Outlets on Ruby Princess??

Wabashmom

My sister and I are older and both wear CPAPS. We will have the beds separated in our cabin on the Ruby Princess. Can anyone tell me what kind of adapter we may have to bring so we can both plug our CPAPS in at the outlet between the beds? We were on the Regal Princess last year and didn't bring the right kind. Fortunately, the steward was able to find some kind of "boxy looking" adapter that went into whatever the wall outlet was. I'm not technical..would appreciate any and all pics and comments on this. thank you

I've been on the Ruby twice, including 2 months ago.

The outlet is at the desk/dresser. At the Princess website, look on the deck plan & cabin outline for your cabin & you'll see how the room is arranged.

The "block" outlet works well or a power strip (NO surge protector!). This is what I always take.

You may need a heavy duty extension cord (or 2) also.

Enjoy!

I did call Princess...the agent could not tell me specifically what was in the cabins on the Ruby. I thought that there was an outlet behind the headboards, but maybe that was just on the Regal. It's been awhile since I've been on this class of ships on Princess. Does anyone know what the outlets look like..the holes?

I've been on the Ruby twice, including 2 months ago.

The outlet is at the desk/dresser. At the Princess website, look on the deck plan & cabin outline for your cabin & you'll see how the room is arranged.

The "block" outlet works well or a power strip (NO surge protector!). This is what I always take.

You may need a heavy duty extension cord (or 2) also.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice..what is a block outlet? this sounds like what the guy may have brought us the last cruise on the Regal. It looked like it plugged into the wall and then we could plug our two cpaps into it. But what you are saying is that there are no outlets near the headboards at all...and we'd need to stretch cords along the floor to the beds. Do you know what the outlet on the ship looks like? Is it European or American? two hole, three hole?

Yes, American outlets.

Actually, I seem to recall that they're both. Anyone?

No, there are no outlets at or near the headboards. You will be able to run one ext. cord across the dresser to the first bed. Maybe run another across the dresser, behind the end table, along the wall to bed 2?

Best bet: ask your room steward the best way to do it. He may know of a plug behind bed 2 -- if there's a plug for the lamp.

Good luck!

What cabin type do you have? We had a Mini Suite and had at least one 110 outlet by the desk and one 110 outlet behind the TV.

Bring long cheap extension cords, the ones with three outlets on one end. Surge protector strips are a fire hazard onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have seen a photo of an OV on the Crown Princess (sister to Ruby): two US/North American type outlets with three holes, above the desk. But didn't rule out other outlets. Most queries on CC get told to ask for an approved power strip and/or extension cord(s) via ship services -- which is better to do before you sail, I think, as CPAP users seem to be getting more common!

I would follow through asking on the Princess board; likely someone with specific experience will see your question.