally do not think a cabana would be worth more than $50 to me--- that is why I will not pay several hundred for one. But when it comes time for me to sell my house, I will not try to sell it for the lowest price someone is willing to pay - I will try to sell it to the person who wants it enough to pay me what I want for it.

• 1 month later...

I rented an over the water cabana in Labadee on a Celebrity cruise and it was so worth it. It was $600 but we had 10 ppl in our group so the cost was defrayed quite a bit

I think it is outrageous, but I would never consider renting a cabana at any of the prices the cruise lines are charging. I understand why others would feel differently, but if is not worth my hard earned money. On the other hand, if I was shaing the cost with a lot of others, I may feel it was a better value.

• 1 month later...

The almost $600 was NOT worth the money. My husband and I got one since this trip was our honeymoon, and I thought it would be nice. Our cabana person who was supposed to take our drink orders never brought our drinks and disappeared for the rest of the day. We had to go get our drinks from the bar where we had to stand on line for 45 minutes and be yelled at by a rude bartender. Our food busser started hounding us every 5 minutes around 2:15. "Can i take those cheeses in the fridge?" "Are you done with the fruit? Can I take?" We weren't done and still had 2 hours and I told him so, but EVERY 5 MINUTES he'd return. I finally barked, "Just take all of it! We weren't finished and I've told you that 3 times, but TAKE IT."

There are plenty of loungers, a free buffet, and if your server disappears you'll be waiting at the bar for drinks. I may as well have lit that $600 on fire. Most of the cruise was a massive disappointment, but the private cabana was the biggest.