Tropicante: 100% satisfied with this relaxing day at the beach

RandSluv2cruise

While I haven't been to every attraction in Costa Maya, this was one of the best stops I have ever made on a ship's excursion. We e-mailed Steve and he reserved us some beach chairs on his property. He will send you detailed instructions on how to get to his property. Print the little treasure map and follow them. You won't be steered in the wrong direction. We spent $3 per person and took the open air trolley from the port. It cost $2 per person to return in a cab. $10 round trip for 2 people! His staff is so friendly and accommodating. He told us that many of his guys have been with him for nearly 10 years. There is no cost to hang out at the beach. They do ask that you order food and beverages. One beer, 3 Diet Cokes, 1 bottle of water, order of fresh guacamole, and some amazing batter fried fish tacos cost only $26. They have massages available and can hook you up with any water activities. The owner, Steve, spends time chatting with all of his guests. The beach was small, the water clear, and the palm trees gave much needed shade. I can't say enough great things about Tropicante. Should we return to Costa Maya, we will definitely go back.

I also have to add a plug for the Tropicante. Steve will take care of you and you should have a great day. We love to go there when the ship stops at Costa Maya. He can also turn you on to some really good Tequila and some Mexican Whiskey. Fantastic day. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I made my 3rd attempt to reserve at tropicante for Thanksgiving day. I have not received a response. I contacted through their website, facebook, and I finally emailed directly. Our group was most excited about this stop and tropicante. I wish I knew why they are not responding. With such amazing reviews this surprises me. We are very disappointed and starting to look for other restaurant/beach options. :loudcry: