Used Dishes?

phabric

Discuss with the room steward during your introductions. I find room stewards will come your room twice a day during breakfast and dinner. Perfect time to discreetly remove dirty plates.

Discuss with the room steward during your introductions. I find room stewards will come your room twice a day during breakfast and dinner. Perfect time to discreetly remove dirty plates.

People who place trays outside their cabins cannot wait that long, especially the people who have a late night meal. They don't want to see those dirty dishes in their cabins all night. They just don't realize that they can call to have them removed.

When I see them in front of a cabin I just slide them closer against their door so they have to move them when leaving their cabin or step over the tray.

Maybe that'll give them the message that it's not appropriate and they'll call in the future. ;)

Haha! That's exactly what I do in hopes that they'll ask someone about it. On the Star last March someone left a tray with a huge pile of uneaten shrimp, lots of noodles and other garbage that someone must have stepped in because it was all over the hallway.

There's an indentation in front of your cabin door that would out of the way of anyone's walking or wheelchair and I put my dishes there. Room service comes around with a trolley and picks up dishes frequently so they don't sit out very long. You are free to decide what works for you. If you're short on counter space you'll probably put your dishes in the hallway out of any ones way in the little indentation.

They still look awful, and when the carts are out it's still difficult to get by.

When I see them in front of a cabin I just slide them closer against their door so they have to move them when leaving their cabin or step over the tray.

Maybe that'll give them the message that it's not appropriate and they'll call in the future. ;)

Good idea [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

People who place trays outside their cabins cannot wait that long, especially the people who have a late night meal. They don't want to see those dirty dishes in their cabins all night. They just don't realize that they can call to have them removed.

I agree...

Somewhere in the loose-leaf info book -- maybe with the room service menu -- it says something like

if you have used dishes you'd like collected, call room service and they will come for them.

A few years ago some thoughtful caring fellow passenger slid a tray of used dishes and stuff right up against our cabin door.

As I opened the door I was looking back at the Wife who had asked me a question and I stepped right in the middle of that tray. I ended up with broken glass, food, and liquid on my shoe. Really made my day.

I think about that little adventure every time I see trays sitting on the floor in the hallway.

Bob

Why would I want to see your half eaton meals as I leave my cabin, it looks terrible

I put the plastic cover on it so you'd have to really take a close look to see any food. If you don't want to see the dishes then don't look but I will do things my way and you do things your way. If Princess has a way they wish for us dispose of our dishes then let them print it , perhaps on the page in the note book where you can read the menu or below the menu on the TV screen. Until they state a preference we're free to do what works for us. Do you also subscribe to the pool chair patrol or the fashion police?

I agree...

Somewhere in the loose-leaf info book -- maybe with the room service menu -- it says something like

if you have used dishes you'd like collected, call room service and they will come for them.

Does that state come for them in the hallway or your cabin? I prefer no one but my cabin steward enter my cabin, especially if I'm not there.

Does that state come for them in the hallway or your cabin? I prefer no one but my cabin steward enter my cabin, especially if I'm not there.

Other staff do enter your cabin from time to time. I've often seen a housekeeping manager checking the work of the stewards, and maintenance workers may need to check an issue among other things.

We always leave them in the cabin or sometimes drop the tray at the buffet if we are going that direction. If left in the cabin the stateroom attendant would usually remove them when servicing the cabin. I say usually because on one sailing the attendant simply removed the dishes from the cabin and just set them on the floor in the hallway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I put the plastic cover on it so you'd have to really take a close look to see any food. If you don't want to see the dishes then don't look but I will do things my way and you do things your way. If Princess has a way they wish for us dispose of our dishes then let them print it , perhaps on the page in the note book where you can read the menu or below the menu on the TV screen. Until they state a preference we're free to do what works for us. Do you also subscribe to the pool chair patrol or the fashion police?

And here is what's wrong with our world today, every man for himself. Simply put, this is a safety issue. Can we not consider those using wheel chairs, walkers or scooters? As stated in the information binder, please call room service and they will take your dirty dishes or leave them and your room steward will remove them when they clean the room.

This is my biggest pet peeve! I hate seeing dishes in the hallway of cruise ships or hotels! Leave them in your room! A room steward will tell you to put them in the hall because they don't want to deal with it. I've cruised 67 times and only ordered roomservice twice. Both times I kept the dishes in the room. I don't know who cleared them but later they were gone. Any time I bring dishes or glasses to my room from the buffet I bring them back to the buffet in the morning!

If we order room service, the items are usually on a tray. In the end, utensils and dishes are returned to the tray for collection.

If I go to the buffet and get a plate, I return the used plate to the buffet area, there is a station located in he corner of the buffet room, where it is taken care of.

And here is what's wrong with our world today, every man for himself. Simply put, this is a safety issue. Can we not consider those using wheel chairs, walkers or scooters? As stated in the information binder, please call room service and they will take your dirty dishes or leave them and your room steward will remove them when they clean the room.

Thank you. Even walking with a cane (which I was for 31 days on the Crown last winter) can be perilous with dishes in the hallway. For all those who say that 'we do it in hotels', I've never been in a hotel with the narrow hallways you find on a cruise ship so that is no comparison.

Thank you. Even walking with a cane (which I was for 31 days on the Crown last winter) can be perilous with dishes in the hallway. For all those who say that 'we do it in hotels', I've never been in a hotel with the narrow hallways you find on a cruise ship so that is no comparison.

Plus the floor in a hotel doesn't sway as much. ;)

Plus the floor in a hotel doesn't sway as much. ;)

That's the truth :D. There were times - especially the day we missed rounding Cape Horn due to high seas - when walking while holding the cane in one hand and grasping the rail in the other took all the concentration I could muster.

That's the truth :D. There were times - especially the day we missed rounding Cape Horn due to high seas - when walking while holding the cane in one hand and grasping the rail in the other took all the concentration I could muster.

I don't need a cane but my dad used one for years so I know where you coming from. We used to steady him while walking don't the ships hallway at times.

I absolutely hate when people leave them in the hall. So tacky.

Your cabin steward is in at least twice a day and will take them away for you. If you don't want dirty dishes in your cabin either call to have them removed or eat in one of the restaurants. Don't make them someone elses problem.or eyesore and leave them outside

I agree totally. I hate looking at someone else's dirty dishes in the hall. Also it makes it difficult for people with mobility issues.