Anthem priority check in at Cape Liberty for Diamond members

If you fill in your information on line completely pre-cruise, including uploading your photo, there IS no line to check in. There are people roaming around with ipads as soon as you enter the terminal who will check you in on the spot.

D+ can also go through the security line all the way to the left.

I'm (D+) assuming there's signage directing us to this line like in other terminals? Will be on Anthem sailing out of this port terminal for the first time in October.

Is there priority check in and boarding for Diamond members at Cape Liberty?

Years ago they had a separate area for Diamonds.

Thanks

On our August cruise we did not need a special D line, it was done outside via a RCL staff member with an I-Pad. Took pictures and the health questionnaire. Easy peachy, next ready to board.

Thank You,

So there is no priority boarding for Diamond members at Cape Liberty?

Some folks seem to have found a priority line and others not. My experience has been that the whole check in process is now so incredibly quick for Anthem that I wouldn't consider wasting my time trying to find some sort of "priority" line unless I was in a suite.

Note: I would not expect these comments to apply to other ships sailing from Cape Liberty like Adventure and Vision.

Thank You,

So there is no priority boarding for Diamond members at Cape Liberty?

If you get there VERY early and are checked in before boarding begins, you may get to board before Emeralds, Platinums, Golds and newbies.

Just completed my on line check in and was asked to pick an arrival time even though I am Diamond. Is this normal? Also, my photo will have to be taken at the pier.

MARAPRINCE

Yes, normal for Quantum class ships and Harmony.

Just completed my on line check in and was asked to pick an arrival time even though I am Diamond. Is this normal? Also, my photo will have to be taken at the pier.

MARAPRINCE

Photo is a quick click of an IPad by the person checking you in. I always arrive between 10 and 11 if I can.

The people at the port are not always aware of the D/D+ priority check in seating area. If your person does not direct you to that area, ask another person. It only matters if you get there early (like before 11am) in which case you will be among the first groups to board.

Did 3 cruises out of this port last spring and the far left line is for suite;s and Pinicale only. If your among the early arrivals then D & D+ can proceed to separate seating and are able to board before lower tier C & A. If you get pre checked outside then proceed to the far right otherwise join the maze. Our biggest concern was the lack of staff to handle the initial rush. Hey don't hurry be happy.

Gerald

Did 3 cruises out of this port last spring and the far left line is for suite;s and Pinicale only. If your among the early arrivals then D & D+ can proceed to separate seating and are able to board before lower tier C & A. If you get pre checked outside then proceed to the far right otherwise join the maze. Our biggest concern was the lack of staff to handle the initial rush. Hey don't hurry be happy.

Gerald

I've sailed on Anthem 10 times out of Bayonne. 5 of those times as D+. Even thought the sign says suites and pinnacle. I have been shown to that security every time, by the people that check me in.

Folks are commenting that check in is easy, but is it organized? I heard complaints about how it didn't seem organized because the folks with ipads are wandering around the cruise terminal.

I am a diamond member, but I'm assuming I would just head for the first person with an IPAD? Not sure heading for a diamond/higher line is worth it? I can just head to any person with an IPAD correct?

Folks are commenting that check in is easy, but is it organized? I heard complaints about how it didn't seem organized because the folks with ipads are wandering around the cruise terminal.

I am a diamond member, but I'm assuming I would just head for the first person with an IPAD? Not sure heading for a diamond/higher line is worth it? I can just head to any person with an IPAD correct?

Yes, you can check in with someone that has an IPad, they will be wearing a Turquoise sweater. After checking in with them, you'll go through Security and if boarding has already started, you can now board the ship, it's very easy, did not find it to be disorganized at all.

Have a great cruise :)