Internet speed on Celebrity Solstice Alaska

LuvBotswana

Anyone with experience with internet speed on this particular ship and route? I may want to remote in to my desktop to do some work, but if it's too slow then I may not bothering purchasing the package. Is there a particular time of day (e.g. 3am) during which the speed is fast enough to get something accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Since they have updated their internet the speed is usually acceptable, but not as fast as you will find at home. The best time to go on the internet is when you are in a popular port, as most folks will be off exploring. The worst time is on sea days, particularly mid-day when lots of people are also online.

Since they have updated their internet the speed is usually acceptable, but not as fast as you will find at home. The best time to go on the internet is when you are in a popular port, as most folks will be off exploring. The worst time is on sea days, particularly mid-day when lots of people are also online.

This.

Alaska can be tricky at certain ports due to the topography.

Just off Solstice today and the internet speed was the best I've ever had on a cruise ship. As has been said ad nauseam, however, it isn't as fast as LTE or most home networks.

We were on the Millie 2 months ago north bound to Seward. We could get on most of the time except in Skagway, both sailing into and out of as well as in port, it is a sheltered area. They had a notice posted in the ilounge saying that also.

• 9 months later...

Depending on your cc level, you can get discounts that way. Any time you are working remotely, better to download files, do the work, then upload. I took a few trips on celebrity while doing school on-line. The enhanced wi-fi made cruising possible, as I had assignment deadlines. Even managed group work on-line.

Recently on Solstice in Aus and NZ. The internet in our cabin near mid-ship was very good most of the time. Peak times on At Sea days when there were a lot of users was sometimes a bit slow.