Cruise Critic Community
omarchs

Pre-book Coastal Kitchen?

Hi everyone, first time in a Suite on Royal. Should we pre-book dinner times in Coastal Kitchen on the Anthem or can you just walk in?

Was on the Anthem in a regular room before and you definitely needed to reserve dinner times in the My Time dining or you had long waits.

Hi everyone, first time in a Suite on Royal. Should we pre-book dinner times in Coastal Kitchen on the Anthem or can you just walk in?

Was on the Anthem in a regular room before and you definitely needed to reserve dinner times in the My Time dining or you had long waits.

Reservations are strongly suggested, and might be required. You can make arrangements with the Concierge pre-cruise.

You can make arrangements with the Concierge pre-cruise.

Assumming you can contact them and IF they respond:)

If you try to contact them (Concierge) more than 7 days out you get this...

Good Day,

Concierges communicate with Suite guests 7 days prior to their cruise via email through a Brio Report from the Head Office with the Suite Guests email address.

We do apologize for any inconvenience for not replying immediately as we are also assisting Suite Guests onboard. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

We do look forward to assist you on your upcoming cruise.

Hope all is well.

Federico Taylor

Suite Concierge | Oasis of The Seas

You do need to have reservations for coastal Kitchen. They are easy to make via the concierge or after you get on board. At one time Coastal Kitchen was one of the options on your pre-cruise planner, but it has since been taken off and all reservations need to be made on board. (At least the last time I talked with Royal, never know what difference a day makes)

After we board, have lunch we go to the concierge lounge---introduce ourselves, have a drink and make all our reservations.

But over the last 3 cruises on either Allure/Oasis, there were always tables available in CK when we dined there between 6-8.

But, not to chance it we always make dinner reservations for the day and time we want,

Enjoy

I am on Allure this week and it has not looked like they were booked fully most times. We did make reservations most nights. You could also order in room service from Coastal kitchen if it were booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can make all your dinning reservations for Coastal kitchen right on the website just as soon as dinning opens up. Usually 90 days before. You would not want to be disappointed by waiting until you are notified by the concierge.

Two cruises (Oasis & Allure) and never had an issue getting a table table in CK, not sure if the Anthem is different. We usually ate around 8:00 PM so that might be why. Usually we would go to SL for a cocktail and then ask what times were open in CK. Most times the answer was "whenever you're ready" or at most maybe a 20 min wait.

You can make all your dinning reservations for Coastal kitchen right on the website just as soon as dinning opens up. Usually 90 days before. You would not want to be disappointed by waiting until you are notified by the concierge.

You can't make CK reservations via your Cruise Planner.

You can't make CK reservations via your Cruise Planner.

I have already booked CK for next weeks cruise and my October/November back to back using my cruise planner.

I have already booked CK for next weeks cruise and my October/November back to back using my cruise planner.

I tried to book CK on our Aug 27 and Sept 3rd and its not listed as an option on my cruise planner. What am I doing wrong?

I tried to book CK on our Aug 27 and Sept 3rd and its not listed as an option on my cruise planner. What am I doing wrong?

Are you in a suite?

Yes, Owners Suite both cruises

Call the crown and anchor. They will book everything for you. I can't understand why it is not showing up on your cruise planner. I know the C&A are extremely helpful. Good luck. Post to let's us know if you were successful.

Same here! We're in a Grand Balcony Suite on Oasis. But Coastal Kitchen is not even available to choose for dining option. :confused::confused:

Called C&A. They told me that only Star Class can pre book CK using Cruise Planner. That my options for being in an Owners Suite (Sky Class) as far as pre booking goes is to work with the Concierge to get it done once he/she contacts us about the cruises.

O.k. That is crazy. I we are in a jr. Suite for October/November B2B and have booked all dinners. We are diamond + but that has absolutely nothing to do with Coastal kitchen. you can see from my cruise planner

Orlando (Port Canaveral)30 Oct 2017

12:00 PM

ARRIVAL

6:30 PM

-

8:30 PM

Coastal Kitchen

Maria Lustica

Slavko Lustica

9:30 PM

DEPARTURE

O.k. That is crazy. I we are in a jr. Suite for October/November B2B and have booked all dinners. We are diamond + but that has absolutely nothing to do with Coastal kitchen. you can see from my cruise planner

Orlando (Port Canaveral)30 Oct 2017

12:00 PM

ARRIVAL

6:30 PM

-

8:30 PM

Coastal Kitchen

Maria Lustica

Slavko Lustica

9:30 PM

DEPARTURE

I am glad that you were able to do this.

But it is doubly puzzling, both because others are saying that this is not available in their cruise planners, and because you are in a Junior Suite. JS are often only allowed in CK on a space available basis. (I know that they are "supposed to" be able to go to CK, but there are times when they are excluded)

Wondering how inconsistent this may be. Are there others booked in GS and above that are unable to pre book CK in their cruise planner?

Wondering how inconsistent this may be. Are there others booked in GS and above that are unable to pre book CK in their cruise planner?

Yup....this is so nuts!:mad:

I am glad that you were able to do this.

But it is doubly puzzling, both because others are saying that this is not available in their cruise planners, and because you are in a Junior Suite. JS are often only allowed in CK on a space available basis. (I know that they are "supposed to" be able to go to CK, but there are times when they are excluded)

I flip between jr. Suite and grand suit on the Anthem and have never been turned away. This is our 12th cruise on quantum class. We have always been welcomed into CK

I flip between jr. Suite and grand suit on the Anthem and have never been turned away. This is our 12th cruise on quantum class. We have always been welcomed into CK

The post was about pre-booking at a specific time. I'm fine with whoever they want to allow in just wondering why some have been able to pre-book, others not.

btw...is lunch in CK on embarkation day a sit down or buffet?

The post was about pre-booking at a specific time. I'm fine with whoever they want to allow in just wondering why some have been able to pre-book, others not.

btw...is lunch in CK on embarkation day a sit down or buffet?

It's never been in our cruise planner, but I have read on cc that it was in others, different sailings, same ship. Have never wondered about it as we just make the resi's after boarding, would not bother the C with something we can do ourselves.

Both, but can't speak for cruises that have not happened