Getting passport stamped in Costa Maya

Pccruisin

I'll be cruising to Cozumel and costa maya in November and really want a Mexican passport stamp does anyone know how and where I can get it stamped at in Costa Maya? All the posts I've read on here are quite a few years old I was wondering if anyone had recent information

But there is a custom clearance process that does check the cruise line listing of passengers and crew and cargo and clears the ship for debarkation. So yes you do not need a passport to enter Mexico, but you can get it stamped. Again, best to check with your ship's guest services desk and ask there for specific ports.

Some of the ports have little booths set up that advertise passport stamps for a small fee. I'm wanting to say it was just a few dollars. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
I'll be cruising to Cozumel and costa maya in November and really want a Mexican passport stamp does anyone know how and where I can get it stamped at in Costa Maya? All the posts I've read on here are quite a few years old I was wondering if anyone had recent information

In Cozumel the place to get stamped is upstairs in the same building that the RonJon Surf shop is in. If you look at RonJon, walk all the way to the left of it and climb the stairs to the top and that's where they stamp.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, danda0624 said:

Hi, did anyone find out where the 'official' passport stamp facility was/is in Costa Maya?

I know it is not required, my kids will be excited to get the stamp on their new passports!

Interested also.  I am pretty sure last time I was there I had to pay .50 or something for it.  But my daughter really wanted it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

Yes, we were there last summer. There was a person with a stamp at the entrance to the area as you leave or return from the ship. There was also a stamp at the large jewelry store in the shopping area. I don’t remember the name of the jewelry store but it is the one that the ship promotes. I am pretty sure there are several jewelry dealers there. 

On another note, this stop was our least favorite. It is not much more than overpriced tourist shops in a secure zone. I prefer stops with more local culture nearby. We did the ruins at Chacchoben, they are a ways off but one of the cultural experiences in the area. 

Wishing you all safe and fun travels!

David