Murder on Emerald Princess

Aquahound

Deck 9.

If you aren't immediately involved, why should it matter?

A little while ago, the captain requested that all passengers with cabins in a certain section report to their cabins to assist with the investigation.

Passengers who had booked the Tracy Arm excursion will be refunded, but I assumed that would happen.

Still no word on when we will be able to get off the ship. There is also some uncertainty about whether we will leave Juneau on time tonight.

I won't speculate on any of the rumors. I'm just reporting what we have been officially told.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we were on the Emerald several years ago we saw our first ( and only )passenger fight between a husband and wife, it was by one of the shops the husband slapped his wife really hard she went down and when he went near her she stared kicking him as she laid on the floor. Maybe it's something in the water on the Emerald?

Edited by goldenrod

When we were on the Emerald several years ago we saw our first passenger fight between a husband and wife it was by one of the shops the husband slapped his wife really hard she went down and when he went near her she stared kicking him as she laid on the floor. Maybe it's something in the water on the Emerald?

Seriously?!? Not appropriate at a time like this!

The Emerald is a fine ship with wonderful crew who are handling this situation amazingly well.

Maybe it's something in the water on the Emerald?

Or maybe some relationships just fall apart and at least one of them has issues w/anger mgmt.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I can't speak for the original poster that asked the question but was answering what I know. :) I'm not on the ship but just keeping in close touch with a friend that is. To be honest I even cringe at typing that I'm one of "those people" that knows someone on board.

In the end, the whole thing is a tragedy and my heart goes out to the family. I also feel for the passengers and the crew!

Seriously?!? Not appropriate at a time like this!

The Emerald is a fine ship with wonderful crew who are handling this situation amazingly well.

Hey, I did not kill her just reporting what happened when we were on the Emerald. We know the Emerald quite well we will be on it again for 31 days December and January we are Elite with Princess.

She asked the same question I'm sure many had. Just idol curiosity having been on many ships. It's the same reason folks gawk @ an accident. Curiosity. Cut her a break. I'm traumatized as a loyal PCL cruiser who thinks an AK cruise is the best of the best and I'm just a bystander thousands of miles away reading about it. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it happened on certain OTHER lines and on certain routes but on MY chosen line, in MY fave route is beyond comprehension.

Condolences to her family.

When we were on the Emerald several years ago we saw our first ( and only )passenger fight between a husband and wife, it was by one of the shops the husband slapped his wife really hard she went down and when he went near her she stared kicking him as she laid on the floor. Maybe it's something in the water on the Emerald?

It's the bad coffee.;)

Statistical probabilities.... (??)

Actually with the ever growing cruising market world wide, and the well over one million people who cruise on a cruise ship annually , it's incredible that statistically this kind of act of violence onboard doesn't happen more often.

A sobering thought to be sure

Srpilo

How incredibly sad for the woman, family, passengers, and crew. Just so many levels to this, but I know that the caring crew are distraught over this event. And passengers who were on perhaps a once in a lifetime cruise now have to deal with the aftermath too. I hope and pray there weren't children in nearby cabins as that would add another level of horror that they will have to deal with. So awful.

A little while ago, the captain requested that all passengers with cabins in a certain section report to their cabins to assist with the investigation.

Passengers who had booked the Tracy Arm excursion will be refunded, but I assumed that would happen.

Still no word on when we will be able to get off the ship. There is also some uncertainty about whether we will leave Juneau on time tonight.

I won't speculate on any of the rumors. I'm just reporting what we have been officially told.

Thank you. I'm sorry for the family and for the passengers. Especially the ones who are now part of an FBI investigation. Nobody signs up for that when they book a vacation.

Regarding the question that seemed to offend some about the cabin number, I have a cruise scheduled on the Emerald Princess. It did not take me long to wonder if this horrible event ocurred in the cabin that I have booked.

Then it dawned on me that deaths do happen on cruise ships. This one is just getting a lot of publicity. It's entirely possible that I have sailed in cabins where people have died. For that matter, it is entirely possible that I have spent nights in hotel rooms where people have died.

I have now come to the conclusion that I hope the cabin number is never disclosed officially. Of course, Cruise Critic denizens will post room numbers (I'm counting on multiple reports.), but if I can live in blissful ignorance, I will be happy.

The people who boarded didn't look anything like the FBI agents on TV.

We've been in port nearly 3 hours and they still won't let us off. They are saying tours will go on as scheduled starting at 2:30, but still no word about how soon we can get off.

It is Juneau, there are probably only a handful of FBI agents who are based there. Maybe as low as 3-4. They likely are getting help from the state and city police. Also, FBI agents don't exactly have a uniform, they are sometimes in suits, other times in jeans and a shirt with a jacket or badge on.

In another cruise site some other details were reported by a someone who claims to be a passenger that a bunkbed ladder was used as a weapon, the women has children (not sure if on the ship I sure hope not) that the man may have tried to jump overboard and also that others were going around the cabin looking for help covered in blood.

If you aren't immediately involved, why should it matter

I asked because some people are more spiritual than others and I will be on that ship next year. I definitely don't plan on changing my cruise because of this but I wouldn't want to be in that room either. Idk, I'm weird like that I guess lol. I do sympathize with everyone on board, especially her family. Very tragic!

I have now come to the conclusion that I hope the cabin number is never disclosed officially. Of course, Cruise Critic denizens will post room numbers (I'm counting on multiple reports.), but if I can live in blissful ignorance, I will be happy.

I know the cabin number as well but I will not post it so we can all continue to live in blissful ignorance. I know if I had booked on the Emerald Princess I wouldn't want to know either.

It is Juneau, there are probably only a handful of FBI agents who are based there. Maybe as low as 3-4. They likely are getting help from the state and city police. Also, FBI agents don't exactly have a uniform, they are sometimes in suits, other times in jeans and a shirt with a jacket or badge on.

ABC News reported that Seattle and Anchorage FBI agents were dispatched to Juneau to assist and talk to the family (?).

So sorry for families involved.

I have a friend on this cruise, and she's been texting about it. She called security as the woman's screaming woke her up. She saw the men fighting on the balcony and shouted at them to stop.... a nightmare for all involved. Praying for everyone affected by this.

MEN FIGHTING??? Woman screaming? Is this a case of infidelity?

Bad situation that got worse.