Transferring a booking to a travel agent

esper10

hi all again. I just wrote so much and didn't know I went against the rules so I will try again and watch my words. I have a booking made on 4/11/2017 using a future cruise certificate. My booking also has a pre paid tips as a promotions and some $$ from princess fror an incident. Can I still transfer my booking to a travel agent? Will I keep all my OBC the same and the promotions? If any of you know the rules for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity I would appreciate it. I can't ask the rest unfortunately. Thanks

hi all again. I just wrote so much and didn't know I went against the rules so I will try again and watch my words. I have a booking made on 4/11/2017 using a future cruise certificate. My booking also has a pre paid tips as a promotions and some $$ from princess fror an incident. Can I still transfer my booking to a travel agent? Will I keep all my OBC the same and the promotions? If any of you know the rules for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity I would appreciate it. I can't ask the rest unfortunately. Thanks

I am assuming you booked direct with Princess?

If so yes you can transfer to a TA.

Yes you should be able to keep everything the way it is.

Make sure whatever TA it is they don't charge fees to cancel/change cabins etc.

Yes I bought cruise from princess. Do I need to send an email to princess to transfer? I was told I can do it up to final payment date.

Have you told the TA you chose that you are transferring it to them?

With my TA I call Princess and give the name/phone for the TA.

Sometimes I will 3 way call Princess with the new TA on the line.

It's pretty easy.

Don't email Princess they may never respond!

Many years ago Princess required a note in writing asking to have the TA take over the booking.

Have not done that in years.

Hhhmmmm this is what I was told. I will ask again. You know how it goes they tell you something than someone else say something else. I can't say the name it's a BIG company wearhouse that sell all different things.... and have TA

Hhhmmmm this is what I was told. I will ask again. You know how it goes they tell you something than someone else say something else. I can't say the name it's a BIG company wearhouse that sell all different things.... and have TA

Give Princess a quick call and ask.

Give Princess a quick call and ask.

I did exactly that just recently...

The TA that I usually use doesn't make me jump through any hoops, I just tell her to do a "take over". This time what she was offering was very minimal, so I checked around and got a better offer.

But the new guy wanted me to call Princess first!! Well, I called Princess and asked, "is it required for me to call Princess for a take over?" The answer was no.

Told the new TA, it's not necessary, just do it. He still wanted me to sign and email a letter that he wrote giving him permission. Sheesh!! What I'll do for a couple of extra dollars saved.;p

Keith is correct you need to contact Princess to see what they require.

I've transferred two bookings in the last few months and in both cases, based on input from the TA, I had to send either a letter, email or fax with my signature to Princess which stated that I wanted to release the booking and included the booking #, name of ship, departure port and date. Along with the name, address and telephone # of TA and their Iota #.

If Princess will accept a three way conversation as authorization that would be much easier.

I also recently transferred a booking.

I called Princess and gave them the info about the transfer and contacted my TA.

Princess rep told me he would put a note on my record. He didn't!

My TA had to jump through a few hoops to get the transfer but it was done.

I've only had to transfer one booking made directly with Princess to my TA. I saw a great price on the Princess website & decided to immediately book it. Being after the final payment date it was paid in full which required sending written information about my booking & requesting it being transferred to my TA. It's been several years ago but as I recall had to fax my request to the Princess Revenue Support Department who made the change.

My TA was told by Princess that before final payment the transfer can be accomplished verbally however after final payment it required a written request.

All of the booking conditions & benefits remained the same when transferred to my TA.

I was told I can wait until a month from final payment date and need to send the Emil. What I'm not sure is will I get an OBC or cash back. I understand that princess give the On Board Credit and if I don't use it I will receive a check in the mail. My travel agent I can't say the name but it is a big store that sell food, tv.... and also have travel. I hope someone understands what I'm saying. So not sure what will I get any one knows? Or each TA is different?

First of all, you can transfer the booking to a TA and keep your booking number, cabin, any OBC and other amenities that you had when you booked with Princess.

From the above responses, it is obvious that different people had different experiences in the process of transferring the booking.

In my case most times I would just tell the TA who could set it up without any other input from me to either her or to Princess. Once time a different TA asked me so send an e-mail request to her (which I assume she used as proof for Princess of my intentions) and I did not have to contact Princess myself.

I transfered my booking once a couple of years ago... I called Princess with my TA's info and they said they just needed an email from me as verification. I can't recall the email address they gave me but once I sent it they transferred the booking asap. My pricing, promos and cabin etc remained as originally booked.

Call Princess and let them know you want to make the transfer and the TA contact info. They will let you know if you need to do anything else.

It was pretty simple when I did it.

I once booked a cruise after the final payment date directly with Princess and was told I could not transfer it to my TA. I did not have any problems transferring a cruise booked before the final payment date.

I once booked a cruise after the final payment date directly with Princess and was told I could not transfer it to my TA. I did not have any problems transferring a cruise booked before the final payment date.

I had the same situation & by faxing a request to Revenue Support my booking was transferred to my TA.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, USNA 72 said:

There's actually a form my TA sent me (it's a Princess form so I suspect that you can request from them).  Fill it out , print, sign, and send to Princess. I also sent a copy to my TA. This all happened earlier this week.

The form is called: Reservation Transfer Request Form. 

Note: As of 2018, the form states "Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation etc.  Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kjg46 said:

The form is called: Reservation Transfer Request Form. 

Note: As of 2018, the form states "Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation etc.  Hope this helps

How interesting! I just made a direct booking with Princess this week for 2022. I specifically asked the Princess agent for the procedure for transferring the booking to a TA. She said (twice) that I had up until final payment to make the transfer and to call the TA directly, not Princess. 

I would hate to get past the 60 days and then be denied the transfer. 

4 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

How interesting! I just made a direct booking with Princess this week for 2022. I specifically asked the Princess agent for the procedure for transferring the booking to a TA. She said (twice) that I had up until final payment to make the transfer and to call the TA directly, not Princess. 

I was just told 60 days also. I did a transfer and Princess screwed up the cabin assignment . Still trying to get it back. I did turn in the transfer form. Not the first time I've transferred, just first time it's been screwed up. Think I'll call next time. Now that I transferred, TA has to do the work to get res straightened out, Princess doesn't want to talk to me.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

I would strongly suggest you transfer the booking before 60 days unless you have something in writing from Princess stating that they are willing to violate/waive the current written policy.

This would certainly be the safest.  Yes, I would get the TA involved at the front end.  

You could always take the risk, because I recall some people reporting that certain TA’s were able to get the policy waived.   
You will need to decide if the perceived benefits of waiting until the final payment is worth the risk.  

Good luck,

35 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I would strongly suggest you transfer the booking before 60 days unless you have something in writing from Princess stating that they are willing to violate/waive the current written policy.

This would certainly be the safest.  Yes, I would get the TA involved at the front end.  

You could always take the risk, because I recall some people reporting that certain TA’s were able to get the policy waived.   
You will need to decide if the perceived benefits of waiting until the final payment is worth the risk.  

Good luck,

Excellent advice. Thank you. 

My only reason for wanting to leave it with Princess as long as possible is that I find it easier/faster to manage the booking myself if I see any price changes. I ultimately go with a TA for the added benefits. 

In this case, I will transfer the booking within the 60 days to be safe. 

Thank you to the OP for resurrecting this old thread or I would have been out of luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1