Bucket of beer Koningsdam

Buckets don't get the happy hour pricing, its single drinks whether cocktails or beers. Can't remember the price for buckets exactly, but I recall paying $25 or $26 for international beers last Sept. Local beers are a bit cheaper so $22 is likely close to the mark.

I've only ever bought buckets at the pool bars but believe they can be purchased at other bars.

Hi,

Can you buy a bucket of beer in teh ocean bar or the crown nest or only at the poolbar? Is it possible to buy them during happy hour? I found a price for a bucket of Corona 5 for 22$. Is this still the price? And the second bucket is then 2$ or 5x 2$.

tnx :):)

Here is the current beverage price list (scroll down for beets):

http://hthttp://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Spirits-and-Beer-for-Stateroom.pdftp://

i have bought buckets of beer at the happy hour price. i have not been on the kdam but all the other ships have had it as of nov.2016

So you can just ask for it during happy hours in the crown nest or ocean bar?because i only found i on the poolbar menu.

It s on full price and the second one is for 2 dollar?

i have bought buckets of beer at the happy hour price. i have not been on the kdam but all the other ships have had it as of nov.2016

Really??? You can get 5 beers for $2? I thought it was one drink +one only. Looking forward to our next cruise (on the Kdam) even more.

How many HAL ships have you been on since Nov 2016?

Edited by Nang

Thanks for posting that. My memory has failed again it seems and it is not "local"vs "international" beers but the size of the bottle/can that sets the price.

FYI, I agree in the past we paid $22.00-$26.00 for the bucket of beers on our cruises. Last September on our Med cruise we had the explorer 4 package so never checked the bucket price.

Was doing check in online with our next cruise and there bucket of beers were $40.00 to order on line. We have all the perks again so did not check any further.

The beer that was shown was Budweiser!

Denise:)

Sorry guys I have been trying to send the photo of the bucket of beer Budweiser for $40.00. It is a six pack. Maybe for our cruise in March 2018 prices are going up!

Sorry I could. It deliver pic! Too frustrating on my IPhone!

Denise :) a

• 2 years later...
48 minutes ago, kcdd said:

Do they take the beer tops off when ordered?

The last time I got the bucket of beer they took off only the amount of caps I asked them to.  I drank a couple then took the rest unopened (in the bucket with ice) back to my cabin.

~Nancy

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, michaellasdad said:

I have no clue I was just trying to find out a price

A bucket contains 5 beers and is $29 for 12oz and 30 for 16oz plus 15%service charge - for the smaller beers it is about a $1 off per bottle while for the 16OZ its a bit better and close to 1 free beer.

Happy hours its buy get next one for $2 (plus 15%)

The most up to date prices I know of are in http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Ocean-Bar-Menu.pdf - don't forget to add 15%

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

The last time I got the bucket of beer they took off only the amount of caps I asked them to.  I drank a couple then took the rest unopened (in the bucket with ice) back to my cabin.

~Nancy

That's true.  I always pack a small bottle opener in my luggage for opening bottles while I'm in the cabin.

2 hours ago, jwh said:

Can the bucket of beer be any type of beer?  e.g. can i buy 5 Corona's ?

Yes, on our Med cruise on the Oosterdam, we purchased a bucket of five coronas during happy hour and received a second bucket for $10 (5 beers * $2/beer) plus 15% gratuity.

They were also kind enough to ask how many tops we wanted to remove. Our cabin had a wine bottle opener, which included a bottle opener. 

We loved HAL happy hour!!! And we got great service! Enjoy!

16 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Yes, on our Med cruise on the Oosterdam, we purchased a bucket of five coronas during happy hour and received a second bucket for $10 (5 beers * $2/beer) plus 15% gratuity.

They were also kind enough to ask how many tops we wanted to remove. Our cabin had a wine bottle opener, which included a bottle opener. 

We loved HAL happy hour!!! And we got great service! Enjoy!

Exactly the same our experience several weeks ago on the Nieuw Amsterdam happy hours and we were able to mix and match.