Bubbles and Cheers

salty dingo

Been away from the boards for a while... so going to ask a question to show my ignorance.

DW and I have finally booked another cruise (Aug '18) and I would like to get the alcohol package, but she doesn't drink. So the rule that all in the same cabin must buy the same package is a bummer. I understand why they would have the rule, but it just doesn't work for us.

She would like to get the soda package (which of course is not necessary with the Alcohol package).

Is there any way to get 1 Alcohol + 1 Drink package for a couple sharing the same cabin? Or am I going to need to smuggle?:cool:

No. The rule isn't that all in the cabin have to buy the same package, it's that all adults in the same cabin must buy Cheers if one wants it. In other words, if only one of you wanted BB, the other isn't forced to buy it also. But of course, you aren't supposed to share. So if you want Cheers, then you will both need to get it. There are a lot more things included besides alcohol so it may not end up being such a bad thing.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Smuggle . Also the drink Package "BB " is the worse if you're ordering at a bar. Count on being the last person waited on.

Do you miss the Carnival forums ?

What do you mean, count on being the last person waited on? I planned to purchase the BB package for my kids, where would they get their drinks from? I wouldn't want them to always have to wait to be the last person to get their drinks.

Just a quick question instead of starting a new thread. Does Carnival ships have Sprite Zero? Not Diet Sprite but Sprite ZERO. I've search and can only find Diet Sprite but Sprite Zero is diet so its tough to tell if they mean Zero or just diet. But there is a difference between Diet Sprite and Sprite Zero.

Cheers includes a lot of other drinks than those with alcohol. Not a bad deal, if you reach your limit of 15, you can always have your wife get you extra drinks.

That would be sharing- that is stealing according to many people on here.

Just a quick question instead of starting a new thread. Does Carnival ships have Sprite Zero? Not Diet Sprite but Sprite ZERO. I've search and can only find Diet Sprite but Sprite Zero is diet so its tough to tell if they mean Zero or just diet. But there is a difference between Diet Sprite and Sprite Zero.

the Fantasy had Sprite Zero in November.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I was hoping there was some special exception out there but I guess not. It's true the Cheers for two could be used by someone who does not drink alcohol but I don't see how anyone could drink enough diet coke to justify a 50 dollar a day tab.

FWIW this particular cruise has no sea days so the opportunity to have a beverage on board is limited somewhat. Plus it is out of San Juan which practically has a liquor store on the gangway ;p ;p.