Ultimate Beverage Package vs. Adult Beverage Package?

sweetmelissa

• 10 months later...

Is there a daily limit on the amount of drinks? And if so, does that limit include soft drinks?

If a cocktail contains 2 shots, is this still included?

If I am reading correctly, it says I will pay gratuities (what %?) on each drink? So I would still get a beverage tab at the end of the cruise?

Thank you

L

No daily limit, though they do reserve the right to cut you off if you are too drunk. Drinks under $15 are included with a few exceptions (energy drinks, freshly squeezed juices, bottled water, etc.). You pay gratuities based on the cost of the package, not on how many drinks you actually get. It will be billed when you buy the package, or when you book the cruise if you get the package as a booking perk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a daily limit on the amount of drinks?

No. Unlimited

And if so, does that limit include soft drinks?

Unlimited soft drinks

Drinks under $15 are covered. If your drink price exceeds $15, you pay the difference in price (plus 20% gratuity on the difference)

If I am reading correctly, it says I will pay gratuities (what %?) on each drink?

Nope. You pay a 20% on the package when you book the cruise. There is no per-drink gratuity on the ship.

So I would still get a beverage tab at the end of the cruise?

If you do not exceed $15, no bill. There will be a small sales tax charge per drink if you embark at a US port until you get into international waters. That is a charge by the City/State of embarkation.

Thank you

L

Order those drinks that you would never pay money for at your local bar. And work your way down the bar menu.

• Like 1

Is there a daily limit on the amount of drinks? And if so, does that limit include soft drinks?

If I am reading correctly, it says I will pay gratuities (what %?) on each drink? So I would still get a beverage tab at the end of the cruise?

Thank you

L

You are paying the 20% gratuity in your final payment, it will be included in your fare. No other beverage tab UNLESS you are ordering something over the $15 limit OR ordering drinks while in port you will be paying local tax.

Yes you can get soft drinks as well. I don't know about the 2 shots thing, I would ask the bartender before ordering.

If I order a drink that normally only has 1 shot, will they give me a double if I ask? Or a "floater"?

You can order two drinks at a time, so I see no reason you couldn’t order your drink plus a shot and dump it in yourself if they don’t want to make it with 2 shots to start with. I am guessing this depends on if a double would still be priced $15 or less.

I just read “offer is not valid at Harvest Caye, restaurants or venues”.

Does that mean you cannot use your UBP in these places?

You cannot use it anywhere on Harvest Caye, but can use it at any ship restaurants/bars and on great stirrup Caye.

• 2 years later...
37 minutes ago, cmrvancouver said:

The package does not include specialty coffees, but we got around that by ordering a regular coffee and a side separate shot of Baileys or Grand Marnier... and combine.

Package does include liqueur coffees as long as they contain regular coffee plus liqueur, but not the special coffees like espresso, Starbucks, etc.

Our (almost) daily afternoon tea on the Spirit - Buena Vista Irish ...

IMG_6220.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Package does include liqueur coffees as long as they contain regular coffee plus liqueur, but not the special coffees like espresso, Starbucks, etc.

Our (almost) daily afternoon tea on the Spirit - Buena Vista Irish ...

IMG_6220.JPG

Good to know. We were advised differently when we were on bliss last year.

LINK to the NCL beverage packages:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Note the top of list is the Premium Plus package for $128 (a day) that covers just about everything

including that Starbucks specialty coffee.

If you are just trying something for a one time deal best to go with Premium package and pay the difference.

If trying something every waking moment on the cruise then consider the Premium Plus.

Note there is a package for beer and wine drinkers (Corks & Caps)

and one wine package not shown available only the first couple of days of the cruise - the Viva Vino wine package.

We have ways to make you more than drunk - NCL will change you to the liquid state.